shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello my name is,,,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

When I finally added my name to the LIW list last week, it said to write a little introduction- so here I am!

I am 24 and living in Maine with my wonderful boyfriend of almost 4 years. We are both theatre geeks with our degrees in theatre, and met during a show. It''s a relationship that sort of fell into my lap, and we''ve been inseperable ever since our first (accidental) date.

I have never been a romantic person, and was always scared of commitment before I met my SO. He was amazingly patient with me and my dorky neuroses. For the first month I wouldn''t let him call me his girlfriend because it freaked me out. Then after we were "officially dating" I forbid him from saying I love you, because I was worried I''d run out the door. After a few months, it became too hard NOT to say I love you. I now can''t imagine not saying it to him every time I see him, and every time we part ways. After a year we moved in together, and every place we have lived has felt like home because he is there with me. He is my partner in every way and I love him so much.

I never thought I''d be the type to "settle down" or get married. I never fantasized about getting married- if anything I had nightmares about it- literally! But about 6 months ago I began to realize that this is it, the real thing. I can''t imagine not having him in my life and I want to make that commitment forever in front of our (hopefully very small group of) friends and family.

We bought the ring a couple of weeks ago- a cushion cut purple sapphire in a WG halo setting. It should be done being set today by the jeweler, but I don''t get to see it until the bf decides to pop the question.

So I am happily waiting for a wonderful, if expected, surprise.

That''s my story- hello LIW!

30.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Kristen! Feel free to pop into the small talk thread anytime for some silly and fun conversation!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Kristen - Adorable story! Welcome to LIW!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, Kristen
35.gif
Your ring sounds gorgeous! I hope your stay on the list is short and sweet.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forum, Kristen!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!!!

Your ring sounds lovely, and everyone here, and in SMTR and Colored Stones will be drooling all over it when he proposes, I''m sure!

Here''s hoping your stay is short and sweet!!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kristen
35.gif

What part of Maine are you from? I am from the Biddeford/Kennebunk area.

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Luckystar- we live in Portland.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Kristen,

Glad to have you here !

feel free to add your name to the LIW list.

Sounds like your proposal might be soon! eeks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results