shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding local photographer with specific style

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve just seen two sets of amazing engagement photos from two of our PSers (RLG and v!v!). Those photographers'' styles are exactly what I''m looking for. I would love to be able to fly one of them to the Bay Area for my wedding, but I just don''t think that''s in the budget. I''d really love some help finding a local photographer with a similar style to those two. Would any of you have any suggestions?

Photographer 1
Photographer 2

Thanks very much!

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Without asking you your budget, I''d broaden your search to all over California. You may be able to find some good ones in LA, etc who would travel. If their price is right, paying for their travel, still might save you $$$$$

I don''t do weddings, but I travel a lot for my clients. I like it because I can turn it into a mini-vacation as well.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the suggestion, Vote4PedroToo. That''s a good point about saving money if their price is right. I was hoping to find one who wouldn''t require air travel at all, but if that doesn''t work, I''m certainly open to someone outside the Bay Area. Thanks! I just don''t know where to start searching, so I was hoping to get some recommendations first.

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
The wedding photojournalist association is an excellent place to start. Unlike most other photo associations, this one is VERY particular about who they let in. Hopefully that helps a little more.
Good luck!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
There are plenty of great photographers in the Bay Area. I don''t think you''ll need to find one elsewhere. Its just a matter of doing some internet surfing to see who''s out there.

I found my photographer on the northern CA area of theknot.com. It was a good jumping off point. I chose one by going to all the photog''s websites and then I met with two that I really loved.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Seconding the WPJA. Also I used the Artistic Guild, http://www.agwpja.com/, this is where I found our photographer!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think my photog has similar style to the second one especially...she's very reasonable too. Another PSer used her after me, both of our pictures are on her website. Not to mention the fact that she is FABULOUS to work with. She lives in San Jose.

We had so many beautiful pictures of our wedding that we had a 40 page album and still couldn't fit all the great ones in it.

http://www.elleyphotography.com/index2.php

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
My photographers, Alena and Alex, are in Burlingame. They''re a really awesome, friendly, down to earth couple. Their commercial website is http://www.photomomentum.com/ but I wish you could see the rest of their portfolios. They have hundreds of photos that are on their private websites that I love love love. Contact info, pricing (fantastic!), awards etc are at the bottom of their main page.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vote4PedroToo, goldenstar, v!v!, and SarahLovesJS, thanks so much for the resources! I will be checking out the photographers on those lists. Goldenstar, you''re right about there being a lot of good photographers in the Bay Area. I probably won''t have to look outside the area in the end.

neatfreak, your photos were beautiful, and I''m certainly going to consider Elley for our wedding. Thanks!

CrownJewel, thanks for the recommendation! The photos on your photographers'' website look really nice--I''ll look into them. You''re right that their pricing is terrific--those are some great packages!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
You''re welcome Kim.
16.gif
I wish you good luck in finding a photographer that you love. It looks like you have a lot of great options.

Alison P

Rough_Rock
I loved the second photographer''s blog! Beautiful!!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I second Neatfreak''s suggestion of Elley. DH and I had a "post" wedding photo shoot of us around the bay area, and I have never had more fun. She is an INCREDIBLE photographer with a great eye for artistic shots.

I havent shown anyone this (no one!) but I will share, since it was my favorite photo she did for us...

phazekiss.JPG

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Sorry that was so freakin huge!! I tried to shrink it I swear!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alison, I totally agree!

shigidigi, thanks for posting your photo! I love it! It''s very artistic, and I''m so glad you had such a good experience with Elley. Thanks for the recommendation!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shigidigi, that is GORGEOUS!!!! Yay, I love Elley she is such a fantastic person. Now you are at least the 3rd PSer to use her!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! She was the most fantastic to work with and I think she is really great and making feel comfortable and looking natural in photos! Yea for someone who can make me look decent in a photo! Kim, you will LOVE her. I would email her to see if your personalities click!

Neatfreak, I told her you were preggers and she was so excited for you!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
shigidigi that is a GORGEOUS photo of you two. Really beautiful. I hope you have it up in your house!

luckyfish

Rough_Rock
Ooo, we had a great photographer in the Bay Area whose style is very similar to those photographers:

www.blogjerry.com.

This is a sample of the pictures he did for our wedding:

Jerry Yoon Photos

If you browse through his engagement shoots, I think you''ll get a great sense of his style. He''s reasonably priced, too, as far as Bay Area photographers go.
9.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
shigidigi, I''ve e-mailed her, and I agree that she sounds great to work with!

luckyfish, your photos are stunning! You were a gorgeous bride, and your wedding looked fabulous and so much fun. You''re right that his style seems very similar to the one I''m looking for--thanks so much for recommending him! I''m definitely going to contact him.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I think of all of the photographers you have been looking at the one Luckyfish suggested is the one I''m most drawn to. I have no photography background, what so ever, but I like how the images are crisp, and clean looking. Good luck.

Luckyfish- your wedding was beautiful! Any chance we can see some more photos?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2008 4:59:01 AM
Author: luckyfish
Ooo, we had a great photographer in the Bay Area whose style is very similar to those photographers:

www.blogjerry.com.

This is a sample of the pictures he did for our wedding:

Jerry Yoon Photos

If you browse through his engagement shoots, I think you''ll get a great sense of his style. He''s reasonably priced, too, as far as Bay Area photographers go.
9.gif

What a gorgeous wedding! Beautiful photos!!! I really like this photographer''s style!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I live in the bay area too but my photographer is traveling up here from San Luis Obispo. He''s coming up here for an engagement shoot and then the wedding. He''s not charging us for hotel, travel or any of that. Just one flat fee and that covers everything!

Anyways he''s usually crazy busy but I love his photography style. it''s pretty creative. He comes up to the bay area ALL the time too.

http://jeffnewsom.com/ - his wedding portfolio is very nice but be sure to check out his blog too, lots more to see there!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RLG, yes, I agree! I really like his images too.

violet02, thanks for the recommendation. You''re right--he is very creative! I''ll contact him to see what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results