shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello from a new bride-to-be!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!
35.gif
I just posted my proposal story over in Ladies-in-Waiting and wanted to say hello here! I got engaged May 17 and am already in the thick of wedding planning. I currently live in the DC area, will be moving to SoCal in a few months where my FI lives, and the wedding will be where I''m from in a smallish town in MN. I''ve been trying not to stress about the planning but since the wedding will be in a place with few venues and vendors, things are already booked up over a year in advance! And my parents were in Europe when I got engaged and just got back yesterday so I haven''t been able to discuss anything with them. Anyway, you all have such great advice and I''m sure I''ll need some of my own in the coming months!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
congrats and welcome!

very jealous of you moving to SoCal...

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! Congratulations! I''m pretty new too. I also live in So-Cal. Looking forward to see how things unfold for you. Are you getting married in So-Cal?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome! Do you know what kind of wedding and/or venue you want?

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the welcome, ladies! Excited to be here!

Vote4PedroToo: I''m getting married in my hometown in MN. It''s really important to me to get married at the church I grew up in, otherwise I might consider another location since it''s going to be hard (and expensive) for people to travel to MN. On the other hand, I''m going to save a ton of $ having it at home vs. SoCal! Prices out there are crazy!
Good to see someone on here from SoCal, too! I know very little about the area so it''ll be good to have a resource!
1.gif

ZoeBartlett: I don''t have a ton of venue options to choose from, but I knew I didn''t want a hotel reception because the food is generally bad and most hotels haven''t been remodeled since 1990. Turns out that most hotels are booked up more than a year in advance anyway so it''s a non-issue. The place I do want, a museum that''s housed in a historic building that used to be used for manufacturing tractors or something like that, is available. My mom and sister are doing a walk-through next week and hopefully I''ll book it after that!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!

I love museum weddings! Post a link to your site if you end up booking it!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Hi basil!
I love museums for receptions, too. I was in wedding a few years ago where the reception was at the Dallas Museum of Art and that was just awesome. Mine won''t be on that level, but I still think museums make for an interesting space. Luckily the place I''m looking at does weddings and other events almost every weekend and they have their own fantastic caterer so they are very experienced and I won''t have to bring in my own tables, chairs, china, food, etc. because they have that all there already.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
welcome! congrats of the engagement and lots of luck with your planning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results