shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Bridal Alterations in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Urg......... the shop where I bought my gown, first ordered the wrong size in not enough time to re-order - a size smaller than what I needed. So I''ve been busting my butt to drop a few pounds. Then, they go out of business, so I''m out someone to do alterations.

I then find a bridal shop in the town I work in that will do alterations for dresses not purchased there - wonderful!! I called, was told the seamstress was on vacation and they would call me back the following week.... ok.... end of the following week, no phone call. I call leave a message, 3 days go by and I call again. I got "oh I thought they called you back."
When I finally get a hold of them and schedule an appointment for this afternoon, they call me just a 2 hours before my appointment and cancel. When I ask to reschedule they say they don''t have any information on when they can reschedule and will call me back. I, for some reason don''t believe they will.
20.gif
Wedding in 5 weeks....

so does anyone know of a good seamstress or someone that will do alterations in the central or upper southern NJ area???

Urg......... so frustrated right now... sorry for the mini vent along with the question.
32.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if they do alterations on outside dresses, but Jay West in Collingswood does awesome alterations. They are taking the entire applique off of my the bottom of my dress, hemming the dress, then hand sewing the applique back on along with the beading and sequins.

Linky

I hope you are able to find a seamstress. Keep us posted, and good luck!

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
what is central or upper southern NJ area...if you give me a county/town I might be able to help..I''ve lived in the central/southern jersey area my whole life... :)

Jay West is really good...I just moved to Haddon twp...its in Haddonfield, im not sure if they do outside alterations either. I''m from Ocean County so I have some knowledge of both areas...

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
THanks guys.... I''ll check those out. I''m just so frustrated!

I live in burlington county, on the borders of Mercer and Ocean counties.... so very close to central NJ, but places like Mt. Laurel and CHerry Hill aren''t too far.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
If you''re willing to drive to Philadelphia, I can refer you to my seamstress. She''s a total sweetheart, did a fabulous job with both a bridesmaid dress for my friend''s wedding and my wedding dress, and IMHO her prices are really reasonable. Her name is Kathy Rippert, and her shop is at the corner of Henry and Roxborough in northern Philadelphia (the Roxborough area). You can google her number, since I don''t think I can/should post it here.

I also have a friend who got married in Camden and lives in Magnolia, NJ. I''m not sure who did her alterations, but I can find out if you''re interested.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 8:57:29 PM
Author: jstarfireb
If you''re willing to drive to Philadelphia, I can refer you to my seamstress. She''s a total sweetheart, did a fabulous job with both a bridesmaid dress for my friend''s wedding and my wedding dress, and IMHO her prices are really reasonable. Her name is Kathy Rippert, and her shop is at the corner of Henry and Roxborough in northern Philadelphia (the Roxborough area). You can google her number, since I don''t think I can/should post it here.

I also have a friend who got married in Camden and lives in Magnolia, NJ. I''m not sure who did her alterations, but I can find out if you''re interested.

Thanks I will add Kathy to the list I''m checking out!

Thanks so much everyone!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I also live in the Philly area and I used Nilah in Drexel Hill (suburb of Philly). I found her through posting a thread in the Philadelphia Knottie board. I bet if you start a thread asking for recommendations in your area you will get additional suggestions from area brides.

Out of curiosity, what shop did you get your gown from? I did a lot of gown shopping in your area (DH''s parents live near Cherry Hill) and I''m curious if its a shop I visited.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 3:21:57 PM
Author: Clairitek
I also live in the Philly area and I used Nilah in Drexel Hill (suburb of Philly). I found her through posting a thread in the Philadelphia Knottie board. I bet if you start a thread asking for recommendations in your area you will get additional suggestions from area brides.

Out of curiosity, what shop did you get your gown from? I did a lot of gown shopping in your area (DH''s parents live near Cherry Hill) and I''m curious if its a shop I visited.

I actually purchased my dress from Victorian Bridals over in Deptford (3 months after I bought my gown they moved to the middle of no where even further away). It was an insane 45 min drive from me, but was the closest one that had Alfred Angelo.... I didn''t like the feel of the place to begin with, and they only had their gowns in two sizes, in some cases one size. In retrospect, and with all the problems we''ve had (my sisters gown was ordered 3 sizes two big! Both my sisters could fit in her gown at the same time) and mine too small, I wish I went with gut instinct and went somewhere else.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results