shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! In Denver, need Independent Appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sketch

Rough_Rock
I looked at the Appraiser finder linked to this site and only found someone in Colorado Springs which is 2 hours away.

If noone knows of someone. Tell me what is the most important credential that my appraiser have other than...not selling diamonds.

thanks!!

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
HI Sketch,
This is the closest one I could find:

Members Search Results
Julie Nash, ASA
Colorado Springs, CO 80936-5011
(719) 572-9558
Gems & Jewelry

I would have thought that Denver would be a large enough city to support an independent appraiser.

I guess you will have to call for an appointment and enjoy the drive. I understand Colorado Springs is very pretty.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sorry Sketch,

I didn't answer your question.
Since you can't find an independent appraiser there in Denver. You might find a Graduate Gemologist. Call that person on the phone and ask them if they can and will see if your new diamond is the same as the certificate without them trying to sell you another diamond. Tell them you are willing to pay for his/her time but that is all you want. This is a very easy process that should take only a couple of minutes if they are any good at all. All you want is verification that the diamond and the certificate are the same. $35 is a reasonable amount to pay for this service as long as you don't ask any other questions. Which will get you
either additional costs or a diamond sales pitch which will include some way of down grading your diamond.
I hope this answers your question.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
This list of appraisers on this site is by no means comprehensive. A city the size of Denver has to have several independent appraisers. Have you checked the yellow pages?

You might also try calling 3 or 4 jewelers to find out who's considered a good independent appraiser in your area.

I consider the most important credential an appraiser has is his integrity. The best way of finding this out is through people who have known of him or his reputation for quite a while. The jewelers might be able to give you direction in this area, or references supplied by the appraiser.

Next would be a background of extensive experience in the area which he is purporting to be an expert. A bio sheet listing his experience, education and credentials will give you an idea of this in short order.

sketch

Rough_Rock
Found One!

Appraisal Associates of Denver
http://www.gemsandsilver.com

Graduate GIA gemologists and most importantly they don't sell diamonds. FYI Pricescope was on their recommended list of internet sites. As was WhiteFlash.

Neil Beaty

Rough_Rock
I'll be happy to help you out. I"m an independent appraiser in Denver:

Neil Beaty, G.G, ISA
American Gem Registry, Inc.
451 E. 58th Avenue #2471
Denver CO 80216
303-223-4944
www.gemlab1.com

In the meantime, I'll work on getting onto the list of appraisers at pricescope!

Neil

mountainrocks

Rough_Rock
I recently used Appraisal Associates of Denver (http://www.gemsandsilver.com). He was very nice, and very professional. He did the appraisal in front of me and I left with lots of cool pictures and two copies of his detailed report.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results