shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I need to write a wedding poem...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Okay ladies, I purchased chalkboard cache pots that are 3" tall that we will serve a dual purpose as both our table decorations and our favors (we are going to plant Kalanchoe or some similar plant in each one). We will write each guests'' name on a pot. I do not want to do seating arrangements, but my mom thinks each person should place their pot in front of them at the dinner table, as opposed to just scattering them across the tables, so that everyone knows who everyone else is (all the guests will be seated at two or three tables and they don''t all know one another).

And now to the task at hand...I need to come up with a cute little poem that instructs people to pick up their pot (that sounds really funny) and place it at their table and to remember to take it home with them at the end of the night. I''ll put the poem in a frame and then place it on the table with all of the pots. But I am totally lost when it comes to actually writing the poem. So does any creative soul want to take a stab at it? Any suggestions would be oh, so helpful!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
My attempt!
----------------

Welcome to our wedding
We''re thrilled to have you here!
The plants below (?) are our gift to you —
our wedding souvenir!

So find the plant that has your name
and place it at your table setting.
It''s lovely decor while you''re here
And yours to take home after the wedding!

-----------------------

Not sure what style you were going for, but that''s all my brain could do on a Friday!
1.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
and maybe something like this between those two paragraphs:

Sit yourself wherever you like,
your seat is yours to choose!
Talk to strangers, make new friends
Eat, drink, and shmooze! :)

(OK, this is way more fun to do than my job!
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, ellaila, you are truly my hero! I''m glad it''s not copywrighted, as I''m using it word for word. Thnaks a million!!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yay!!!
36.gif
I''m so happy you''re going to use it! We can discuss my royalty checks after your wedding
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results