shape
carat
color
clarity

Help in Boston Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

history

Rough_Rock
I was hoping someone might be of some help. I want to start my search here in Boston, but I want to keep it a surprise, so I can''t ask friends or family.
Looking to spend around 2k. Want simple white gold band with elegant diamond. Any suggestions?
Thanks a bunch
9.gif

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
Well, you're not far from NY where Good Old Gold is based. I have never worked with them personally (yet) but people on this forum can't say enough about how wonderful Jonathon is (do a search). If you want a great diamond, at a great price, and an honest vendor, I would contact him. If you'd like to see the stone in person, I beleive they have a store which might be worth the trip for you. But I also think if you could probably handle it all online. You'll get more for your money, and I don't think you'd have to worry about tax. You can go to their site and check their inventory...

Just a thought. Good luck in your search.

history

Rough_Rock
thanks for the heads up.
I will give it a go.
Cheers
D

lsp7

Rough_Rock
In December 2003, I went with ADCO Diamond in the Jewelry exchange building after hearing great things. Aline and family were honest and truly spent hours of time with me with no pressure. I landed up getting exactly what I wanted at a very fair price. My fiance and I both love the ring and often can't stop staring at it. She is always telling me people complement her on it.

Give them a call, tell them what you are looking for, and they will tell you when to come in.

Here is their info since I have their card:
ADCO Diamond Corporation
333 Washington St. #707
Boston, MA 02108
617-720-0752

-Larry

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
The is no shortage of selection in your area. You can try a site called findmyjeweler.com and see who they like in that area. You can call the jewelers association in that state. With 2grand to spend, you have many choices. You can have from clarity treated 1 ct rounds to top quality 1/2 ct rounds and a whole assortment of fancy shapes. Staying with white gold instead of platinum will give you more money on the diamond. I say buy the prettiest dimaond you can afford. IF you get too hung up on the searching, you will forget about beauty. If you buy the first thing you see, you often will pay too much. Shop these type of sites, shop locals, and make sure you find an independent appraiser in your area to verify how you did, in case there is a problem, most will take it back. Work out all details before giving it to her and most of all, plan how to give it to her. Guys usually don't think that part through enough.
Scott

jfaller

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/27/2004 10:02:30 AM history wrote:

I want to start my search here in Boston, but I want to keep it a surprise, so I can't ask friends or family.
----------------

Try the diamond building at 333 Washington st. (off Orange line, I think Chinatown might be closest stop)

Lots of jewelers (including some mentioned above) -- keep climbing the stairs if you don't find someone you like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results