shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a green bridesmaid dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Okay so my stepbrother is getting married and his finance bought this cotton hemp dress. http://www.simpledress.com/collection.php?id=3&page=orchid

No comment... on the the pics of her wearing the dress. Ahem.

Anyways, she wants a lime green bridesmaid dress. Her colors are lime green, orange and fuschia.

I think a cotton strapless dress would work best but her next caveat is that it be $100 and under. She may be able to stretch it a bit higher if the dress is THAT good, I'm hoping.

I found this pic online and I think this would be perfect but I have no idea what this dress is or if there's anything similar out there. The color looks perfect though.

And no David's Bridal, they don't seem to have that color and she said she's a DB snob and won't go in their store or purchase any of their items. Again, no comment. I tried Dessy, Aria and a few others, Nordstrom, ebay etc etc I'm stuck! My googling skills are dying! I found something on Target for 49 bucks but I'm wondering is this actually cute or am I just reaching? Sans belt of course.
http://www.target.com/Merona-Collection-Strapless-Party-Dress/dp/B001L54QNK/183-0397771-5070650?ie=UTF8&node=1264101011&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=1264101011&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=3

Help? I'm posting the pic I found in case any of you have any ideas! Thanks!

ETA: If not cotton then non-shiny works.

gbmaiddress.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo!!!! I like the dress that EBree posted!!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the one Ebree posted because of the length more then anything and it is cute :D - I am 5''10 and if someone asked me to wear that dress I would look like a hooker because it would look like a long shirt on me however if they were a bit long I like them :).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO at Deelight!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile that same dress would go down to mid-calf on me because I''m so short!

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
dress

Its only $39.50. But its not really bridemaidie.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 4:47:29 AM
Author: FrekeChild
LMAO at Deelight!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile that same dress would go down to mid-calf on me because I''m so short!

HEHEHE it is for these reasons I sometimes wish I was short...it would make shopping a hell of a lot easier.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 5:29:16 AM
Author: PrincessMiaPuff
dress

Its only $39.50. But its not really bridemaidie.
It''s cute! Not sure what her ''direction'' is per se. I suggested a print once though.

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
I actually really think the dress from target is really cute and for a budget friendly wedding you can''t really go too wrong.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/womens/w_bridesmaids/PRDOVR~62983/99101669877/62983.jsp

in tea rose.. I know it is slightly over budget... but it is a beautiful color! Is she paying for the dress? is that why the strict budget is in place? i took a look at the target dress, and maybe I am envisioning the wrong shae of green. I just thought it looked a tad short for a bridesmaids dress. I liked the one ebree posted also.... better than the target one. best wishes!

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=362605&CategoryID=35254

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=349867&CategoryID=35254

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I actually like the Target dress the best. Very cute, and considering how plain the bride''s is, you don''t want to upstage her.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say how funny I think it is that I thought the dress was just very plain... then I clicked on the color, then you can see the stuff on the chest...
3.gif

I think for the parameters, most of the posted dresses so far are cute. I even like the Roxy print.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 12:43:44 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Just wanted to say how funny I think it is that I thought the dress was just very plain... then I clicked on the color, then you can see the stuff on the chest...
3.gif

I think for the parameters, most of the posted dresses so far are cute. I even like the Roxy print.
So yeah the dress is really plain. And I''m not sure what that is going on, on the chest. Seriously.

She said she wants that one in the picture I posted above. But so far I have found nothing like it other than the target dress. I''ve looked and looked. I like the ones you ladies posted but she didn''t respond to those when I sent them. Sigh. Looks like strapless is what she wants as well.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 11:25:53 AM
Author: tlh
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/womens/w_bridesmaids/PRDOVR~62983/99101669877/62983.jsp

in tea rose.. I know it is slightly over budget... but it is a beautiful color! Is she paying for the dress? is that why the strict budget is in place? i took a look at the target dress, and maybe I am envisioning the wrong shae of green. I just thought it looked a tad short for a bridesmaids dress. I liked the one ebree posted also.... better than the target one. best wishes!

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=362605&CategoryID=35254

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=349867&CategoryID=35254
I don''t think she''s paying for the dress so I''m not sure what the deal is there exactly other than she doesn''t want her bridesmaid to pay a lot of money.

Winks_Elf: She''s super concerened about being upstaged is trying to find out how to ask everyone to dress down. My DH is still wearing his suit pants and a tie at least! The thing is her wedding is at 6:30pm, not really t-shirt and shorts time so to speak.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 1:28:19 PM
Author: ice-queen
This dress is cute and somewhat similar, but is $168 (from Nordstrom- by Donna Ricco)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3028836?refsid=117109_4&refcat=0%7e2376776%7e2374325%7e2381560&SourceID=1&SlotID=2&origin=related
That was the first dress I showed her and she hated the style.

Ahh the pain of this process.

She really wants the one in that photo I posted, has anyone seen it? I am so glad my BM''s were more flexible on price it made it a lot easier.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I assume she is doing bridal accessories, right? I actually like her dress, but I know that it would be easy to upstage. It seems odd she picked it, given it is something she is worried about.

Anyways, here are a few more to try (not exactly what she is looking for:

Can''t get much more dressed down than jersey

Windsor had a couple--but I think they are a juniors shop, which I personally try to avoid

If they don''t have to be strapless

A little off from the color she wants, perhaps

Any chance she would pull in other colors? I think a plain green dress might be more susceptible to looking cheap, but a print seems a little more dressed down (at least than some options others have posted). If so, I like

this one from Anthropologie

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 3:11:23 PM
Author: katamari
I assume she is doing bridal accessories, right? I actually like her dress, but I know that it would be easy to upstage. It seems odd she picked it, given it is something she is worried about.

Anyways, here are a few more to try (not exactly what she is looking for:

Can''t get much more dressed down than jersey

Windsor had a couple--but I think they are a juniors shop, which I personally try to avoid

If they don''t have to be strapless

A little off from the color she wants, perhaps

Any chance she would pull in other colors? I think a plain green dress might be more susceptible to looking cheap, but a print seems a little more dressed down (at least than some options others have posted). If so, I like

this one from Anthropologie
I found that velvet cassy dress originally but didnt'' send it. At this point I should because I don''t see anything else working. Although it''s not quite the color she wanted.

The juniors dress might work but it''s shiny... the style is right though.

I like the jersey dresses and I love that printed one you posted from Anthropolgie. I don''t see her liking any of those though but I will send her the links regardless, thanks!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I actually think I''m loving that Velvet Cassy dress. I''m trying to herd her in that direction. It has pockets too which works!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i would look at therosedress.com because all their stuff is cheap, and they have a LOT. some are really truly atrocious and hilarious, but some are also really doable. for example, this oneis strapless and lime and cheap, oh my (sorry, couldn''t resist!). good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results