shape
carat
color
clarity

Heirloom EC Sapphire Ring by Caysie van Bebber (CVB and LAD)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year I decided on a sapphire ring for my birthday in September since it is my birthstone, and I love all shades of blue! Projects usually take me a long time, so I found the stone in the summer and didn't work on the setting until the end of the year. The lovely lavender emerald cut sapphire (2.59 cts) is from Africa Gems and almost seems to have slight color change from blue to violet in different lighting. Caysie van Bebber is such a great artist and designer, particularly for antique style rings, so I was thrilled to work with her on this design through Love Affair Diamonds! The ring making process was smooth and on time, less than 6 weeks once the bench began. While there were some delays in the past due to growing pains, CVB/LAD recently added another, equally talented, high end bench with the capability of doing fine handforged or handcrafted settings. The quality is just outstanding. The ring has milgrain so fine that I almost have to have magnification to see it. The profile and side of halo has beautiful hand carving in a geometric design to mimic the deco design in the gallery. I just trusted Caysie and her master craftsman to choose design details like the gorgeous handcarving. There is the tiniest pave and beading on the shoulders!

I had seen some beautiful preview pics taken by Erica of Love Affair Diamonds, but I was kind of blown away when I opened the actual ring and could see how delicate and intricate the work is on the ring in real life viewing! Erica's pictures are about a million times better than I can do with my phone, so all are hers except for a couple of quick hand shots. The stone looks more blue in her pics, but I see the violet in other lighting. Thanks to Caysie and Erica for making an incredible ring that most certainly will be one of my most treasured future heirlooms!

cvb.jpg

_36651.jpg

_36653.jpg

_36652.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Heirloom EC Sapphire Ring by Caysie van Bebber (CVB and

A few more pics:

_36654.jpg

_36655.jpg

_36656.jpg

_36657.jpg

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock

That's absolutely stunning. It looks classic yet refined and unique!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What an amazing stone and setting ds :love: :love: :love:
The detailing on the ring is fabulous: the ring is perfect from every angle. A true piece of art.

Your ring looks stunning on your finger. A heirloom piece that is sophisticated yet very wearable. Please share a lot of pics. Caysie did an amazing job!

peachmagnolia

Rough_Rock

Stunning! This ring is perfection.

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Congrats DS!!! Its a gorgeous ring!!! Love the gallery of the ring and the sapphire :love:

DS, may I ask if there was a way to get in touch through a LT listing perhaps? I wanted to ask more about your experience with Africa Gems. They have a sapphire that I have been eyeing... :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, beautiful DS, congrats!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Regal and stunning. Heirloom for sure!! Congrats DS!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my, that is absolutely stunning in every way. I absolutely love the tapered shoulder with 3 separate rows of pave and the milgrain is perfection. And the lavender shade of your sapphire is so lovely!! It's gorgeous and an heirloom for sure!! :love: :love: :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, thanks for sharing!

DK :love: :love: :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so happy for you. The setting, the stone - absolutely perfect in every way and a joy to look at.
Wear in good health, DS!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

I love the colour of the sapphire and the ring looks so elegant on your hand.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

That, is stunning. :appl: :appl:

Wow ds, that is truly gorgeous, gorgeous. I LOVE it! And I don't love much, but that ring is just the epitome of elegance and beauty. With the pairing of that swoon worthy stone and the home they made for it, they truly hit this one out of the park.

Enjoy my friend!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous masterpiece DS. Love the color (another blue lover here) and love the setting. Especially that profile and gallery. :love: Enjoy in health and happiness and a very happy belated birthday. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring DS! I really love the color of the stone and the design of the ring looks fabulous on the hand!

Happy belated birthday and congrats on such a beautiful ring!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG, DS!!! Your new ring is really gorgeous! :appl: Love all the intricate design details and overall finger coverage! :love:

Now we need some comparison shots next to your other rings, please! :cheeky:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Oh my oh my oh my!!! I love it! Just beautiful.

I agree with M2B, we need a group picture now. Your collection is becoming more museum worthy each year! Stunning!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

OH, DS how beautiful! I love everything about this ring...from the gorgeous color of the sapphire to the intricate, delicate setting. And, it looks really stunning on as well! It really compliments your hand! Just WOW!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

An incredible addition to your collection DS! I love the color of the sapphire and the exquisite detail of the setting. Happy belated birthday and enjoy your new treasure.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much, my friends!!! :wavey: I am so glad to hear you really love this one! As you know, my other right hand rings were bought as settings and I only had to choose stones, so this is my first experience doing a totally custom ring from scratch! I just have to say, it was easy because I never had to tweak any proportions or anything. We just added details to the design, and I didn't even care what the engraving was because I just knew Caysie and the craftsman would get it right, and they pretty much went beyond my expectations!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is stunning! You truly have impeccable taste in jewelry and design! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen|1457781587|4003828 said:
That, is stunning. :appl: :appl:

Wow ds, that is truly gorgeous, gorgeous. I LOVE it! And I don't love much, but that ring is just the epitome of elegance and beauty. With the pairing of that swoon worthy stone and the home they made for it, they truly hit this one out of the park.

Enjoy my friend!! :love:

Ellen, I had to reply to you as I know you aren't on here much, so I wanted to say hello and thank you for your very sweet comments! :wavey:

I know what you mean. I see so many beautiful things on this forum and on jewelry sites like 1st Dibs that I would say I appreciate the beauty of many things, but only a few stand out to me at this point. I can't afford to do this kind of piece often, but my goal always has been to do a few fine heirloom pieces.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringcat|1457765928|4003792 said:
Congrats DS!!! Its a gorgeous ring!!! Love the gallery of the ring and the sapphire :love:

DS, may I ask if there was a way to get in touch through a LT listing perhaps? I wanted to ask more about your experience with Africa Gems. They have a sapphire that I have been eyeing... :wavey:

Thanks!!! Yes, I do have LT listings. Just search my user name as it is the same there!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow DS, what an absolutely breathtaking piece of art your ring is. I know you are very proud to add this to piece to your beautiful collection of jewels, your daughters and GDs will also cherish it. I'm glad your experience with CVB/LAD was exceptional.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

Simply beyond stunning! :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous, DS! An absolutely stunning ring! Congratulations on this beautiful new addition. :appl:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock

I was just admiring this ring on CVB's Instagram page! So thrilled to see that it's yours, DS! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pure perfection!!! :love: :love: :love: Absolutely beautiful DS, I adore this ring and it looks fabulous on you - very flattering to your hand and SO elegant - gorgeous stone and the details of the ring are amazing! :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:clap: :clap: :clap: This is so gorgeous that it got me out of lurking mode!!!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock

That is absolutely gorgeous. I was ogling that on Erica's Facebook page the other day. Beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results