shape
carat
color
clarity

Help, I have a Crazy Idea!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

imahitter5

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think about this?! I need a great idea to propose to my girlfriend, she''s want people around but I prefer it to be just her and I. So someone at work told me about this old tradition about a pickle ornament(now bear with me, I know it sounds weird)The tradition dates back to Germany, how it goes is on Christmas eve someone hangs this ornament in the Christmas tree and people to to find it, the one that finds it gets a special gift.I thought it was kinda cool, so I thought maybe I would have someone tell us about this story, then have them hang the ornament in the tree, I would also look for it, to throw my girlfriend off, but I will let her find it. On the ornament will be a ribbon that says This will start a special tradition together for the rest of our lives. Then I will take her in the bedroom wear I have candles lit and roses on the bed. Then I would ask her to marry me. I just wanted a womans view to see if its a good idea, or if I''m just crazy, please help!!!!!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a cute idea! There is also a German tradition (I believe it''s German), where you make Christmas spiders to put on a tree. It sounds weird but they are really pretty because they have beaded legs and are handmade with ornaments as bodies. If you are wary about a pickle ornament you could replace it with a spider ornament that you made. Just a thought, but that''s because I love the german spider ornaments, haha. I make them with my MIL every year. But your idea is great!

*M*

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Not weird at all. I''ve known about the pickle ornament and the traditions for years. And my children, now grown, always look for the pickle on the tree! I have 3 of them now. I always hide them deep inside and it makes for some silly fun.

I think your idea is cute and original - go for it.

Just think, that pickle will always be a special ornament on your Christmas tree for many years.

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
I think that it is a great idea. She will really appreciate to the fact that you are taking into consideration the German Customs. Good luck and send us pictures of your engagement ring.
FYI- I would recommend going through and seeing the different reviews, tools, resources that can also help you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results