shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Does anyone have this Large Gucci Horsebit Hobo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Hello everybody!
I just bought this purse from this online consignment shop and received it from ups this morning. I like the bag a lot, but am afraid it is a little too big for me. (I''m 5''3) Anyone have this bag or have any input? Should I keep it? I was thinking I would be able to use this bag forever, plus I would have never paid full price for it. Thanks for reading.

http://www.yoogiscloset.com/gucci-black-python-large-horsebit-hobo-bag.aspx

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I don't have the large Gucci--but med. I found the large bag just too much for me (I am 5'6") b/c it is rather structured. That said, my DH bought me the Prada hobo at Christmas--and it is much larger than my Gucci--but is much softer so it slouches more. I think the greater the form the larger they look--if your Gucci if more structured than the large is quite "large" to me. KWIM?

Your bag is beautiful nonetheless.

cheers--Sharon

anyname

Shiny_Rock
i have a very similar bag, the only difference is mine isn''t snake skin (i think that''s what yours is, either way its gorgeous). Anyway, I''m 5''7 and the bag is fine for me, i honestly don''t think that 4 inches is going to make that much of a difference. I like the bag a lot because it''s nice and roomy, the only thing is that there isn''t a little pocket for my cell phone. Is there a return policy in case you change your mind? I say try it out around the house, but i think you should keep it; only because it''s such a good looking purse.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Canuk-gal: Thanks for your input. I think you described exactly what my problem with the purse is. It may be too structured for the size. Which Prada hobo did you get if you don't mind me asking? Again, thanks for the input. I was thinking that everyone was going to ignore me.
2.gif
2.gif

Popcorn: The bag really is beautiful and I just wish it was a little bit less stiff. The return policy is really good. I will have to take a look at it again. I'm glad you are liking your purse. Which material is yours if you don't mind me asking?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I do not own the bag.

But I think it looks like a fine bag. It is obviously a jumbo size but I feel the material will lend to the size nicely.

What do you think of the size on your frame?

ETA: Don't forget to get it authenticated.
34.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:06:53 AM
Author: Steel

But I think it looks like a fine bag. It is obviously a jumbo size but I feel the material will lend to the size nicely.

ETA: Don''t forget to get it authenticated.
34.gif
So, today is a new day! This morning, I like the bag. I''m thinking it has to do with my clothing. Today I am wearing jeans, turtleneck, and long cardigan. Yesterday was quite a bit warmer in CA and I was wearing a dress that hits mid-thigh.
I''m give it a couple more days. I was going to bring it to the Gucci store in SF. It has all its papers and authenticity codes. Is that what you meant by getting it authenticated? Thanks for your intput!
1.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 11:52:56 AM
Author: tigian

Date: 4/14/2009 9:06:53 AM
Author: Steel

ETA: Don''t forget to get it authenticated.
34.gif
So, today is a new day! This morning, I like the bag. I''m thinking it has to do with my clothing. Today I am wearing jeans, turtleneck, and long cardigan. Yesterday was quite a bit warmer in CA and I was wearing a dress that hits mid-thigh.
I''m give it a couple more days. I was going to bring it to the Gucci store in SF. It has all its papers and authenticity codes. Is that what you meant by getting it authenticated? Thanks for your intput!
1.gif
I am pleased for you.

I mean for a Gucci staff member to approve that it is a genuine item. I prefer to get the go ahead from the store rather than rely on receipts; but I am very cynical. So yes, do drop by Gucci with it to be sure you have the real deal.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 1:39:00 AM
Canuk-gal: Thanks for your input. I think you described exactly what my problem with the purse is. It may be too structured for the size. Which Prada hobo did you get if you don''t mind me asking? Again, thanks for the input. I was thinking that everyone was going to ignore me.
2.gif
2.gif

Popcorn: The bag really is beautiful and I just wish it was a little bit less stiff. The return policy is really good. I will have to take a look at it again. I''m glad you are liking your purse. Which material is yours if you don''t mind me asking?
HI:

I think this is it...

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod62090099&parentId=cat3470732&masterId=cat14860749&index=6&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000226cat5890735cat000011cat14860749cat3470732

Good luck on the decision with your bag.

cheers--Sharon

anyname

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 1:39:00 AM
Canuk-gal: Thanks for your input. I think you described exactly what my problem with the purse is. It may be too structured for the size. Which Prada hobo did you get if you don''t mind me asking? Again, thanks for the input. I was thinking that everyone was going to ignore me.
2.gif
2.gif

Popcorn: The bag really is beautiful and I just wish it was a little bit less stiff. The return policy is really good. I will have to take a look at it again. I''m glad you are liking your purse. Which material is yours if you don''t mind me asking?

Mine is leather, soft and slouchy. I don''t know how old it is because it''s a hand me down from my aunt.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi tigian,

I have this bag (except in the monogram canvas). I love it!!! I wouldn't take it out for a night on the town (its a bit too big) but its a great bag for during the daytime!

If you're a fan of larger bags and you are used to carrying one, it will work. Otherwise, you may find it to be a little big for you....Try it out and see how you feel about
it!!!

Good luck with your decision!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results