shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello, Im New!

MischiefManaged

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone :wavey:

I'm new here in the way that I finally made an account but not new in the way that I have lurked for yearsssss. I can't even remember how I came across this site, but it has definitely taught me a lot about diamonds, probably too much for my boyfriend because it has made me picky :tongue:

My boyfriend and I have been dating 5 years this May, and we are finally getting to the point where we are hopefully engaged in the next year. He has finally started looking into the process of designing an engagement ring. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone on the board! :tongue:

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! :wavey:

I couldn't help but notice your Screen Name....HP fan by chance? :bigsmile: shhhh....me too

MischiefManaged

Rough_Rock
Thanks!
:lol: yes, I grew up with HP so it has to be one of my favorites.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, well you're in good company :cheeky:
I didn't start reading the books until college :-o But I love all the books and movies, total nerd! :bigsmile:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet :wavey:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!! I will do an update late this weekend to add you to the list. I heart HP as well so I am a big fan of your screen name! And very appropriate for the diamond lovers here ;))

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Welcome!!

Much dust to ya'!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Welcome to LIW! I totally understand what you mean about PS - it's made me very detail-oriented when it comes to jewelry.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome aboard, MischiefManaged! :wavey:

Have you developed any ring style and stone preferences yet?

MischiefManaged

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone :D

That HP proposal is awesome. I've seen a few of them on the Internet, plus some cool HP themed weddings. I'm happy I'm not the only Harry Potter nerd here! :tongue:

I have developed many preferences, to the point where it's hard to decide what I want. I know I want an antique stone. I'm looking into a diamond from Erica Grace. I posted one that I liked on Rockytalk. My ring size is 3.5 and I have hands smaller than some kids, so I know I don't want a chunky ring, I tend to like delicate settings anyway. I have bookmarked tons of rings on here so my boyfriend has an idea of what I want :tongue:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I love that cushion you posted from JbEG!!! I think of all the vendors, I have *never* (knock on wood) heard anything bad from them on here. And it'll look HUGE on your tiny fingers!!

I haven't seen that HP proposal before, it's cute! My favorite is the one where the guy carved out a nook for the ring hanging from a ribbon with "The Unforgettable Vow" chapter as the background. Of course, I hope that wasn't her only copy of the book.... :bigsmile:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome out of lurking!! Don't worry too much about being picky! My BF is actually grateful that I'm so particular, when we went looking for my perfect diamond he said that it felt like a quest for the Holy Grail :lol: We found it though!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
How is the stone-hunt going? Did you get any further with that JbEG antique cushion? I love your username, I am another LIW Potter-geek! :lickout:

Welcome!

MischiefManaged

Rough_Rock

SMC

Ideal_Rock
MischiefManaged|1366075925|3427670 said:
Sorry I have forgot to check back!

We actually purchased this stone: http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Loose-Diamonds/118ct-Old-European-Cut-Diamond/21556399_p9tkn5#!i=1718838038&k=cdvJqVL

And he's designing the setting at a local jeweler, which I got him to cave and show me the CADs, I could not NOT know what it looked like. It probably won't be until late this year/early next year until he proposes but it's been five years I think I can wait a little longer!

Oooh, what a lovely stone! I like the large culet. What does the setting look like?

MischiefManaged

Rough_Rock
Here's the CAD :) (the diamond will obviously be more round than the cushion in the picture)

rsz_engagement_ring_1.jpg

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Wow!
That's going to be amazing!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love all the details, especially the double claw prongs!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh! How exciting! The CAD is lovely, I can't wait to see real life photos. :D I assume you won't be 'allowed' to see it until proposal time?

MischiefManaged

Rough_Rock
I can't wait to see real life pictures too....on my finger :tongue: yes, sadly I have to wait until the day he proposes.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
MischiefManaged said:
I can't wait to see real life pictures too....on my finger :tongue: yes, sadly I have to wait until the day he proposes.

I'm in the same boat! I think I'm going to be a very distracted driver in the near future. :lol:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Your screen name rocks my world and I wish I had throught of something similar when I first joined PS. That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to PS

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results