shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Itchy netting material on wedding dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

This is such a helpful website, I''ve decided to share my woes to see if anyone can help me out. My dress arrived yesterday and it fit very well, except for one problem, the netting material sewn onto the dress on the inside is very stiff and scratchy! Ack!
38.gif

I know the material (sewn from the knees down to the floor) is suppose to give the dress a better shape, but I''m not sure I can stand having it against my skin all day! My challenge is, if I take it out, can I replace it with some other material that will do pretty much the same thing, but be a lot smoother? Like heavy satin?

Anyone had this problem before? Your feedback would be great.

Thank you.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Could you put a layer of material in between the netting and you? It would have to be fairly thick so the net doesn''t scratch through.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t remove the netting, I would add a lining between the netting and you.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:44:43 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I wouldn''t remove the netting, I would add a lining between the netting and you.

Ditto PP! This would be a fairly easy fix I''d imagine. I don''t blame you for feeling agitated by the crinoline!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Why didn''t I think of that? Thanks!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup! Lining all the way.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Does it have a really full skirt? If so, you could try wearing a hoop skirt under your dress. That would hold all the itchy stuff off of your legs.

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:03:36 PM
Author: anniee19
Does it have a really full skirt? If so, you could try wearing a hoop skirt under your dress. That would hold all the itchy stuff off of your legs.

I was hoping to minimize rather than add to the dress
9.gif
. Here''s what it looks like http://www.dessy.com/dresses/wedding/1007/, I''m getting the red sash.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
The hoop would work when you''re standing but lining would be needed for sitting! Very pretty dress.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
You could incorporate some colour into your dress if you wanted? Maybe your something blue and add a coloured layer of material between your scratchy netting and you. I have seen this before and it looks fab in pics where the bride is yoinking up her dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results