shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding the best diamond for my price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I''m not an expert on princess, but the photo looks pretty nice! Maybe someone else will comment!

I adore the setting!

Caleb R

Rough_Rock
Ya I really like the setting, do you think it will look good with a princess?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 9:01:31 PM
Author: Caleb R
Also is there a huge difference in quality between the previous diamond and this one?:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5775/
No way to really compare unless you have the IS of the JA stone? Best is to compare the ASET images but JA will not be able to provide that. With the data available, I am leaning towards GOG for better light performance and better L/R ratio. Square princess are not suppose to have an L/R ratio of greater than 1.05, the JA is at 1.09 which accounts for it's low pricing for an I VS1.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The hand-picked Signature stones from GOG are gorgeous and they will often times shoot a video for you. I don't care for the good symmetry on the JA stone and it's ratio of 1.09. It's not square enough for my liking. Hopefully some princess experts will chime in.

Regarding the setting it is very antique-looking and princess cuts are not. It's all a matter of personal taste but I prefer round cuts with antique and engraved settings. It's a lovely setting with beautiful detail so if it's want you like it'll make a lovely ring.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Caleb,

I prefer the GOG diamond hands down but I must say if the price is right on the JA diamond, it looks to be an attractive Princess and you could ask for an Idealscope image to investigate it further and more photos. It depends on whether you want the creme of the crop with GOG's diamond with all the info available, or a nice make of Princess cutwise from JA.

Caleb R

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, it seems like the extra money will be well spent on the GOG diamond.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
The JA princess is a little too rectangular for my liking though in your eventual pearlman''s setting it may look just fine.

Caleb R

Rough_Rock
Well I called pearlman''s and He found a .99 crt/ AGS ideal /I color/ Ideal polish and symmetry for about 3100, which would put the stone and the ring within my budget. He''s just seeing if they can get it done by the time I need it (about 20 days).

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 1:22:29 PM
Author: Caleb R
Well I called pearlman''s and He found a .99 crt/ AGS ideal /I color/ Ideal polish and symmetry for about 3100, which would put the stone and the ring within my budget. He''s just seeing if they can get it done by the time I need it (about 20 days).
That''s fantastic! Good luck :)

Caleb R

Rough_Rock
I wonder how long it''s gonna take.. I''m kind of anxious to find out.

Caleb R

Rough_Rock
Ok, I just paid over the phone. They can get the ring from Beverly K on the 8th of may, finish it, and ship it by the 13th. We''ll be driving up through Washington from California to get on the ferry to Alaska with her car. My uncle lives in southern Washington, and I also have a good friend up in Tacoma that I''m going to stop from dinner with on the 14th, so I think that might be perfect. I''m so glad they were able to make this work, apparently this was the last day I could order it to get it here before May 21st.

So yeah, I guess the plan is to wait for the right moment on the ship, there''s plenty of great scenery along the coast.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Have a great trip and good luck with the proposal. Make sure to come back with pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results