shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Can''t Find My Dream Ring :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Desperate4Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Ok, So I have been reading PS for awhile now, so I think it''s time I finally posted and got help from you ladies!!!! I''m Desperate. I have done tons of looking on the internet, and me and my boyfriend have been ring shopping a couple of times. However, every time I find a ring, I find something wrong with it. ("I love it, but..."). What is wrong with me!!!!! I know that I love the dainty bands with pave setting and milgrain, with a cushion cut with the halo around it. I also know that I would like an eternity band in the front & back, so the setting needs to be high enough to fit both front and back flush with the E-Ring. Does anyone have pics or have a ring like that, which hopefully can lead me in the right direction????? I would appreciate all the help I can get :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks LIW.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do the bands need to be full straight bands or can they be notched to accommodate the head of your ering?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered designing the right ring for you?

Many people do this because, just like you, they feel everything is just not **perfect**. Designing your own ring is a bit more expensive, but certainly not detering since it''s pretty common, actually. And, often times, its a great bonding experience for you and your SO...making important decisions, coming together...it''s really romantic...in many ways, its your first "baby"
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It might not be more expensive in the long run if you get a ring that you adore. If you settle on one you might have numerous upgrades which will add up over time.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Where have you looked for your dream ring? If you''ve only looked a few times, perhaps you haven''t looked in the right places.

Have you ever seen a photo of the perfect version of your ring? Or have any that are close? Many people here are knowledgeable and will be able to point you in the direction of the right designers for the style you want. Your description helps but a photo would be even more helpful for us to help you.
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Just did a quick search for some rings that might fit the bill....? One or two have other stones instead of cushions but maybe the setting is sort of the right idea.

1562_1_image.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Another... Found these on Google images, so I apologize if any of them are PSers' rings and I don't give credit.

IMG_1086.298120930_std.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And another.

cushion-cut-halo-ring.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And another...not sure how blingtastic you imagine your setting but this one certainly would have major blingage.
2.gif

127r1878c.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And another...

Joe_Barry_cropped.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And last one (probably).

971_xlarge.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen Crooked Rock's ring? Wowzer. I'm a Round Brilliant girl, but if I got a cushion, I'd model EVERYTHING off her stunner. I'll attach a link to her SMTR thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/at-last-crookedrocks-ring.86381/

FYI Gwen, I think the pic you posted of the cushion with the yellow gold eternity band with alternating stone shapes (looks like the pic was taken on someone's jeans) is from Jewels by Erica Grace. Another FINE choice. HW replica if I'm not mistaken. Yummy.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:54:13 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Have you considered designing the right ring for you?

Many people do this because, just like you, they feel everything is just not **perfect**. Designing your own ring is a bit more expensive, but certainly not detering since it''s pretty common, actually. And, often times, its a great bonding experience for you and your SO...making important decisions, coming together...it''s really romantic...in many ways, its your first ''baby''
2.gif

this is what i would suggest also.

combine all those little things that you like into your own creation!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 4:51:37 PM
Author: Iowa Lizzy
Have you seen Crooked Rock''s ring? Wowzer. I''m a Round Brilliant girl, but if I got a cushion, I''d model EVERYTHING off her stunner. I''ll attach a link to her SMTR thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/at-last-crookedrocks-ring.86381/

FYI Gwen, I think the pic you posted of the cushion with the yellow gold eternity band with alternating stone shapes (looks like the pic was taken on someone''s jeans) is from Jewels by Erica Grace. Another FINE choice. HW replica if I''m not mistaken. Yummy.
My thoughts exactly Iowa Lizzy!!!! I read her description and immediately thought of CR''s ring. Love that thing.

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Well here's one that we're modeling my engagement ring after but I'm sure you'll have to have it custom made as well since you want to be able to make room for a flush band (or two).

CushionWithHalo.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
There are so many rings on this board like you are describing. These come to mind at the moment:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-its-here-cushion-halo-erd.60366/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/loving-my-harry-winston-cushion-pave-ering-part-ii.74219/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stone-seekers-3-ct-halod-cushion.94117/

To answer you question, if you want the bands to sit flush then the setting will have to be raised enough for the bands to fit under the setting.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
D4D~ I hear your pain! I too couldn't find anything that was like what I wanted. I saw lots of things I liked, but nothing that I loved. That's why we went custom. In doing that I did get my dream ring. It took some patience though, that's for sure.
Let us know if any of these are what you are thinking, or what comes close and hopefully we can help!

Thanks Iowa and Freke for thinking of my ring. It does sound a lil like what she's describing except w/o the miligrain. I think the one posted by Emeraldlover that came from ERD looks about right. The one vgirl posted is also very beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results