shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me accessorize for The Queen...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Mary!

My FI''s company party is at The Queen Mary. Had we known a month ago, I would have grabbed a dress before most were clearanced out. Now, I can''t find much.

I bought two dresses. The one I am liking the best is an AGB Charmeuse Halter... the top part is a black, dropped waist, ruched halter... the bottom is the fabric posted (the hem is an assymmetric scarf-like hem). I can not find a picture for anything and the ones I attempted just look weird lol.

So... shoes? clutch? jewelry? What would you do?

agb_charmeuse.JPG

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, maybe barely there, black, high heel sandals, nothing too heavy looking since the hemline
has so much going on. and a great clutch, you''d be good to go.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
What Bebe said, along with some blingy chandelier earrings!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I'm on my way to shop! (I am actually considering getting something more simple so I could wear it a few times- if I can't, well, it was clearanced so not a huge loss... I have one more function I could wear it to).

I def want some silver chandelier earrings (or at least something silver, sparkly and dangly). I held up my silver purse to it and I think a silver clutch would look great!

Too bad the silver, snake, strappy, low heel Calvin Klein's I want wouldn't work (They would have worked for the first dress I bought and still have to return- teal V-neck, grecian straps, hi-low hem... but from the back it looks too sundress-y, so I'm returning it--- but it would have looked great with the little black and silver Marc Jacobs sweater and some silver accessories).

So... I'm off to see if I can find something more versatile... if not... I'll accessorize. I do really like the dress though... wish I had a picture.

Shoes will be difficult... they should be low due to my knee injuries, and it's not always easy finding cute, sexy low heels that match!

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Sara,
I LOVE the colors in the dress you've chosen. For shoes, try Ann Taylor. (I confess I'm a BIG fan and biased ;-) .) They have a great selection of cute, sexy and comfortable shoes. Their jewelelry selection is great, too, and would also recommend Nordstrom's for the earrings.

Have fun and keep us posted!

ETA: A party on the Queen Mary!! Please give is all the scoop afterwards!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions and compiments. :)

I''m keeping the dress... I just love the colors too much and it is a super cute dress.

I got the accessories. I went with silver for the shoes... they are actually the most subtle! The picture makes the shoes look very shiny but they really aren''t. IRL they have a very soft shine, which matches the silvery grey in the dress... there is no texture to them so I think they "blend" with the charmeuse rather than standing out and silver sometimes can... maybe the fact that I''m so white makes the silver more subtle than the black. They are super low so my knees and ankle will be happy!

bandalino_strappysilver.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
As I was passing by a small display of Eliot Danori jewelry, I stopped dead in my tracks because the jewelry was SOOO pretty and the quality stood out above anything else they had there! The detail and the sparkle was so pretty I just had to find something!

I wanted something very simple for the necklace... fell in love with this round... they had larger ones, pear shapped ones, hearts, crosses, discoballs, squares, drops, etc.

I got a small bangle... the cz goes all the way around... it''s thin and sublte and sparkly... I love it!

The earrings I absolutely love! I tried on chandeliers, a 3 stone with filigree sides, various styles similar to what I got, etc. They are like a paisley or henna design.

I did try on sets, but out of all the combos I tried, I just loved this! The round pendant "goes with" with roundish flower without being matchy-matchy. In the picture maybe they look ill-matched, but on they look nice together.

eliotdanori_set.blurred.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
pic with a little more detail

eliotdanori_earrings.necklace.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
And I had to get these 3-sided pave 1/2" hoops... I fell in love... can't fight the heart, lol. And I really wanted something small and sparkly for more everyday wear.

I think I will post these pics in a separate thread because they have some nice things that could be worn for a wedding/engagement/rehearsal, etc

eliotdanori_half.in.pave.hoops.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
OK... here it all is (except for a black pashmina I have yet to get). The top looks kinda sloppy hanging there but doesn''t look sloppy on.

Any changes I should consider?

agbhalter.shoes.jewels.JPG

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
I vote no changes. I love that dress and I think the silver accessories are a nice touch. You''ll look FAB!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dogmom
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous outfit! I love the colors in the skirt!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 7:57:00 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
What a gorgeous outfit! I love the colors in the skirt!
TY! I really loved the colors too and decided to go with it even though it''s not the little black dress you can wear anywhere and everywhere over and over again.

I''m still not sure how I will do my hair (it''s past my shoulders and is thin but I have a lot of it). Makeup I may do a greyish smokey eye and subtle face. I have an all day CPR/AED class that day, so I''m not going to have a lot of prep time.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Love the dress and the rest! The Queen Mary, no less? How cool! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun and you will look great!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 9:22:21 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Love the dress and the rest! The Queen Mary, no less? How cool! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun and you will look great!
TY! I think it will be a lot of fun. Last company party was at the Nixon Library... the food was SO yummy (and I''m verrrrryyyyy picky!). I''m hoping it won''t be too chilly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results