shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and arrow diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just curious does anyone know when the hearts and arrow cut diamond was invented and when were would they have been available to the general public in the US? thanks

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 6:52:30 PM
Author:diamondrnglover
I am just curious does anyone know when the hearts and arrow cut diamond was invented and when were would they have been available to the general public in the US? thanks
This page gives a little background.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/hna.asp

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lorelei, I thought maybe the answer was here somewhere, I just couldnt find it, thanks for helping me out
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 8:13:22 AM
Author: diamondrnglover
Thank you Lorelei, I thought maybe the answer was here somewhere, I just couldnt find it, thanks for helping me out
1.gif
Glad to help!
35.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I have another question, if you have a cert for a ring and it has H&A diamonds would the cert state that they are H&A? I am looking once again at wedding bands on Ebay and I have found a ring that I swear one of the diamons looks like its has arrows but the picture is to far away to tell for sure and I am not sure the seller would know and the cert just states that they are round brilliants. Thanks again

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2009 8:25:46 AM
Author: diamondrnglover
Ok I have another question, if you have a cert for a ring and it has H&A diamonds would the cert state that they are H&A? I am looking once again at wedding bands on Ebay and I have found a ring that I swear one of the diamons looks like its has arrows but the picture is to far away to tell for sure and I am not sure the seller would know and the cert just states that they are round brilliants. Thanks again
Not necessarily. You can find some diamonds which show a strong arrow pattern and distinct hearts which have poor proportions and may not be the best performers. Conversely you can find diamonds which don't show arrows which are top performers! Also because a diamond is stated to be h&a doesn't mean it meets the standards necessary to meet the approval of experts and conoisseurs of this cutting style. It depends on what value the most, if you aren't fussed about having an undisputed h&a diamond, if you find one which has good proportions and also shows a nice arrow pattern then that might be perfect for you, it just depends on what you want.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok that sound reasonable the cert is from 2002, so who knows, thank you again, you have been very helpful to me, here is the ring I am looking at, I am not a fan of the setting but that can be changed and the price is amazing and I think I might go for it and take my chances, if it stinks I will not be out that much money
5.gif

maybenewring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results