shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello from a Newbie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I''''ve been lurking on this board for about a month and have seen some absolutely INCREDIBLE pieces!

Just wanted to do a quick introduction since I hope to be an active participant here.
My name is Amanda.. 23 years old.. from Atlanta.. and I''''ve been married now for a year and a month.

Also, my husband is blaming all of yall for my new found jewelry obsession!! LOL.. not that I mind that of course

Thank you for letting me make my quick introduction.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Amanda...welcome to the forum!!
35.gif
My name is Maria and I'm fairly new to the forum myself. I live in California...we'll skip the age part
2.gif

I think I understand how your hubby feels... my jewler's wife told me that someday a 3c will seem small to me...after that, b/f told me I can't talk to her any more...lol
9.gif

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I''ve got my 1/2ct RB right now and the hubby actually agreed to let me upgrade after he got a new vehicle. For some reason I don''t think he actually expected me to let him get a new truck. Sooo... now he owes me a ring!! But it is funny how perceptions change. Shrinkage set in quick for me!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome amanda and maria!
35.gif

it is good to have you here. i look forward to much fun and interesting posts from you boths!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to both of you! I stumlbed upon this site by accident when I was googling one night (and oogling, too!!) and I think that this is such a great group. Everyone is so nice, and there is literally nothing you cannot get help with!! It is a comfort to know you can log on and have such qucik responses from such a vast array of great people. Be warned, though, it can be an obsession too! Welcome and enjoy!!! Also, though you are technically no longer a newlywed, Amanda, congrats!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
welcome Amanda
35.gif

i'm the troublemaker here on PS.
16.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS aka the looney bin!!
9.gif
We are all quite insane here, but it''s all in good fun (and education, of course
2.gif
). Hope you enjoy your stay here, feel free to ask anything, someone always has an answer!

Dancing Fire, yes you ARE a troublemaker!! Don''t scare the new members away!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What am I missing? What makes you trouble, Dancing Fire? (your name sounds like an Indian Princess!!!)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2005 2:42:12 AM
Author: diamondfan
What am I missing? What makes you trouble, Dancing Fire? (your name sounds like an Indian Princess!!!)
don't let the name fool yah.
2.gif
stick around, you'll find out why.
16.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to you!!! This is such a fun place, I have a blast here and learn so much in the process! Too late now, you will be hooked before you know it! You won''t find a nicer, more diamond educated, wittier bunch of folk anywhere else - I am sure you will have a great time and become a computer hog, as DH accuses me of being
9.gif
20.gif
" oh you are on there again
20.gif
" he says despairingly! Welcome to the club
36.gif
35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2005 2:39:00 AM
Author: IrishEyes
Welcome to PS aka the looney bin!!
9.gif
We are all quite insane here, but it''s all in good fun (and education, of course
2.gif
). Hope you enjoy your stay here, feel free to ask anything, someone always has an answer!

Dancing Fire, yes you ARE a troublemaker!! Don''t scare the new members away!
9.gif
IE
Is it too late to change my screen name to troublemaker?
20.gif

coconut

Shiny_Rock
Ha!
Everytime my husband walks into the den he sees me logged onto PS.....He didn''t say anything but I know he was wondering why I spent so much time reading threads and even taking memos!!!

Just now he came to find me and asked, "Don''t ppl get jealous when someone shows off her big rock?"

Then I read him some of the compliments people wrote regarding other people''s rings, and the detailed help they gave to people with questions....
Of course I read him all the nice things ppl said about my necklace too and he''s like....

"wow.. people are so nice and supportive in that forum.... That''s rare. It''s good that you found sincere people to share your obsessions!!! Why don''t you post more picture of your other jewelry too?? I hope someday I can be very successful so you can post many big shiny diamonds!"

HAHAHA
Good night all!! sweet sparkly dreams!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! Now he is on the right path!!!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Amanda. (I''m a newbie here, too.)
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking memos - too funny!!!
11.gif
Maybe I should too - what a good idea!
31.gif

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! I''m a newbie too. The people on this site are very helpful and knowledgeable about diamonds. Enjoy!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Coconut - LOL, this is like the ONLY place you can go to post your sparklies where people WON''T get jealous or spiteful!!
20.gif
In "the real world" many people will ''pretend'' to be happy for you, but will get envious and say behind your back "that''s a nice ring, but *I* wouldn''t need all that bling to make me happy"
20.gif
Yeah right....
11.gif
9.gif

So post away, show us what you got, ask questions WE ARE ALL OBSESSED!!!

Dancing Fire - no, it''s not too late to change the name, I''m sure Leonid can help you transfer your post total to another screen name, though my vote is for " SarcasticIntrusiveDiamondGuy"
9.gif
9.gif

To everyone else:

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the newbies!

35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I a a moron, did not know Dancing Fire is a guy! My apologies to you, kind sir!!!! (please take pity on a naive semi-newbi...)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to all the newbies
35.gif
35.gif

Df tries to stir up trouble every now and then but he''s cool!!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2005 6:12:50 PM
I a a moron, did not know Dancing Fire is a guy! My apologies to you, kind sir!!!! (please take pity on a naive semi-newbi...)
diamondfan
that''s okay, either did my wife
2.gif
no need to apologize. been call alot worst than a moron.
9.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi!!Amanda
36.gif
welcome to PS
36.gif

there is lot of nice people here
I belive that you will really enjoy to learn diamond and see many beautiful sparkles!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 3:21:23 AM
Author: coconut
Ha!
Everytime my husband walks into the den he sees me logged onto PS.....He didn''t say anything but I know he was wondering why I spent so much time reading threads and even taking memos!!!

Just now he came to find me and asked, ''Don''t ppl get jealous when someone shows off her big rock?''

Then I read him some of the compliments people wrote regarding other people''s rings, and the detailed help they gave to people with questions....
Of course I read him all the nice things ppl said about my necklace too and he''s like....

''wow.. people are so nice and supportive in that forum.... That''s rare. It''s good that you found sincere people to share your obsessions!!! Why don''t you post more picture of your other jewelry too?? I hope someday I can be very successful so you can post many big shiny diamonds!''

HAHAHA
Good night all!! sweet sparkly dreams!

first of all: Welcome Amanda

Coconut- I know you''re holding out on us. You''ve shared that gorgeous necklace, now what else have you got?????
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was saying I was the moron!!!! I just assumed you were female, so the adage is true, never assume, you make an ass of u and me!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2005 10:05:21 PM
I was saying I was the moron!!!! I just assumed you were female, so the adage is true, never assume, you make an ass of u and me!!!
i know, i was teasing you.
2.gif
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
and now I see how you make trouble!!!! LOL I had mistyped, so I was afraid I had inadvertantly insulted you...just relieved it is not so!!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Amanda! It''s always ncie to meet more people who are obsessed with sparklies.
30.gif
The more you''re on here, the more you''ll get to know everyone and you''ll quickly feel like you''ve know these people forever. I just love PS!
36.gif

If you are looking to upgrade your ring, I am sure we could give you some help. We love helping, especially when it comes to diamonds. There are many people on here who have upgraded their original rings, so I am sure you can get tons of ideas.

By the way, my Name is Sarah and as you probably guessed, I am from Virginia. :)

Cheers!

Brooke

Rough_Rock
Since Amanda and Maria were brave enough to de-lurk, I'm jumping in! My name is Brooke, I'm from PA and I've been a diamond fiend for as long as I can remember...luckily my husband is a good sport and I'm on my third upgrade. It's so nice to find a bunch who are as sparkly crazy as I am.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome brooke!
35.gif

it''s nice to have you here. you will find there are many fellow pa''ers that frequent the boards.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to the newbies! I agree that this is one of the only places where people are actually HAPPY for you when you get something nice. I spent some time on the Knot when I was planning my wedding and I was afraid to even say the word "diamond". LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results