shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me accessorize and choose a veil for my dress =)

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone... well, the wedding is not until February of next year but I figured it would be smart to start really looking into (and budgeting for!) jewelry and the veil. Unfortunately, I have no "in real life" pictures of my dress on me but here is the one I purchased (won''t be ready until late October)

Maggie Sottero - "Destiny"

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=destiny&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=S5260

So..... what veil and what jewelry? I''m open to pretty much anything
1.gif

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
turbo, your dress looks beautiful! can''t wait to see pictures of you in it! since the dress is pretty elaborate, i would stick with simpler jewelry pieces. do you have an idea of what you want your hair to look like for the wedding? that could also influence what you choose for jewelry.

as for the veil, i have no idea. my dress is being made right now and i haven''t even thought mine >.< i could see something long with nice beading with your dress though.

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Hey sweetpea
1.gif

Thank you - I can''t wait to see the dress again because this wait is killing me!

My hair is about mid-back length and I''m thinking about doing it half up/half down - similar to how Jessica Simpson had her hair during her wedding:

http://www.glamforless.com/jessica-simpsons-wedding-hair.jpg

I like the idea of having beading on the veil that goes with the beading on the dress! I was thinking about maybe keeping it waist length since the back of the dress is form fitted down through the hips and then the skirt flares out - that way you could still see the shape/details of the back?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh! pretty dress! if you have pierced ears, i think the type of earrings you wear has to go with your hairstyle. i like the jessica simpson hair picture! maybe some pretty dangly earrings and either a really simple necklace or no necklace because you want your dress to stand out?

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I like the jewelry the model is wearing
(Good sized earrings and no necklace)
better than what the testimonial bride is wearing.

I think the earrings are too small and the
necklace fights for attention with the dress.

Jessica''s hair is a little too unstructured
looking for my taste. I like to see a little
more definite curl in these styles.

The dress is spectacular.
Any veil should be fairly simple

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with MissMina - I like the model''s accessories. The chandelier earrings and bracelet gives you some bling without fighting the dress. I think the necklace that the testimonial bride is wearing is competing with the dress. And a very simple veil would look great, I think!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 4:02:48 PM
Author: merilenda
I agree with MissMina - I like the model''s accessories. The chandelier earrings and bracelet gives you some bling without fighting the dress. I think the necklace that the testimonial bride is wearing is competing with the dress. And a very simple veil would look great, I think!
Agree. Blingy bracelet and earrings with a simple veil, maybe with a beaded edge, but only maybe.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 5:24:42 PM
Author: sunnyd
Date: 6/22/2010 4:02:48 PM

Author: merilenda

Agree. Blingy bracelet and earrings with a simple veil, maybe with a beaded edge, but only maybe.

agreed! love the model''s hair & accessories!! and with the veil, i''d keep it simple & at least waist length. can''t wait to see you in the dress; it''s beautiful!

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the replies! I think I''m going to heed the advice and stick to what the model is wearing for jewelry. No necklace, chandelier earrings, and a nice bracelet. Still unsure about the veil but I think keeping it simple and waist length is probably the best way to go. The dress is definitely elaborate and I don''t want anything to compete with it.

Thanks again.. I feel better
1.gif

Mrs.SE

Rough_Rock
I don''t have any advice, as that''s not really my forte'', but OMG I just wanted to say how f-in STUNNING your dress is! Absolutely gorgeous. Drop dead in your tracks you will have every eye on you all evening for sure! Congrats on beautiful taste.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with no necklace (there is enough blingy detail on the dress bodice) and large but short earrings - not too fine/delicate as they will get lost. You also need to work out how much hair you''ll have down around your ears before choosing the earrings as you want to be able to see them!

I would not wear a bracelet either, but you wanted to I think a wider bracelet would look better.

gls

Shiny_Rock
I agree with what others have said, a great bracelet and pair of earring will suit the dress and wont over-power it.
Congrats on finding a dress, its amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results