shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I ruined my comforter!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I took my king size comforter to the laudromat to wash it, since it won''t fit in out machine at home. I did not know that you had to put tennis balls in there with it, and when it came out all of the stuffing was lumped up. I''ve managed to somewhat re-distribute the stuffing, but it''s just not quite right. Is there anything I can do? Should I stick it in the dryer with some shoes or something? Please help!!
39.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is yours quilted? I never dry mine with a tennis ball even though I know it is suppose to help. As long as it is fully dry I have never had issues though.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
No it''s not quilted. It''s a nautica comforter, cotton outside, and polyester inside. It was really expensive, so I would LOVE to not have to buy another!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, is a dry clean only? Mine is a quilted down so I have no experience with the type of comforter you have. Good luck! I am sure it will work out.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tuckins - can you take it into a professional and have them fix it? My king comforter needs a jumbo size washer, as well, and I paid $14 and had a cleaner wash & dry it for me. It was worth the extra money.

Hopefully someone can help you.

ETA - how long have you had the comforter? FWIW, both my kids have nautica bed spreads and they have literally fallen apart.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 6:06:21 PM
Author: MC
Tuckins - can you take it into a professional and have them fix it? My king comforter needs a jumbo size washer, as well, and I paid $14 and had a cleaner wash & dry it for me. It was worth the extra money.

Hopefully someone can help you.

ETA - how long have you had the comforter? FWIW, both my kids have nautica bed spreads and they have literally fallen apart.

I guess I can see if a dry cleaner can help... We''ve had it for 2 years, but we don''t use it much. Only when it''s really cold during the winter. (Don''t want anyone to think we''ve used it for 2 years straight and never washed it
32.gif
) Do you think it would make it worse if I tried to fluff it up in the dryer myself?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins, it might be the fact that it''s a nautica! I took mine (also kingsize) to the drycleaner and I asked if they were going to wash it or dryclean and they said they''d follow the directions, whatever it said on the tag. I believe it was drycleaned, and it was lumpy as heck when I got it back. That comforter wasn''t cheap (I think $250??) and while I love the design, I''m not sure I''ll buy one ever again. I have a target comforter that went in the washing machine several times and it wasn''t lumpy at all.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wait until it is totally dry and stable that can take week.
Then get some help and hold it parallel to the ground and shake it in waves.
So it looks like the ocean waves traveling over it, do this in every direction.
That will redistribute the stuffing.
It is a slow process, start large then as it fills out do smaller waves.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 6:17:40 PM
Author: strmrdr
wait until it is totally dry and stable that can take week.

Then get some help and hold it parallel to the ground and shake it in waves.

So it looks like the ocean waves traveling over it, do this in every direction.

That will redistribute the stuffing.

It is a slow process, start large then as it fills out do smaller waves.

Ok, I will try that! I guess it can''t make it any worse.
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results