shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mmpawnshop

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone, my name is Jenny Truong. I thought I should introduce myself to the PriceScope Community. Richard Sherwood, what a great guy, recommended that I check out the information that is given within the forum and the website. I''''m currently employed at a pawn shop so I thought it would be a great opportunity to educate myself on Diamonds and Gemstones since most of the business is dealing with diamonds and gemstones. I''''m enrolled in the Gemologist Program at GIA. I''''m almost done with my Diamond and Diamond Grading Section. So I''''m looking forward to moving on to the Gem Identification Section of the program. I have to say I''''m very excited to be part of the forum after looking around and seeing all the information that is available for me. But, if anyone has any other websites that I could use as a resource, please let me know. I would really appreciate it. Sometimes the books that the GIA provide doesn''''t eloborate as much as I want on certain subjects so it would be great to have other resources to learn from. Well, I look forward to talking to everyone here.

Thanks for the help,

Jenny

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jenny, there are some things on my website that are just not found elsewhere on the Internet when it comes to diamond cut evaluation and appraising. Many of the links come back to Pricescope where some of my articles of general interest are published for the larger group of Pricescopers to see. Thanks to Leonid!

Look at the vairous websites of the vendors. Look at how the search for stones has been automated and developed. Compare individual searches on websites to what happens on Pricescope with several vendors listing diamonds. Check out the now famous GoodOldGold site among others. It is a wealth of knowledge. Look at the Ideal-Scope.com site and learn about not only the I-S but the AGS ASET scope and how to use both tools. Go to the Octounus.ru site and download DiamCalc. No one anywhere has such a tool for the industry. See about Imagem.com, a firm I have an affiliation with. This is a different way of grading light behavior in a diamond versus AGS or GIA.

There is no end to what you can link up to and read about. We are here for you as a resource to make your own experience better and increase your professionalism. Good Luck and happy web surfing.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hey Jennyyyyyyyy, welcome aboard! Your going to have great fun on this site.

Dave''s site is awesome, along with the others he listed. Excellent resources. NiceIce.com has a great tutorial as well. Have you read the Pricescope tutorial? If not, that will keep you busy a while, and get you off to a great start.

You should see Jenny''s pawnshop guys (it''s owned by her father, and she runs it). It''s got more diamonds than most jewelry stores.

Enjoy!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 5:00:29 PM

You should see Jenny''s pawnshop guys (it''s owned by her father, and she runs it). It''s got more diamonds than most jewelry stores.

Enjoy!
kicken sounds like my kinda place :}
Welcome to PS Jenny!!!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Jenny and welcome to PS
35.gif

You can find a wealth of information on many of the auction websites with great photos, prices realized, etc.
Try Christies, Sotheby''s, Skinners(Boston) Dupuis (Canada). Always interesting items.
Your shop no doubt deals in all jewelry categories from antique to contemporary so auction sites might help.
Good luck!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I learned more about diamonds and gemstones in the shortest amount of time by studying how they were cut and the history of varies cuts.
It laid the foundation for everything I know about them.
This site will get you started and they link some very very kewl ones from there.
http://www.usfacetersguild.org/

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
I''m so excited... I''m moving in 2 weeks, and will have to walk by a pawnshop every day on my way home from work. I really hope that I can find a treasure like so many others on the board have!

Good luck on your certificate training!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS, Jenny. Good luck with your courses.

shay

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Author: Richard Sherwood

Enjoy!
I love pawn shops. I''ve gotten some nice things that I would not have been able to justify buying new. I''ve sold a few things I didn''t want, too.

Welcome -- I''ll be watching to see if you post a link to your website (if you have one).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
where is the store if I may ask?

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Welcome jenny!!!!
36.gif

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!!! I am a newbie, too. This site is a great place for info and if you can''t find it I am sure someone here knows where you can. Best of luck in your studies.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to ps, it''s really a lovely community! I''ve learned a great deal here, and I never expected to become such a diamond junkie LOL!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
hi jenny.

i shop at pawn shops a lot! most of my stuff is secondhand.

an unsolicited 2 cents: please also learn about pearls. i see the most amazingly bad (chipped, greasy, yellowed, cracked, ruined nacre) pearls in pawn shops that you all shouldn''t use as a collateral for a loan. GIA pearl course?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Jenny! Just wanted to warn you that most on this site are interested in superideal cut hearts and arrows stones. So cut is king here. You may not see too many of those coming into your shop, but it is important to be able to judge cut as that has the most to do with the beauty of the stone. I realize most people shopping for a diamond are interested in color and clarity and carats, but PriceScope is going to be different in that regard. Many people here love I and J color stones with an ideal cut because they face up white and are a good value.

mmpawnshop

Rough_Rock
35.gif

mmpawnshop

Rough_Rock
Hey Guys, thanks for all the information that I have received thus far. I really appreciate it.

Jenny

mmpawnshop

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 12:52:36 AM
Author: diamondfan

Hey diamondfan, the store is located in Bradenton, Florida. The address is 1608 53rd Avenue East. On State Road 70, if your familiar with this area. Hope to see you soon

Jenny

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 2:19:30 PM
Author: mmpawnshop

Hey diamondfan, the store is located in Bradenton, Florida. The address is 1608 53rd Avenue East. On State Road 70, if your familiar with this area. Hope to see you soon

Jenny

Uh oh...Near Tampa. Home of Bern's steak house.

A little bling-browsing followed by truffled caviar and chateaubriand sounds divine.
3.gif

Welcome Jenny.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 2:19:30 PM
Author: mmpawnshop
Date: 1/5/2007 12:52:36 AM

Author: diamondfan

Jenny

Welcome Jenny! Just wanted to say hi from a former Bradentonian- I used to live on 75th St. West.
35.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Author: Richard Sherwood
Hey Jennyyyyyyyy, welcome aboard! Your going to have great fun on this site.

Dave''s site is awesome, along with the others he listed. Excellent resources. NiceIce.com has a great tutorial as well. Have you read the Pricescope tutorial? If not, that will keep you busy a while, and get you off to a great start.

Enjoy!
Does it have a website???
emsmilep.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jenny.
1.gif
welcome and hope you love the site as much as everyone else does. I think I am going to have to make a rode trip to your fathers pawn shop
30.gif
. I live in Clewiston a small town right below Lake Okeechobee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results