shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello Everyone ,help me

Nickel

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I am new here ,the story is I saw the 65 carats blue star sapphire and jewelry store ask for $US12.ooo. Is it worth it . D60C22FC-48FD-4181-82F0-EF95F37C5877.jpeg 7BB136A7-AE77-4F28-ABA6-D023F164B4A0.jpeg AA82B302-A310-422E-A4D9-A7707E389BEF.jpeg 813CC301-B6AB-4E30-A78A-1F74B1FF91C6.jpeg

Nickel

Rough_Rock
I speak only for myself when I say this; No, not worth it.

Thank you so much ,but may you help me to price or evaluate it ,but I am looking for a stone for men ring.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
if it were my 12k, i would not buy it

i would keep shopping. ive seen nicer blue star sapphires out in the marketplace

Nickel

Rough_Rock
if it were my 12k, i would not buy it

i would keep shopping. ive seen nicer blue star sapphires out in the marketplace

Thank you so much , I just think if the stone like that for 65ct is huge for me , It will be nicer that you can tell how much it can worth ? , the star actually not so real in the picture ,it look cute when look out ,but it is not my at all . Thank you .

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
my opinion, is to get quality in color, quality in clarity, quality in cut over weight for a color gemstone like a blue sapphire.

to me that stone, in your post, is not worth buying. no more, for me to say, about that stone.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much ,but may you help me to price or evaluate it ,but I am looking for a stone for men ring.

None of us are professional evaluators. Also, we only have an image to go off of, but you're asking so frankly, I think you can do better. This stone has a lot of imperfections, and, likely does not have any type of independent report.

A stone will go for what someone thinks its worth. I gave my thoughts earlier because frankly, its not worth that price to me.

Because you're asking, I'll tell you why. Its not a good color, quite grey in fact, the price dosen't refect what I'm seeing, and I would expect more blue. The silk in this stone is too heavy. While you want silk to create the star, too much silk is not good. If you like that look great, but the price of the stone should be lower with that much visible silk. The star is good, nice and straight legs but does not look even to the middle of the stone. A really good star sapphire has star nearst dead center.

The discoloration, heavy inclusion at 3 oclock position is aweful. Its an eyesore my eyes went right to it, and frankly, tells me they cut for size than for beauty.

Is it worth 12K? Not for me for the very reasons why I stated. For that kind of money I would want a much more blue stone, less silk, and while you'll get imperfections, that inclusion is a turd in a punch bowl.

Nickel

Rough_Rock
I am thank you a lot , and don’t know what to say to show that but nice to know you and have heard valuable things from you , I am just a immigrant and study high school in NY and do not know so much about stone or related ,after all I would think more about buy stone .Your words help me a lot .

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thank you a lot , and don’t know what to say to show that but nice to know you and have heard valuable things from you , I am just a immigrant and study high school in NY and do not know so much about stone or related ,after all I would think more about buy stone .Your words help me a lot .

If someone wants me to be honest, I'll be honest. But its not always what someone will want to hear. I wasn't being harsh for the sake of being, just telling you what I know to be true about that stone and my personal feelings.

Spending 12K on a stone is A LOT of money. Thats like, a car or for some half a year's salary. I am HUGELY picky for anything over 1k, never mind 12! I say this because you SHOULD be very picky. And you should do your homework.

Please read this so you can at least understand why I wrote what I did.

Also one more thing. I have a mouth on me...lol but I'm not just mean on purpose. *mostly* there's lots of great people here, lots of fantastic info on this board. But if you ask for honesty, some of us will just give it to you.

Don't just look at size of the stone because a great stone of any size will have amazing impact.

These are from the trusted vendor list

I'm sure there will be more people to give you some additional places to look.

I urge you to do run a search on the board as there's some lovely examples of high impact star sapphires here.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has a star and it's kind of cool but it's not gem-quality, imo. Yes, someone shaped it and polished it, but you can do that with granite for countertops. I think it's more for a rock-collector than gem-collector market. Almost any price-per-carat benchmark will make a 65-ct stone expensive. I don't think this should be priced per ct.

I love star sapphire and if I saw this on eBay for a few hundred dollars, I would keep scrolling.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you wrote $12 and initially was like yeah it’s worth a tenner.... :lol:

12 thousand? Noooooo way!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not even 1.2k let alone 12k USD on such a stone!

The star is weak and broken in places based on what I can see in the photos alone, and the colour patchy, IMHO, not nice.

DK :))

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha

+1 to thinking you meant $12.00

12,000???!!!!

What are these people smoking.....

It'd have to be one of the most stunning star sapphire cabs on the planet to cost that much and that is not it my friend.

Although I still find beauty in yours, a crude magic to it's color and size and it's needles that make that lovely pattern but I truly wouldn't pay more than $500 for it....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results