shape
carat
color
clarity

Help a first timer rate this round lab diamond

whyjellyfish

Rough_Rock
Hi guys!

I'm talking to a jeweler online and I came across this 1.4 ct lab diamond.

https://numined.com/diamond/1.41-carat-d-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-lg451076007/

Carat 1.41CT
HCA score: 1.1
Cut Ideal
Color D
Clarity VS1

PolishEXCELLENT
SymmetryEXCELLENT
Measurements7.21 - 7.25 x 4.42 mm
Table Size58%
Crown Height15% - 35.3°
Pavilion Depth42.5% - 40.6°
Girdle ThicknessMEDIUM (FACETED)
CuletPOINTED
Total Depth61.1%
FluorescenceNONE

Is this a good diamond for its price? I asked for an ASET image but it seems like that's not really a thing for lab diamonds. I also understand that it's certified by IGI which means that the diamond might not be as good as it's graded on paper.

Thank you all!!

Not loving this one. The cut doesn't look great. What is your desired budget, size, color, etc?

Thanks for your reply! When you say that the cut doesn't look great, is that from the video or from the numbers I provided? I'd love to know what I missed!

I'm looking for a round diamond around 3.5-4.5k, 1.3-1.4ct, color d (being a bit of a perfectionist here, but E is fine too), VS2+ clarity. Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate on anything else.

Thanks for your reply! When you say that the cut doesn't look great, is that from the video or from the numbers I provided? I'd love to know what I missed!

I'm looking for a round diamond around 3.5-4.5k, 1.3-1.4ct, color d (being a bit of a perfectionist here, but E is fine too), VS2+ clarity. Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate on anything else.

From the video. It's just not my favorite overall. I'll take a look.

You'll need to request the cert from james allen, but going by looks I like this one

And heres a solid choice in a D color

Another nice D color

Could just be the lighting environment, or me, but I see some warmth? If you told me it was an GHI stone, I'd believe it. They don't have the iciness of the D's in @lovedogs ' links. Nor the brilliance :kiss2:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP