shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello, friends!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I've been visiting LIW forever, today I am out of hiding!

I'm not sure how I found my way onto PS, but it is actually the community of LIW that has kept me coming back, more than the sparkles!

I wear a ring on my right hand (the only piece of jewellery I wear) which would probably make a PS'er cry! It's by my favourite artist. The kinder people who have commented on it come up with something along the lines of 'oh look at that.. it looks like goblins made it'. Ha ha! Perhaps one day I will have the guts to post a photo, but I'm afraid you'll all make me walk the plank or something!

Only in the recent months have I been drawn into the world of finger coverage, eye clean, settings, colour, and all of those crazy acronyms I'm yet to understand! Seriously beautiful. I'll (already) never look at sparkles the same way again!

So hello! Onto LIW part. My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years this past December, and we have lived together for a year and a half. I am 24, I did a Fine Art degree followed by Floristry training, and now work in.. ADMIN. Classic right. He is 27, and an English Teacher.

While we have talked about marriage many times over the years, we have no set timeline yet. Spring (which is Sep, Oct, Nov for me!) is my favored wedding season. We have talked about next year Spring, but at the moment it still feels fairly hypothetical. I think in part because in his mind, a proposal is a HUGE SURPRISE (and an engagement is less than a year). So I will probably pass out in shock when it happens, because there will be absolutely no indication that is imminent, ha ha!

Anyway, so glad to be part of the community. :twirl:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: hiiii!!!
welcome!
I agree, PS changed me when it came to diamonds. I don't know if it would've been better to be ignorant in all things diamond than know as much as I know now.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
PS changed me too! I only wear a silver tiffany and co ring on my right hand and a few tiffany silver bracelets, one on left and one on right and a silver necklace!

BUTTTTT i'm waiting on bling haha! I do love my everyday t&co silver jewelry though!!

WELCOME!!! :wavey: :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
welcome!! Jewelry is meant to be worn and if it has meaning to you, then that's all that matters! I'm sure we won't hate on you *too* much hehhe just kidding!!! glad to have you here!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for coming out of hiding!! I think we've all been in a similar boat as you, knowing nothing about diamonds, then finding PS when the most important piece of jewelry was in the near future, and BOOM: obsession.

Because your boyfriend believes in a proposal being a surprise, how are you guys approaching the ring? Hopefully he can get some advice here if he's completely clueless. I sometimes like the peruse Rocky Talky just to read up on what guys want to get for their girls, how happy they are when PSers are on top of giving them the most objective information, and then they get this beautiful ring that puts THEM in tears. It's no coincidence: PS makes happy girls! Welcome!

peonia

Rough_Rock
welcome! i hope your wait is short :) just like you, i come here mainly for the LIW boards - i love jewellery as much as the next person, but i've admittedly done next to no research on diamonds etc.! my SO is far more meticulous and better at these things than i am, so i left it all up to him (and he educated me on some of it).

you must be from... australia, maybe? according to your seasons!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the welcome nicstx, redsoxgrl and pandabee!

Sweetpea&babycorn, I have totally been lurking in those types of threads in Rocky Talky! I love. And I can so imagine my SO doing his research like that! He is BIG on researching. I think that he will propose without a ring though (I have done heavy hinting aka telling!). I am yet to find anything I am completely enamored by, and I don't mind waiting until I do. That being said, he could do anything. Scary thought! My bet would be on him choosing another like my 'goblin' one, he he. Sometimes I freak thinking about what I could wind up with, but then remember that I can always er.. buy another. No biggie.

Peonia, if my SO got into PS he would without a doubt be the one educating me too! I love the LIW boards, such a relief to find likeminded internet people. And not Australia, New Zealand!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Welcome and so glad to see another name coming up behind mine. Ha ha, I am not really moving UP the list, just the list is getting longer.... :naughty:

Personally, I am DYING to see this goblin ring, as you call it! I am trying to picture what on earth a goblin ring could be :confused:

C'mon...show us!! And if you don't want to...at least describe it some more. We all have different tastes here, we just all like a little bling!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!! :wavey:

PS competely changed me as well. I used to *like* jewelry, but I wasn't obsessed with it and I was fine not wearing nice pieces. Now over the past few years I've accumulated a few meaningful things that I wear ALL the time, and it's great! Well, not so great for my wallet, but whatever. :naughty:

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Welcome chewbacca!!!! I am new to LIW and in just one short week I already have found some support from these amazing ladies!!! This will be a wonderful experience for you!!!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!!

I felt like you. I couldn't find anything that met all of my needs until recently (and I have been looking for a long time), until NOW.

So, don't settle and enjoy the hunt! I know I did!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Chewbacca|1336646859|3191942 said:
Thank you for the welcome nicstx, redsoxgrl and pandabee!

Sweetpea&babycorn, I have totally been lurking in those types of threads in Rocky Talky! I love. And I can so imagine my SO doing his research like that! He is BIG on researching. I think that he will propose without a ring though (I have done heavy hinting aka telling!). I am yet to find anything I am completely enamored by, and I don't mind waiting until I do. That being said, he could do anything. Scary thought! My bet would be on him choosing another like my 'goblin' one, he he. Sometimes I freak thinking about what I could wind up with, but then remember that I can always er.. buy another. No biggie.

Peonia, if my SO got into PS he would without a doubt be the one educating me too! I love the LIW boards, such a relief to find likeminded internet people. And not Australia, New Zealand!

Welcome :wavey:

I'm just on the other side of the pond :tongue:

My jewellery collection has doubled after finding PS so watch out :oops: Once you go PS you never go back :D

Also curious about this Goblin ring... pictures!

Eta: emoticon overkill! sorry

audball

Ideal_Rock
I'd also love to see a picture of this goblin ring!! :appl:

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
Hi Chewy! (Can we call you that? :)) )

I just came out of hiding, too! And like everyone else, I am very intrigued about the goblin ring. I have a feeling my SO would looooove that. Our whole house is filled with various monsters.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Just for information, a few posts were removed at the request of the OP to keep privacy. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results