shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Did I pick a good E-Ring diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in love with my new E-Ring, but would like some feedback on my center stone. It is my only diamond and hoped I did good. (My fiance let me pick it out) I always look at other girls engagement rings, and mine seems to be clearer, sparklier and has more fire than 80% of the stones I see out there. I decided on looks over size, but did I go too small? What do the diamond experts out there think is a good size stone? I''m tall and thin, so my hands are average size.

My stone:
1.23 - G color - SI1
Depth - 60.08
Table - 54%
Girdle - thin
Culet - none
Polish - Very Good
Symmetry - Excellent
Fluorescence - med. blue

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
To fully evaluate the stone, I would need crown/pavillion angles, IS images, and a picture. However, so far the stone looks good. If you have seen it and love it, that''s what counts the most. Did you go too small? Only you can answer this question. 1.23 carats is still much higher than average and I think it''s a great size that looks substantial on most hands. I also like the G/SI combo, icey white with a value.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
KCoursolle, thank you sooo much for your reply. I don''t have the other specs. you mentioned, I checked my GIA Cert and didn''t see them. My diamond has the beautiful hearts and arrows pattern. ( I have an Ideal Scope). I tried to put a picture in, but don''t know how. I couldn''t even do a custam avator with picture. I am new and trying to learn how to customize my posts, but haven''t figured it out just yet. Also thanks for your comment on a 1.23 looking substantial. It made me feel great. I too thought that this size looked healthy, but I think I am just suffering from "Shrinkage Syndrome". I adore my ring so much that I stare at it all day long!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers are important if buying online, but if this diamond is a done deal and you love it, I wouldn't worry too much about it, as this can lead to questioning judgement. It sounds like a lovely diamond and the size you mention is a great size, plenty big! We would love to see pics sometime if you can, enjoy your lovely diamond, your eyes obviously picked a good one! Also if it looks good through the IS as you mention, chances are it is well cut. If you like you can email your pics to admin and they will post them for you.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, thanks for your reply. Your reply and kcoursolle''s have made me feel very secure with my size choice. How do I email pics to administration? I have many photos of my ring and would love to show them. How will admin. know where to post them? (my stone is a done deal. I went to a local CA B&M. A relative of my fiance works there and this is where he wanted me to go)

I love your moving avatar. I have a Russian Blue, that I love. He''s my youngest son! Please tell me how to make a customized avatar. The picture I tried to use doesn''t seem to come up.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to have helped! Koursie and I have been around here a while and see all size diamonds, yours is a most respectable size indeed!!! If you look at the top right of the page, you will see a Msg Admin button, use that to contact them and then they will tell you how to send your pics to them. They will know the best place to post them in show me the ring etc.

Thanks for your compliments on the avatar! I love Russian Blue cats, some pics of him would be good too!! My avatar is one from an avatar site, to upload a custom one you need to hit the button on the page to upload a custom avatar, otherwise it won't work, have you tried that?

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, I have tried hitting the upload custom avatar button, then browsed my picture files. I keep getting an error message when I upload one of my own pictures. I think my jpg. files are not the right size. I am going to as my techie friend for help. thanks for the admin. contact info. I am going to try that.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 5:26:57 PM
Author: hearts-arrows_girl
Lorelei, I have tried hitting the upload custom avatar button, then browsed my picture files. I keep getting an error message when I upload one of my own pictures. I think my jpg. files are not the right size. I am going to as my techie friend for help. thanks for the admin. contact info. I am going to try that.

Also make sure any files you try to upload have a unique name. If it''s called "ring" or something like that and someone else has already posted a file with that name it won''t let you do it again.

It also needs to be relatively small (under 100kb) so if you have really big hi-res images, you might need to make them smaller first.

HTH.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all, I finally figured out the Avatar thing with everyone''s help. My avatar is my e-ring, that I love soooo much!

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
That ring is beautiful and looks bigger than a 1.23! Can''t wait to see hand pics!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Tweeana, Thanks for your interest. I will post some as soon as I get the picture thing figured out on here.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
You say it really is clearer and more sparkly than other rings you see. I say if you love it, great. As for size, that is a VERY nice size. Is that the ring in your avatar? If so, yowza.
30.gif

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to attempt to attach a photo. I hope it comes out!

junepspicture.jpg

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it worked, too bad I used my avatar one in the first one. I will do another couple of them, one at a time. (I love my ring! and my fiance for getting it for me. I have never had such a wonderful ring before!) I like this one because I can see the "Arrows" pattern in my stone.

junesrosepsphoto.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty photos...love the rose one. Dont worry about size! It sounds like you love your stone and ring so that is really all that matters. Enjoy and wear it in good health!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks surfgirl! Here''s the last photo. I don''t have any hand photos.

junespsrose2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results