shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me accessorize my dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I stink at accessories. The only jewelry I wear on a daily basis is a tiny pair of diamond studs, and a small emerald pendant that was a gift from my fiance. When I dress up I''ll sometimes wear small pearl studs and a pearl necklace.

Here''s a picture of my dress. I''m thinking no necklace, cause of the detail on the neckline. What sort of earrings would look best? Should I wear a bracelet, or would that be too much?

Should I go with pearls, or some sort of colored stone? I prefer natural stones and I''d prefer to avoid crystals, but I don''t have a fortune to spend.

jh8663laowls2.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
It depends a lot on the color of your sash. It might be nice to try and match that. Stones are lovely, but if they are out of your price range, you might try swaroski (sp) crystals which aren''t to expensive and shine beautifully. I think dangly earring would be good since you have no necklace, but it depends on how you are wearing your hair. I think your right about having no necklace though.
If you tell us the color of the sash and how you are wearing you hair it might help.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I would suggest that you keep it simple. I think that just earrings would look very pretty. If you wanted a bracelet, I don''t think it would be too much, but I also don''t think the outfit would be missing anything without a bracelet either. If you don''t generally wear bracelets, then you may not want one as it can sometimes feel strange to have something on your wrist when you aren''t used to it.

yarrmatey

Rough_Rock
I LOVE this dress. Who makes it/what style??

basil

Brilliant_Rock
My sash will be a champagne/gold color. The dress is ivory lace with a light champagne underlay.

I am planning to wear my hair in a loose low bun with side-swept bangs.

As I said, I don''t really like crystals. So I guess I''m looking for something natural but affordable? Sorry I can''t be more specific, but I have no idea what I want, so I''m just looking for ideas?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 2:27:53 PM
Author: yarrmatey
I LOVE this dress. Who makes it/what style??

It''s Jim Hjelm #8663 (from Fall 07). The back view is to die for!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I think some unique freshwater pearl dangly earrings would be gorgeous. Here are a few that I think would look stunning with your dress

First pair

my faves

simple yet elegant

If I see any more I''ll post them for you!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
OK, sorry- a few more!

mmm yummy

very hip

Ok, that''s all for now! Sorry for the overload!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Those are really cute, Shigidigi. But maybe they''re a little too funky for me?

I looked around and found these:

NMY032Y_mn723986.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
And these:

Both are more than I wanted to spend. But I might be able to combine them into a Christmas present from fiance.

tp17985614.jpg

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I love love love the second pair you posted!!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
The second ones are amazing!

ETA: the first ones are cute too, but I think too casual for your amazingly beautiful dress. The second ones are simple and elegant.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i love the second pair you posted. the drop pearls. beautiful!!!!!!!!!
i''d either do those are about 9mm pearl studs. no necklace. be careful with a bracelet. don''t want anything pulling your beautiful lace...

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I think with a champagne sash that yellow glod would look better than white gold. If you have your heart set on pearls but the cost is prohibitive, consider fresh water pearls. They are cheaper, beautiful and come in some of the best colors. These are similiar, but not identical to the ones you liked:
http://www.amazon.com/white-Kalama-Freshwater-cultured-earrings/dp/B0002V469S/ref=sr_1_81/104-7230827-8482333?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1194226682&sr=1-81
And these look a bit like the others you liked:
http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silver-Freshwater-Cultured-Earrings/dp/B00081NCH4/ref=sr_1_150/104-7230827-8482333?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1194226763&sr=1-150

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, Basil, where did you find that 2nd set of earrings???
30.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 1:24:37 PM
Author:basil
I stink at accessories. The only jewelry I wear on a daily basis is a tiny pair of diamond studs, and a small emerald pendant that was a gift from my fiance. When I dress up I''ll sometimes wear small pearl studs and a pearl necklace.

Here''s a picture of my dress. I''m thinking no necklace, cause of the detail on the neckline. What sort of earrings would look best? Should I wear a bracelet, or would that be too much?

Should I go with pearls, or some sort of colored stone? I prefer natural stones and I''d prefer to avoid crystals, but I don''t have a fortune to spend.
Are you keeping the sage (pear) green sash? How about peridots?

I wore sterling silver necklace and earrings that had high quality crystals set as "faux diamonds". They worked very well with the beading on my dress, and were tasteful enough not to look "costume".

My bridal shop lady advised me not to wear the 1920''s style crystal bracelet I had purchased because of the possibility of snagging my dress. You are going to wear a lace dress, not satin, so you might be facing the same dilema.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 2:37:31 PM
Author: basil
My sash will be a champagne/gold color. The dress is ivory lace with a light champagne underlay.

I am planning to wear my hair in a loose low bun with side-swept bangs.

As I said, I don''t really like crystals. So I guess I''m looking for something natural but affordable? Sorry I can''t be more specific, but I have no idea what I want, so I''m just looking for ideas?
Sorry, didn''t read far enough down to see the color of the dress. Pearls are a nice choice; how about citrine or a yellow topaz? But creamy, more ivory than white, pearls would be lovely. Go for a romantic earring, and possibly a pearl hair ornament to anchor a veil. Are you wearing a veil?

unjustenrichment

Rough_Rock
I got some of my wedding jewelry from www.emitations.com. It is all fake, of course, because that is what my budget allowed, but I liked that it was silver instead of something likely to turn me green!

And the customer service is VERY good. Almost too communicative, if that is possible! LOL

Here are some cute pearl drops. http://emitations.com/lapedrea.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results