shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I want to buy the diamonds today! Should I wait?

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone out there at this hour?

Long story short, my diamond studs disappeared and I am going to get new ones. I adore old cuts and I have found a ring with two perfectly matched 0.35ct each OEC :love: . I want to buy them today! But should I wait till monday? What if they disappear?

The ring is a very ugly three stone ( pretty green spinel in the middle) selling the gold content at my jeweler and ignoring the spinel the diamonds would cost $380 for both stones. Stats are 0.70ctw, I color and eye clean SI and in my opinion quite a good cut. The amazing thing is they are a perfect match!

I really don't think that I will be able to find a better deal on the diamonds, does anyone disagree?

I have been thinking about them for two weeks now, so it is not an impulse decision.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Eeek! Posted before I was finished.

Anyhow, what happens if I change my mind and decide to buy something from the US?

I don't think that would happen since id upped there prices on the earrings I wanted by nearly double :(sad . I basically want milgrained bezel studs 0,40-0,70 ctw AND a matching pendant 0,40-0,50 ct on a tiny budget, preferable around $1500 for both. I also have some issues with earrings so I don't want any nickel, which from what I know jewelers in the US use a lot (I am from the Sweden where that is not permitted).

The reason for waiting till monday is that I have not yet gotten the money from my insurance. They have however decided on the amount and said that I either get 70% of the value in cash or a gift certificat for the whole amount at one of their associated jewelers. I went and inquired as to pricing at the associated jewelers and they want $4300 for 0.50ctw bezeled (milgrain would be additional) H/SI. And for just doing the settings the cheapest associated jeweler still comes in at over double of what my jeweler wants for the same job. So I think I should get he cash.

What should I do? Get them now or wait?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, so 0.70 ctw OECs, which you've seen in person for $380? Get them!!! You'd be mad not to. That's a great deal, assuming you like OECs and the pattern, colour, and clarity of the stones.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Addy|1315047732|3008930 said:
Wait, so 0.70 ctw OECs, which you've seen in person for $380? Get them!!! You'd be mad not to. That's a great deal, assuming you like OECs and the pattern, colour, and clarity of the stones.

Thank you! That pretty much what I needed to hear. I adore OEC, these have a pretty much matching pattern if I remember correctly, eye clean Si is my sweet spot. I would have preferred warmer stones but at this price I feel like that is a minor thing.

I have a 0.43ct borderline OEC/ tranny which is an H. I bought this for the pendant. Problem is it is an I1 with a noticible black carbon spot on the tabel! :shock: . So I don't know what to do about it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3-4 years ago I bought two OECs and had them set into earrings - they are about 0.71 ctw, about the same specs as yours colour and clarity-wise. I paid around $400-$450 for the two stones. You're buying diamonds at prices that were good even a few years ago. If you get them and change your mind, you won't lose money...you can sell them to me at a mark-up!

And take photos!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get them!!!

My only question is: is the insurance company letting you pick between the gift card or cash.... Or are they deciding for you??? I'd hate for them to issue you a gift card on Monday and then you don't have the cash,..,

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I am doing it! Heading over there now so unless something odd happens they will be in my greedy little hands in an hour!

Amy- Thank you for the push :D . Yes my insurance company is going to let me choose. What I realized however is that whatever happens with the money I want those stones! :lol: Pricescope has a lot to answer for.

Addy- Thank you yet again. You are great at hand holding and enabling me to make the RIGHT choice :wink2: .

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I got it! :appl:

Can't find hubbys camera so will have to wait till he gets home to take photos. To tide you over here is a linky to the ring http://www.kaplans.se/Kaplans/StoreArt.aspx?vId=683818&plT=52677218

Seriously that photo makes it look much better then when it is on the finger. On it looks like someone attached golden dumbo ears to the diamonds. The poor stones are swimming in gold.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous ring - can't wait to see hand shots.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool ring!! I quite like the setting, it's unique and I'm a bit taken by the way it flares at the sides. Much cooler as earrings though!

Do you have it in your hot, little hands? How are you going to set them?

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I have it! :naughty:

I tried taking pictures but they turned out pretty horrible. From the side the ring is interesting and quite pretty but from the front :rolleyes: . It kinda looks like someone attached giant golden dumbo ears to the diamonds. I need to do a thread on the ring, it's quite special.

Planning to set them as milgrained bezels probably, in 18kt nickel free white gold. Need to decide upon how they should look like from the side. I kinda like the handmade bezels at brian gavin and at whitflash.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results