shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choose between these two diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miss toy

Rough_Rock
We''ve found two diamonds that we are interested but would like some advice. Which stone would you choose, and why? Does anything stand out as a reason to choose one over tthe other?

No sarin reports, idealscopes, or even pictures yet, just AGS reports.

Diamond 1:

Round Brilliant
AGS Excellent 1
AGS 2 (H)
AGS 4 (VS2)
Pol: ideal
Sym: excellent
1.808 Carats

Table % 55.3
Depth % 61.6
Crown angle 35.3
Pavilion Angle 40.5
Flourescence: negligible

HCA 0.6

Diamond 2:
Round Brilliant
AGS Ideal 0
AGS 2.5 (I)
AGS 4 (VS2)
pol: ideal
sym: ideal
2.023 Carats

Table % 58.6
Depth % 61.1
Crown angle 34.2
Pavilion Angle 40.7

HCA 1.2
Listed as hearts and arrows

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both sound nice, I would ask for an IS image and an image of the stone next. Welcome to Pricescope by the way.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 11:56:57 PM
Author:miss toy

We've found two diamonds that we are interested but would like some advice. Which stone would you choose, and why? Does anything stand out as a reason to choose one over tthe other?

No sarin reports, idealscopes, or even pictures yet, just AGS reports.

Diamond 1:

Round Brilliant
AGS Excellent 1
AGS 2 (H)
AGS 4 (VS2)
Pol: ideal
Sym: excellent
1.808 Carats

Table % 55.3
Depth % 61.6
Crown angle 35.3
Pavilion Angle 40.5

HCA 0.6

Diamond 2:
Round Brilliant
AGS Ideal 0
AGS 2.5 (I)
AGS 4 (VS2)
pol: ideal
sym: ideal
2.023 Carats

Table % 58.6
Depth % 61.1
Crown angle 34.2
Pavilion Angle 40.7

HCA 1.2
Listed as hearts and arrows

Welcome Miss Toy,

I prefer the second diamond, as it is advertised as a h&a, will you be able to get images for the hearts and arrows diamond please?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the second one. Ditto Lorelei on pics though.

miss toy

Rough_Rock
Everyone is so nice here. :) Been lurking for a long time, finally getting to the point where it''s time to buy.

No pictures yet, unfortunately. Is the only factor that makes #2 more attractive the hearts and arrows, or are the proportions better, as well?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 2:38:03 PM
Author: miss toy
Everyone is so nice here. :) Been lurking for a long time, finally getting to the point where it''s time to buy.

No pictures yet, unfortunately. Is the only factor that makes #2 more attractive the hearts and arrows, or are the proportions better, as well?
The crown and pavilion angles are in a nice spot (along with everything else). And those are what drive the light performance in a diamond. So they are important.
28.gif
I just don''t want to see you pay a premium for H&A (which they normally carry) without some evidence. That''s why we wondered if there were some pics.

And welcome to PS!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 4:20:13 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/7/2009 2:38:03 PM
Author: miss toy
Everyone is so nice here. :) Been lurking for a long time, finally getting to the point where it's time to buy.

The crown and pavilion angles are in a nice spot (along with everything else). And those are what drive the light performance in a diamond. So they are important.
28.gif
I just don't want to see you pay a premium for H&A (which they normally carry) without some evidence. That's why we wondered if there were some pics.

And welcome to PS!
Ditto Miss Ellen.

Thanks for your kind words, us old time PSers have been here for years and stick around because it is such a good place! wavey:]

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off to look.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results