shape
carat
color
clarity

Help a fella outl

Jimportant

Rough_Rock
Please help me I have these 18" in length(not sure about mm) the clasp has a blossom in center with a heart on each end but is not stamped..was told they are cheap Pearl's then someone else swears there the real deal and in good shape and that I best check this site for information. I'm pretty good when it comes to asian jars,vases and the like but Pearl's are Foreign to me.(couldn't help myself with last part) thanks for any help 20210524_061356.jpg 20210524_062124.jpg 20210524_061930.jpg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
These pearls appear to have a good grainy texture to their skins when I zoomed in very close to them in your first picture. I am a novice pearl owner so it is only my opinion that these pearls are real.=)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rub a pearl gently over the front of your tooth
do they feel gritty ? ( hopefully)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The clasp usually has the gold or maker’s mark on the flat part that inserts into the oval clasp. Loupe it or use a magnifying glass. The pearls could be fresh water pearls with a non precious metal clasp.

Jimportant

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all of you for your advice..But I believe I have a bigger issue on my hands.I spent this past week learning every thing I can about Pearls and being as I am silly bugger purchased variety of different pearl items from thrift and jewellery stores(More Thrift..Lol) so I may distinguish between real and fake and I CANT stop so my apologies ahead of time for posting future finds..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results