shape
carat
color
clarity

Help- I need child proof storage totes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a carpenter build a TV stand with three open cubbies that fit three of these storage bins. They hold DD''s toys and it is really my fault since I let her sit in them (she looks so cute and happy). Anyways, I guess it was only a matter of time before one broke and today that happened...so now I am looking for a different tote to use. Not wooden (might hurt herself b/c she pulls them out herself) maybe light weight metal with no sharp edges? Fabric that collapses when empty? Or something cheaper in general so if she breaks it no biggie (I don''t want to spend $20 every time one breaks). Any ideas?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know about the size, but I have a few of these boxes from Ikea and I think that they look nice. They are made of cardboard and pretty cheap so if she broke one, wouldn''t be a big deal. The metal corners aren''t as sharp as they looked in the picture, but I don''t have kids so I don''t know! You could always use them without the lids, I guess.

Ikea Kassett

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I just measured the openings and they are 13.3 w x 14.5 h. Obviously I need to find something smaller for clearance. I'll have to see how big those Ikea ones are. I bet they have *something* around that size. My current ones are 12.5 w and it is perfect.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Tacori..how about something like this?

WalMart woven basket it is (L x W x H)13.0 x 15.0 x 10.0 and only 12 dollars?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb, that could work...too wide though! Boo...maybe I should just find something plastic.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
eh! i was totally concentrating on the height that i didnt even think about the width! hahaha
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
gecko, thanks for all those suggestions! Wow!

msb, width is tricky...haha.

So I went to target last night and picked up two choices. Not sure which I will keep. One was another faux leather (in gray!) tote, very cool, on clearance (under $9!) but am worried the same thing will happen with those. I also bought a canvas one made for closest. It fit JUST right but isn''t as sexy as the gray ones. Oh, what to do? What to do?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 3:16:22 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
gecko, thanks for all those suggestions! Wow!

msb, width is tricky...haha.

So I went to target last night and picked up two choices. Not sure which I will keep. One was another faux leather (in gray!) tote, very cool, on clearance (under $9!) but am worried the same thing will happen with those. I also bought a canvas one made for closest. It fit JUST right but isn''t as sexy as the gray ones. Oh, what to do? What to do?
I''d save the sexy grey for when she''s older and won''t destroy them and go for the canvas ones. Then she can still sit in them, but you won''t be worried about the seams busting. That''s just me though - my sister would say go for the grey!
3.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
The Container store and Pottery Barn sell some cute baskets for storage if you take a look at their site you can find the dimensions.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
PB Kids has some canvas baskets that collapse. They are not sexy, though.
3.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I''d say since the "sexy" ones were cheap, go with them. She can play in them and if she ruins them, you can always replace them.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I am going to return the sexy, gray ones. Don''t go broke saving money. Or what does MrsS say, a deal is only a deal if you are getting exactly what you want. They are too small. The fabric, brown ones look better. They fill the space perfectly. I guess I need to teach her NOT to climb in them. She''s going to be angry. Really angry. Thanks for everyone''s advice BTW!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Glad you found something that works! Good luck keeping T out of them!
2.gif
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What if you gave her her very own plastic tote to play in? Every time she goes to the leather one you could distract her with the plastic one. Buy it in her favorite color...If she has one. Or even in a really horrid character pattern - you know the kind kids love. She might leave mommy''s sexy totes alone.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda, that is a great idea! Not sure what her favorite color is. Do 16 month old kids HAVE a favorite color. She does LOVE Dora so I should see if they make one. Probably do right?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
My DD has always been a fan of pink. Everything must be PINK! From the time she was very little it was pink, pink, pink. Could have been me pushing the pink agenda, though after 2 boys, LOL! I''m sure they make Dora totes. Check Walmart.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, I hear ya on the PINK! My daughter starting picking out everything in pink at about 20 months old. I''ll hold up 2 dresses in the store for her to pick from and she''ll say, "How ''bout pink Mommy?" Or if we''re painting, she''ll say, "Let''s paint pink!" Ditto Wal Mart for the Dora totes or Toy''s R Us may have them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results