shape
carat
color
clarity

Help a new guy out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rook85

Rough_Rock
Well decided its time to really get the search for an e-ring underway.
Hit up the local mall perused the overpriced wares on display. Laughed when every salesman adds 6 adjectives to the diamond they are describing (It could be a poor cut,L color, I3, and apparently it would cure cancer and solve world hunger).

Looking on size and budget constraints I''m looking for a decent 0.68-0.78 Round stone. (Any suggestions on on cut color clarity etc parameters? was thinking Ideal cut, G-H, VS1-SI1 range or am I way off?

Setting wise the GF wants platinum with six prongs (She seems convinced that the platinum won''t lose the shine like ht 14 or 18k white gold and that 6 prongs is the most secure) I''m thinking classic Tiffany setting (What size band 2-3mm range would fit this stone well on a Sz 6 ring.)

Any help or input would be much appreciated

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The color and clarity you have selected combined with a proper cut will give you a gorgeous and unquestionably white and sparkly diamond.

Good Luck with Your Search!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 12:30:55 AM
Author:Rook85
(She seems convinced that the platinum won''t lose the shine like ht 14 or 18k white gold
Hi, OP! There are many threads that you might find in the search engine comparing metals, platinum, white gold, gold, and platinum. You might want to search them out and read them. You might want to share them with her. Long story short, platinum absolutely will lose shine. In fact, it''s famous for developing a patina, which makes it dull, until it is polished again, which has to be professional done. I hope this helps!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Good fine. This ACA certainly looks like it would be eye clean to me.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful ACA I linked above:
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

72gs1nice.jpg

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 4:59:24 AM
Author: Imdanny
Good fine. This ACA certainly looks like it would be eye clean to me.
Yes I think the ACA will be eye clean.
I only said that for the bluenile diamond.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 5:00:35 AM
Author: QueenMum
Very beautiful ACA I linked above:
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Very nice!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a gorgeous ACA QueenMum!
18.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
"Eye clean or not" is a very common discussion here on pricescope.
I personally never will buy I1 quality.

Rook85

Rough_Rock
Shameless bump as the search continues. Any advice from those much wiser than I on these matters.
Nice ring at helzburgs in their signature yadda yadda collection was a .7 H VS2 Triple excellent GIA in a basic white gold solitare that run $4600.

I''ve perused the jamesalen site an apparently can get a stone of at least equal quality in a platinum setting for less than 3000 does this sound reasonable?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think that sounds reasonable - I''m not surprised James Allen would be so much more reasonable than Helzberg, and I''m betting it would probably be better quality too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 9:36:08 PM
Author: Rook85
Shameless bump as the search continues. Any advice from those much wiser than I on these matters.
Nice ring at helzburgs in their signature yadda yadda collection was a .7 H VS2 Triple excellent GIA in a basic white gold solitare that run $4600.

I''ve perused the jamesalen site an apparently can get a stone of at least equal quality in a platinum setting for less than 3000 does this sound reasonable?
I think so, do you have any diamonds from JA you are interested in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results