shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for victims of riots and looting??

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen dozens of references to donate for legal support of protesters, rioters and looters. Many innocent people have been affected by the mayhem. I am looking for any groups that are helping the victims of those riots...to rebuild their businesses, etc. Has anyone a suggestion for where to look to support those people? We are fortunate that there was no violence here so I can't do much locally. Thanks

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you joined any neighborhood oriented groups like nextdoor or on fb? They will post things like, the next neighborhood volunteer clean up is...

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@PintoBean
We have had only peaceful protesting here....so I can't do much unless I drive several hours to an area also with more COVID than we have locally. Otherwise I would do that and spend a weekend even. This time I can best help with financial resources...remotely.
I do usually prefer to be hands on as well.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind Maybe seek out the chamber of commerce in an area you know was impacted and would like to help. They may know of legitimate support funds that have been set up & verified. Just a suggestion.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thak you @the_mother_thing. Great idea.

You’re welcome! Also, if you feel a connection to an impacted area that doesn’t have a CoC, try browsing that area‘s local news sources during the period spanning the last week or so to find images/mentions of businesses impacted by riots/looting, and search for (and verify) if they have a GoFundMe set up, or contact them directly.

Another thought: churches in an impacted area may be able to suggest/refer you to one of its members who owns a small business impacted by the riots/looting.

Obviously, when possible, I’m a fan of getting support directly in the hands of those who need it with as little red tape/hoops/administration as possible. Good luck & thank you for your willingness to help others! :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much for linking his book. I always enjoy listening to him when I happen to catch him in interviews - a very common sense, logical, reasonable human being. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results