shape
carat
color
clarity

Help, am I overanalysing my diamond?

bobahoe

Rough_Rock
I got it just over 2 weeks ago and I keep seeing things I should check when buying a diamond, so I keep checking and thinking something is wrong. The latest paranoia is that my table reflection is too big so it’s distracting!

This isn’t because I don’t love my ring or diamond, but it’s because I’m a perfectionist so I feel the need to make sure I made the right choice. I don’t really know how to explain why I’m like this!!

Stock photo of the diamond and dimensions, I bought based on those information. It’s a 1 ct, G, VS2.

Photos and videos I took when I first received it to check for strain lines/fuzziness and brown stone.

Videos and photos I took recently!

I hope I’m just overthinking, but if anyone sees anything wrong do let me know as I am within return period. Thank you!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
the videos look really pretty! but you have to love it too, :)

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not great at judging images, but it looks pretty to me. If you're not happy though, you should keep looking.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would love to help you pick another diamond.

Maybe start by noting what you like and don't like about your current stone. For example, does the table reflection bother you in real life or just the images? That can help narrow down what to look for if you decide to get a new diamond.

bobahoe

Rough_Rock
I'm not great at judging images, but it looks pretty to me. If you're not happy though, you should keep looking.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would love to help you pick another diamond.

Maybe start by noting what you like and don't like about your current stone. For example, does the table reflection bother you in real life or just the images? That can help narrow down what to look for if you decide to get a new diamond.

Thank you for the advice! The table reflection does distract me a little bit, in certain lighting it is very bright/white and draws a lot of attention to it. It seems to be under direct sunlight that it’s more noticeable!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the advice! The table reflection does distract me a little bit, in certain lighting it is very bright/white and draws a lot of attention to it. It seems to be under direct sunlight that it’s more noticeable!

Ok, so you will want to look for a diamond with a smaller table. Maybe check out some websites and compare the reflections of different table sizes to see how you feel about them.

The more you study what you like and don't like, the easier it will be to narrow down what you want. How do you feel about the color and clarity of the diamond you have, etc?

There are also vendors and diamond concierge services that can help you with the process if you choose to go that route. Jonathan of Distinctive Gem is very knowledgeable and reputable. You can learn a lot by watching his videos on YouTube.

Just know your perfect diamond is out there. I hope that helps.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think table size is a matter of taste but you have to love your stone every time you look at it. I'd do something about it if you just can't see anything but the table when you look at your ring.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I got it just over 2 weeks ago and I keep seeing things I should check when buying a diamond, so I keep checking and thinking something is wrong. The latest paranoia is that my table reflection is too big so it’s distracting!

This isn’t because I don’t love my ring or diamond, but it’s because I’m a perfectionist so I feel the need to make sure I made the right choice. I don’t really know how to explain why I’m like this!!

Stock photo of the diamond and dimensions, I bought based on those information. It’s a 1 ct, G, VS2.

Photos and videos I took when I first received it to check for strain lines/fuzziness and brown stone.

Videos and photos I took recently!

I hope I’m just overthinking, but if anyone sees anything wrong do let me know as I am within return period. Thank you!

I love your diamond, table reflection and all. It seems very bright and looks like it performs very well.

You have to be the person to love it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take it off for two days, put it out of sight and dont look at it

Then put it back on your finger
and see how do you feel about it ?

bobahoe

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the advice!

I actually wouldn’t have noticed the table reflection until a vendor said they pass on stones with bigger reflections. Which got me checking my own and now my eyes gravitate towards it!

I will try and stay away from researching too much into diamonds for now, and just appreciate what I can see in front of me :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's very pretty, but you need to love it. If you love what you see, that's all that matters. But if you dont, I would return it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results