shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello Ladies!

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I'm Somedaysunday, and I'm pleased to come out of lurkerdom and join such a lovely and supportive group of ladies.

A little about myself - I'm 28 years old and currently sticking it out through my last year of law school (ugh!). Ready to get back out in the real world and live it up a little - hopefully with my man by my side!

About us - we haven't been together very long at all - just 8 months now, but having been in a very long previous relationship - I can't believe how different this one is. I really think this is the guy for me!

The good news: He has said NUMEROUS times that when you're in your late 20's (which we both are), then you should know after about a year whether or not you want to be with that person for the long haul. I couldn't agree more! (Particularly since it took me about half that time to figure out that he's the one for me!)
On the other hand: we really have not discussed marriage except in very general terms - EXCEPT the other day, when we somehow wafted into bridesmaid/groomsmen talk - he seemed to be talking about it like we were going to be at the same wedding, if you know what I mean.

So that's some about me. I'm looking forward to contributing to the discussion and making my way up the list!

SS

:wavey: :wavey:

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Yay! FI was ready to propose ten months after we started going out (which was one year after we met). I was worried that we hadn't been going out for long enough (probably an arbitrary length anyhow), but I think when you know, you just know.

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
Well, that's nice to hear! Yes, I've been worried that maybe I'm jumping the gun a little?

How did you know he was thinking about it?

I think we haven't really discussed it specifically because of the fact that it's only been 8 months. I am someone who would be really uncomfortable pressuring my BF in *any* way, so I would absolutely hate to bring it up if he's not on the same page as me!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
somedaysunday said:
How did you know he was thinking about it?

His friends made a bet that we'd be married within a year. Somehow it came up and he said that he wouldn't want to let them down. Admittedly, I panicked a bit because I didn't anticipate being engaged so soon (I just felt very young and unready, but never had doubts about wanting to marry him). I asked to wait for a few months and then after two months, I became impatient and kept bugging him about when he would propose!

I think if you're crazy about each other, marriage talk will naturally come up. I don't think you should feel like you're pressuring him at all because it sounds like he's just as excited about it! It's probably a bit awkward at first to bring up because you're trying to feel the waters and see how the other person will react, but if you both feel the same, then it's a great opportunity to talk about what your expectations are for the future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results