shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for a proposal in Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mzxrjm

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys
35.gif

I''m new to the forum so I know this is cheeky but I was wondering if anyone could help me out? I''m planning on proposing to my gf on a future trip to Montreal (mid September) during a quiet picnic in Parc Mont-Royal followed by a night at the Fairmont as the second suprise. The only problem is the back-up plan if the weather is bad and we can''t have a picnic in the park. Does anyone know any quiet and romantic places in Montreal that would make a perfect setting for a proposal if it rains?? I don''t know the city too well and would really appreciate any help.

I know that its cheeky to ask for help in a first post but I would really appreciate any suggestions
Thanks guys and I''ll keep you updated about how it all went.

Rick

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey there! I''m from Montréal, I''m sure you''ll love it there! What a lovely place to propose...
28.gif

I got proposed to in the Maisonneuve Park by Viau and Sherbrooke street, but Mont-Royal Park sounds great too!! For an indoor proposal, the Biodôme''s indoor greenhouses would be a sweet idea (http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/biodome/bdm.htm), and the Olympic Stadium''s tower would be great too (http://www.rio.gouv.qc.ca/). It has an amazing view of the whole city and is the world''s highest inclined tower.

Good luck!
35.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, I just saw that the Montréal Tower Observatory page isn''t translated in English... If you''re interested in proposing there, the opening hours are 7 days a week, 9:00 to 19:00 from mid-June until Labour Day (first Monday of September), then 9:00 to 17:00 from September to mid-June, except for 6 weeks in January and February. Adult entry fees are $14,00CAD. If you need any help on how to get there, just ask!

mzxrjm

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info anchor31. Sorry for the delay in replying - I''m limited when I can access the forum while my g/f is not around!
The biodome sounds like an excellent backup plan as it looks like the sort of place she''ll love.

Hopefully the weather will be good so we can have a nice romantic walk and picnic in the park but I do like to be prepared and this is something I really don''t want to make a mess of so the extra info is greatly appreciated!!

Rick

mzxrjm

Rough_Rock
I noticed the botanical gardens link on the biodome page so had a quick look at that too. I think that either of these places would be nice as we are both very outdoors people and interested in wildlife and plants.
I notice that both these locations and the Olympic stadium are close together so we could visit all 3 and I can see when the moment seems right!!

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
How are the Cathedral.....It is beautiful!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Yup, they''re very close together, and all so nice to visit! I hope you have a wonderful time in Montréal, I really love this city! When will you be here? In a couple of weeks you''ll be just in time for the gorgeous fall colours coming out, the view from the Tower observatory will be breathtaking!

mzxrjm

Rough_Rock
luvinlife - I agree that the Cathedral looks beautiful and would make a fantastic setting but neither myself nor my g/f are particularly religious so it wouldn''t seem quite right proposing there - for me anyway!! Thanks for the suggestion though, all help is gratefully appreciated.

anchor31 - we''ll be in Montreal the weekend after next (September 8-11) so may be a little early for the colours, but hopefully the weather will be nice so we can spend a good couple of hours walking around the parks. I must admit though, you''re doing a good job of selling the observatory tower so I''m sure we''ll be making a visit there as well.
Its been quite a tough summer for us with other family issues, so hopefully a nice long weekend in Montreal will give us the perfect opportunity to spend some time together in a beautiful setting - and hopefully my plans will work out!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... Me thinks you might have a bit of colours by then!
28.gif
They''re already starting to change. I''m moving into my student''s room in Montréal on Sunday, so I''ll try to give you an apdate on that before you leave next week.

Have fun!
35.gif
Oh, and any pics of the ring?
31.gif

mzxrjm

Rough_Rock
No ring pics yet I''m afraid. I''ve been checking out various designs and seen a few that I like but decided that although I''m usually pretty good at picking jewelry she likes, ultimately it should be her choice. Also, I found it really interesting going through the whole process and learning about the diamonds themselves, and I want her to get all the information too and understand about the 4Cs etc as I think this will enhance the experience even more.
We''ve got appointments booked for looking at diamonds and rings (I''ve already been so they already know my budget etc which means we don''t need to discuss that kind of stuff when shes there) but in the mean time I''ve got a diamond and white gold pendant/necklace to present to her instead when I propose.

Thanks for the offer of updates, I''ll let you know how it goes.
28.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The leaves haven''t coloured as much as I thought they would, but it''ll still be lovely! Have a great week-end!
9.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Any news? How did it go? Did you like Montréal?
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results