shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing e-ring

whitezracer

Rough_Rock
I have got my ring choice down to 2 solitaire rings but I need help deciding which one of these e-rings I want to purchase for my girlfriend. I am going to have a 0.60-0.80 pear shaped diamond set in it. I would like to get some opinions on which one you think will look the best with this size pear diamond set in it.

Here is the first one
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagemen...-Prong,-Surprise-Diamond-Engagement-Ring.html
Here is the second one
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-setting-white-gold_4122

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I like the first one as it has the surprise diamonds and I like that feature. Keep in mind that the first setting says the minimun ct size for that setting is a .70 pear.

whitezracer

Rough_Rock
I am leaning more toward the one from james allen too. I think the surprise diamonds is what is making me like that one more. I also like the fact that it is 2mm wide where the other one from blue nile is 2.5mm wide because I think the diamond size to ring size ratio will look better with the 2mm and 3/4 carat diamond than it will with the 2.5mm and 3/4 carat diamond. I am afraid that the 2.5mm wide ring is going to be to wide for that size diamond. I also like the fact that I can view a pic of the actual diamond at james allen and I have requested a pic of the diamond at blue nile I was interested in and they could not provide me with one.

whitezracer

Rough_Rock
Here is a pic of the diamond I am wanting to get from james allen in there setting. What does everyone think of it, it seems to me that it will be eye clean even though the main inclusion is close to the center. It is a 0.73 Carat F color SI2 Ideal Cut Pear Diamond. Just trying to get some opinions since I have never bought any jewelry before. Thanks

http://www.jamesallen.com/DiamPics/76-060pic.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite is the JA setting. Will they do that one for a pear? I dont think bluenile will set a stone from another vendor
(and it would be difficult to find one there because they dont have pics).

The stone you are looking at looks very nice...nice shape, nice faceting pattern, no big bow-tie. You can request and aset
image from JA. Pear aset images never look all that great though but I'd probably ask for it anyway. Have you ask them
how eye-clean it is? The picture looks good but it may be another thing in person.

Edit - ask them how the pointed end of the setting will look. I'm pretty sure if they do that setting for a pear that it can
only have 1 surprise stone. I dont think the pointed end could have one but ask.

whitezracer

Rough_Rock
I know there is one inclusion in the lower left corner of this diamond but are the larger brown spots in the lower left corner inclusions or is that just something reflecting in the diamond?

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
To my amature eyes the main inclustions appear to be near the center and then part-way out towards the point of the diamond (mostly white less-noticable inclusions).

The brown well-defined geometric shapes are facet reflections of something brown in the environment.

pearinclusions01.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that stone is going to have a big bowtie. Also I'm not sure that setting can be adjusted for a pear, you might want to call them about both questions. They are very helpful on the phone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results