shape
carat
color
clarity

Help filling out my proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dunlap15

Rough_Rock
I am planning to propose to my girlfriend in the next few months, and I wanted some help building my full proposal. I do already have a start to it. Here is what I have so far.....

My girlfriend and I have a favorite T.V. show (I won''t say which one, just incase she is reading). Ive managed to make a contact with someone at that show, and asked them for some help with the idea. One of the actors has sent me a autographed photo of her and some cast members, and it has a message addressed to me girlfriend that says:

"Hey [my gf''s name here]! [my name here] is soooo much cuter than [another actor on the show], and he has a question for you!"

I think my girlfriend will be pretty suprised and excited by the picture, which I''m going to have framed for the proposal. So I want to give the photo to her as a way to lead in to the question, but I want to do a little more to fill it out, or make more of a show of presenting it. I dont want to just hand it to her and then ask the question because that seems likt not enough.

Any ideas to make it a little more exciting or surprising? I''m really exctied about the pic......but I think it just needs a little more to it.

Thanks!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I actually think that your idea is cute and simple, not over the top, and plenty for a proposal! I think the idea with the photo idea is unique and its special for the two of you because you watch it together. A proposal doesn''t have to be elaborate to be memorable and touching.

The best I can suggest to you is to maybe get a really special photo frame... like something silver and engraved. Maybe you could get a frame engraved with your names and the date of the proposal and put the photo in and wrap up the box. You could put a piece of paper over the photo part so she can''t see what it is. She will probably ask why its engraved with your names and the date and at that moment you can ask her to remove the paper and look at the photo and as she has her eyes on the photo you could take that moment to take out the ring and get down on your knee. When she looks back up you can pop the question! Then tell her that the date was to commemorate your engagement (which I can imagine she would have figured out by then).

Ok... thats all I''ve got for you right now. Hope this helps a little.

Dunlap15

Rough_Rock
Thanks Clairitek!! I like the idea of a special photo frame a lot....that's a great idea. I dont feel like I need to add a whole lot to the proposal, but I just needed some help on how to present it to her. Its kind of hard to just randomly give her a framed photo out of nowhere, because I'm afraid she'll know it's coming if i give her a wrapped box.
1.gif
I appreciate your help and thank you!

PostIt

Rough_Rock
Maybe you could just have someone mail it to her in a plain envelope and then be there when she opens it, or have her just kind of ''find'' it in a stack of mail.

Either way, it''s a really good idea!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Hello
35.gif

First off congrats on you upcoming engagement!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Why don''t you propose to her while your watching the show? What about making some sort of comment while watching it about how your "sooo much cuter than [male actor on show]". If your GF is like me I would probably respond with something like "ooohhh really honey?? Of course you are!!"...(in a loving but slightly sarcastic way
2.gif
)....You could go on to say something like "no really I am and I can even prove it!"...at which point you can take out the picture frame and give it to her....and then say "See even [female actress] says so"

It''ll probably take her a second to read the message at which point you could get out the ring...and once she looks at you (most likely semi confused) you can ask her then....

I just figured it''s already natural for you two to be watching the TV show...so it seems like a natural transition to the proposal....watch show...bring out autograph pic of actor on show...propose
9.gif

However...I''m sure she will love whatever it is that you decide to do...And we would LOVE to see pics of the ring
30.gif

Dunlap15

Rough_Rock
ams, that''s a really awesome idea! I dont know why it hadn''t occurred to me to do it during the show, but that''d be a great tie in. Thank you so much!

oh, and as for the ring, we''re still doing some shopping together to find that. Once we get the ring picked out, I can really get down to the other details.
1.gif
Once I have it, I''ll be sure to show everyone here.

thanks again to ya''ll for the suggestions. Such great ideas!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
This is a super cute idea and I am so curious to find out what show it is!! Good luck and make sure you come back and tell us all about it after you propose!!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
i cannot wait to find out what show this is!!! :)

i love the idea - super sweet, thoughtful and years later when the show is syndicated, you can watch that episode again and again!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results