shape
carat
color
clarity

Help in choosing side diamonds

HenryD

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I would need your help in choosing the size of some trillion side diamonds for this yellow radiant diamond (3.07c).
I don't want the side diamonds to be too big - I want them to enhance the yellow diamond.

I am thinking 0.3c or 0.4c on each side. What do you recommend?

screen_shot_2016-02-21_at_10.png

Thanks for your help!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the proportions look pretty good. What is the finger size the ring is going on? I just wouldnt want it to be so large that
it goes in between her fingers. Comfort of wearing the ring is something to keep in mind. Is this an engagement ring or a RHR?

HenryD

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply.

This is an engagement ring but the picture you see is not the final one. I mean we will extract the yellow diamond and my question is about the trillion side diamonds I want to use. To make it look good, would you recommend 0.25c? 0.3c? 0.4c for each trillion side diamonds?

Thanks!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
IMO you need shaped diamonds either side such as moon or cadillac those in the picture do not compliment the center stone .3 or .4 is hard to gage unless we you give finger size and center diamond dimensions

saravanan123

Rough_Rock
For choosing a side diamond, you have to first check that from where are you choosing?Select the right showroom with optimum credibility so that you can have good quality and service.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Little hard to say without more info or pictures.

You might try looking at DBL...see if you can find a stone that is approximately your size center stone and determine if you think
the side stones next to it are a good size/too small/too big.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/categories/diamond-rings#colors=&intensity=&shapes=&carat-min=&carat-max=&price-min=&price-max=&cat_id=199&ring_types=diamond_ring_type_three_stone&page=1

For example, say your stone is about the same size as this one. This one has .5ish side stones. This look is too big for me and
sort of takes away from the center stone. However, if you are just wanting a bunch of bling going across the top of the finger
then this may work for you.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-yellow-diamond-301ct-fancy-brownish-yellow-si2-cushion-cut-gia-r5262

Hopefully by looking at the DBL site you can figure out good proportions for your main stone.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you consider something other than trillions? Think shield side stones, for example. could be really pretty; ilustrations and comments about these & other kinds of side stones here:
https://leonmege.com/side-stones

P.S. The article's author, Leon Mege, doesn't shrink from sharing his strong opinions on the topic, but he does have a great "eye" & design aesthetics. In fact, scrolling through his web site could facilitate your decision re proportions, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results