shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello! I'm new here!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I've been active in RT and SMTB for awhile, and I've decided to join this group as well. I almost quit PS on Saturday after I got into an argument with another PS member on another thread (which has since been removed from public view), but I couldn't stay away for long!

My story: I've been dating my bf for about 4.5 years and we started (ok, I started pressuring him) to talk about getting engaged at our 4 year anniversary mark. We're both in our 30s so I feel like I'm on the older end compared to the rest of you LIWs. He secretly ordered a 3 stone engagement ring from Brian Gavin which we ended up returning because the stones were misaligned (one of the side stones was was set higher than the other). I then decided that I wanted a solitaire and we ended up ordering a ring from James Allen. After I tried it on, I thought the pave was too scratchy on my fingers, so we returned the setting and got the stone reset (the stone is spectacular, IMO). My final setting (I hope) is going to be the Sholdt semi-bezel in platinum. I decided on Sholdt because they're local and my boyfriend and I started our relationship here in Seattle, so that's meaningful to me. My boyfriend thinks I am obsessive and detail-oriented, and I agree, but it's the one ring that I hope to wear forever so I wanted it to be perfect.

I've been living in Seattle for the past 2 years (moved here mostly for my bf), but I spent most of my adult years in NYC. I love Seattle, but I miss NYC a great deal. I like running marathons, eating out, and have recently discovered a love of jewelry ogling. I also have a bad habit of using too many parentheses instead of constructing proper sentences.

Anyway, I've decided to venture over to this LIW group, hoping for some companionship while I wait for the proposal. I feel like I've been waiting forever.

sortmon

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, welcome! I've been seeing you around RT and SMTB - nice to have you here!

Hope your stay is short and sweet! ::)

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sortmon!

I'm a parentheses over user myself, I always have to go back and edit them (some) out! :tongue: :wink2: One of our semi-recently engaged LIW's audball has a WG Shodlt semi-bezel - of Jewel of the Week fame no less!

Glad to have you here, but I hope you aren't around too long. :wavey:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I've looked through all the Sholdt postings before deciding, including audball's. Sholdt just completed the ring and they're getting it appraised for me. I hope to pick it up this week.

Here's a pic they sent me!
img_0871.jpg

Lady5

Rough_Rock
Pretty! :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sortmon! Beautiful ring! How did you meet your SO? When do you think you'll get engaged? Any in-your-mind secret dates you're hoping for? :wavey:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1363718016|3408787 said:
Hi Sortmon! Beautiful ring! How did you meet your SO? When do you think you'll get engaged? Any in-your-mind secret dates you're hoping for? :wavey:

We met in business school! He moved out to Seattle after school and I moved to New York. We did long distance for 3 years before I moved out to Seattle to join him. We have really similar backgrounds (both born in the US but lived abroad during our formative years), and I think that's why we're so compatible.

Haha, I hope we get engaged really soon. I wish we had gotten engaged yesterday :razz:. We moved in together about 6 months ago and we had the understanding that we would get engaged by Thanksgiving, but then he had some family problems and I pushed back the date to year-end. Then we had a ring problem (with BGD and later had trouble finding just the right stone/setting), so that pushed back the date some more. We're picking up the completed ring at the end of this week, so hopefully I won't have to wait too long after that.

Unfortunately, we have no special dates coming up. My birthday's in May and our dating anniversary is in September. I really want some bling before either of those dates!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!! No worries of not having a special day coming up...just means you need to make a new one!! :naughty:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! :wavey:

Your ring is stunning and it sounds like you won't have to wait too long for it! :bigsmile:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! The ring is ready to be picked up. My bf wants to pick it up himself so I'll be surprised when I receive it. That sounds good to me, though part of me is impatient and wants to make sure that the ring meets all my specifications. I'm trying to be less anal about every little detail, but it's hard!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
hello,i am aslo an obsessive and detail-oriented person!Everytime when i go shopping,spend a lot of time to check the products,if it has a few weakness,i will give it up! :wink2: And hope you will be happy with your bf forever :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results