shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - flowers inspiration!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!

I'm hoping to meet with my florist soon and am looking for inspiration pictures...

What I really want is a big big big bouquet of hot pink peonies, but alas, getting married in March puts paid to that idea rather rapidly...
7.gif

I don't know what flowers to replace the peonies with, but I do know I want rich deep colours, and I want very minimal greenery.

I have this picture saved from allycat's wedding, this is the (non-peony) look I think I'd like to go for. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has more photos of similar bouquets, or pictures of 'hot pink peony alternative bouquets', for me to show my florist!

Thank you
35.gif

FlowersInspiration_eiywoehtna.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can use cabbage roses to replace peonies. They''re very large and almost peony like. You''ll have to ask your florist about color. I''ve seen a few arrangements with really bright pink cabbage roses.

Here''s a link to show you the roses. None of them as bright as you want, but as I said, your florist will probably know of a variety that will suit your needs.
Cabbage Roses

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2010 5:22:27 PM
Author: House Cat
You can use cabbage roses to replace peonies. They''re very large and almost peony like. You''ll have to ask your florist about color. I''ve seen a few arrangements with really bright pink cabbage roses.

Here''s a link to show you the roses. None of them as bright as you want, but as I said, your florist will probably know of a variety that will suit your needs.
Cabbage Roses

Those cabbage roses are beautiful and should to the job for replacing peonies!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
the cabbage roses are gorgeous! If not, I love allycat''s bouquet too.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Those cabbage roses are gorgeous!
30.gif
I''ve never heard of them before and now I''m rethinking the peonies for my wedding too! Sooooo pretty!!!

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE these david austin english roses (they look like the antique roses and are more peony-like). I''m not sure how expensive they are to get here in the U.S. but here is the link:

http://www.davidaustinroses.com/american/Advanced.asp?PageId=2151

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few dahlia bouquets

This would look great w/o the greenery.

hot pink Dahlia's, mini green Hydrangea, hot pink Roses, hot pink Mokara Orchids, and green Cymbidium Orchids.

6a01127918a34b28a401157241bb45970b-800wi.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
This is SO pretty!

oluiliuliuliu.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Delster I want peonies as well and there is a slight chance I might get them - you may be able to import them however the other rose peony like suggestions are not available at that time either - double check but I was told they weren''t. I am not good with flowers but I think hot pink really full roses mixed with carnations might do the trick - that failing hot pink gerbras maybe for the colour but the style is hard to replicate

Princessplease do you know what flowers they are - those are beautiful
30.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Those cabbage roses are gorgeous. I wonder if Deelight has seen them, she loves peonies too I think, but I am not sure if she can get them for her wedding either?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Dee, I believe the purple ones are dahlias, however, my stupid work computer will not show me any images on the florists website.
29.gif
I just googled kuga designs, and they should have the picture on their website.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2010 4:56:47 AM
Author: honey22
Those cabbage roses are gorgeous. I wonder if Deelight has seen them, she loves peonies too I think, but I am not sure if she can get them for her wedding either?
They also call them garden roses. My florist did. It looks like Fifty Flowers is calling them David Austin Roses too.

Fifty Flowers has them in many shades, even really vivid pink!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 8:07:49 AM
Author: princessplease
Dee, I believe the purple ones are dahlias, however, my stupid work computer will not show me any images on the florists website.
29.gif

Thanks PP :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 4:46:30 AM
Author: Deelight

Date: 2/1/2010 8:07:49 AM
Author: princessplease
29.gif

Thanks PP :)
You''re welcome!!!
2.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, truly, you are inspirational!
36.gif
Apologies I was so long getting back to you, I've been under the weather the past few days. I didn't intend to post and run
3.gif

The pictures you all posted are exactly on the right track, and I have so much now I can show my florist. I'm worried though, I knew that peonies won't be in season in March but some of you have said there won't be anything in that style in season then? No cabbage roses, no dahlias, no garden roses? Remember I am a good bit further North than you guys are
7.gif

misslily

Rough_Rock
I agree Cabbage Roses are awesome.

http://brideslittlewhitebook.blogspot.com/2009/09/cabbage-roses.html

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 6:36:40 AM
Author: Delster
Ladies, truly, you are inspirational!
36.gif
Apologies I was so long getting back to you, I''ve been under the weather the past few days. I didn''t intend to post and run
3.gif

The pictures you all posted are exactly on the right track, and I have so much now I can show my florist. I''m worried though, I knew that peonies won''t be in season in March but some of you have said there won''t be anything in that style in season then? No cabbage roses, no dahlias, no garden roses? Remember I am a good bit further North than you guys are
7.gif

What season is March in fair Ireland?, I am not sure about the dahlias but I know that cabbage roses and david austins had a slightly longer season from what I was told but not available in winter when I want to get married (Aussie winter is prolly about the same as an Ireland summer :razz:) but I would still ask

I can''t wait to see what you pick :)

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I think ranunculus are available in March, and they do come in a darker pink.

vera bouquet.jpg

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Parrot - they are stunning flowers!!!!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, I''m sorry I went AWOL, I didn''t intend to buy my laptop broke!!!
39.gif
All is fixed now though and I am back
36.gif

Thank you all so much for your suggestions and inspiration photos. I sent them on to my florist and woohoo I have good news. So while cabbage or garden roses are going to be impossible to source, apparently her supplier can get... wait for it... peonies!!! So a peony bouquet for me, yippee!!!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
YAY Delster thats awesome :) I can''t wait to see your piccies :)

I *heart* peonies I am glad your florist could get them :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results