shape
carat
color
clarity

Help from CAD experts please

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping to get some advice from the CAD experts who seem to have wonderful input when others ask for advice. I have three small rescue OECs and in my attempt to finish up my projects this year, I decided to look for an inspiration ring that would make use of them and give me another vintage style ring. Here is the inspiration and the CAD from DK. I think it looks pretty good, but was wondering if the area surrounding the stones (where arrow points) should be narrower? I know that CADs can show excess metal, but I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

three_1.jpg

_38164.jpg

_38165.jpg

34728.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you leaving it plain? It looks well balanced to my eye but if you are not putting melee there you might want it a bit thinner.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will have melee. I'm hoping for it to look as close to the inspiration as possible.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
With melee, the proportions look good to me. I would ask him to show the pave in the CAD if possible.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your comments. I've had DK make a similar ring for me with melee and milgrain and it never showed in the CAD so that doesn't concern me. But I'm wondering if I should have the outer edges narrowed a bit? The inspiration ring has a center diamond that seems a bit larger than the other two and mine are basically all the same size. So I was wondering if the outside should taper a bit to get closer to the original form. I wish I could describe or draw it but the best I can do is this which isn't very precise.

34728_revised.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring is finished (although I don't have it yet). I think DK did a wonerful job, as usual. The three OEC's are about 32 points each set with .60cts of single cut melee.

_38443.jpg

92.jpg

_38444.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! I saw your beautiful ring on FB this morning. David did such a great job again. Looking forward to see your handshots

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1476599938|4087599 said:
Oooh! I saw your beautiful ring on FB this morning. David did such a great job again. Looking forward to see your handshots

Me too...It turned out exactly like the CADs! Perfect!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my ring and it's great. I really love the single cuts. So much sparkle. And a lot of finger coverage for these three small rescue stones.

hand_39.jpg

_38467.jpg

_38468.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results