shape
carat
color
clarity

Help in choosing center stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jamesthompson

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking for a long time but have never posted. With my limited diamond knowledge and 2 months of research I still find myself a bit confused. I have found three diamonds that I may be interested in for a trillion cut setting. Any help on choosing a center stone would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Stone 1:
Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 1.11
Cut: Ideal
Color: J
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 70.8%
Table: 69.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.73*5.71*4.04
Ratio: 1.00

Stone 2:
Color: I
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 70.6%
Table: 68.0%
Girdle: Thin to thick
Measurements: 5.62*5.62*3.97

Stone 3:
Carat weight: 1.09
Cut: Premium
Depth: 72.6%
Table: 73.0%
Girdle: Slightly thick to thick
Measurements: 5.62*5.55*4.03
Ratio: 1.01

The jeweler actually found and suggested diamond #1 based on what I was looking for. He said comparing diamond 1 and 2 you couldnt tell the color difference and it is actually about $600 cheaper. Diamond 1 is more in my price range but I am willing to pay the extra $600 if it makes that much of a difference. I will also be getting the idealscope images in a couple of days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 12:49:50 PM
Author:jamesthompson
I have been lurking for a long time but have never posted. With my limited diamond knowledge and 2 months of research I still find myself a bit confused. I have found three diamonds that I may be interested in for a trillion cut setting. Any help on choosing a center stone would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Stone 1:
Color: J
Depth: 70.8%
Table: 69.0%
Girdle: Thin to medium
Measurements: 5.73*5.71*4.04

Stone 2:
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 70.6%
Table: 68.0%
Girdle: Thin to thick
Measurements: 5.62*5.62*3.97

Stone 3:
Carat weight: 1.09
Cut: Premium
Depth: 72.6%
Table: 73.0%
Girdle: Slightly thick to thick
Measurements: 5.62*5.55*4.03
Ratio: 1.01

The jeweler actually found and suggested diamond #1 based on what I was looking for. He said comparing diamond 1 and 2 you couldnt tell the color difference and it is actually about $600 cheaper. Diamond 1 is more in my price range but I am willing to pay the extra $600 if it makes that much of a difference. I will also be getting the idealscope images in a couple of days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hi James and welcome!

Just to clarify, have you seen the diamonds in person - are they all with a jewellery store? It is hard to tell much without images so if you can get ASET or Idealscope and post them here then that would be a great help. Also unless you particularly want VVS clarity, VS should still be completely eyeclean but this is of course a personal preference.

Also don't go by vendor applied labels such as Ideal Cut etc, this in no way guarantees you a well cut diamond, the only meaningful use of the term Ideal cut is used to describe AGS 0 Ideal cut grade. AGS are at this time the only lab to grade Princess for cut performance.

jamesthompson

Rough_Rock
Actually this is all online from JA.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 12:55:46 PM
Author: jamesthompson
Actually this is all online from JA.
Ok thats fine, they should have the Idealscope images for you soon! If you could post the photographs of the diamonds also please that are provided on the diamond's link, that would be very helpful too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results