shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart-shaped prong? Pros and cons

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
I''ve kind of given up on my previous desired setting and now am considering getting this custom made.

Any advice re: pros and cons of having custom prongs?

thelovering.gif

mosher

Rough_Rock
Looks great but it might date

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a matter of personal taste. I personally do not like hearts in any form anywhere. But you LOVE it that is all that matters.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
they seem like a younger person would wear them...they look big and detract from the beauty of the diamond, but if you love it then go for it.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with NYCSparkler. If you have a nice stone, those prongs gunk up the view, IMO. It does look like its for someone in their early 20''s and maybe wouldn''t age so well, you might get bored with such an obvious prong setting and feel its gimmicky over time? Just a consideration.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
So, what kind of wedding band would you match with it?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
if you are in your twenties, then in your thirties you will wonder at "why did I pick this?" and change it. it will look dated really fast.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
To me, that looks more like a promise ring type of setting. If you like heart prongs, Belle has a gorgeous setting fro Whiteflash with heart prong tips and they are so dainty that they don''t jump out as heart prongs until you look closely. Her''s is a three stone but I''m sure WF can do heart prongs one a solitare.

Link to Belle''s fab ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-w-prong-heart-prongs.59362/

Margarw

Rough_Rock
I agree with the other sentiments expressed here....fast forward 10 years and place yourself in a setting where you are socializing with colleagues, or having dinner with a potential business associate. To me, hearts in any form, are somewhat juvenille. With the exception of Belle''s ring, I would consider hearts of any form to indicate somewhat "questionable taste." That said, if you love them go for it, but be sure that you''re either in a position to upgrade down the road, or confident that you''ll love them forever.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, settings come and they go. If your heart is set on hearts (no pun intended
1.gif
), then get it. You can always change it down the road and make it into a fabulous right hand ring. I think it''s really hard to know when you are young what you will like down the road. ...and hopefully you will be married a loooooonnnnnngggggg time. So what if you change it years later. That''s the joy of jewelry. It may be something that you keep forever for the sentiment...again, it could always be a rhr later. I think it''s a sweet ring.
35.gif

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 11:44:04 PM
Author: justjulia
So, what kind of wedding band would you match with it?
Thanks everyone. I''ve been bouncing back and forth between various designs. I think I might just take up Belle''s design, and go with small tiny sort of heart shaped prongs, just the two of them as in the picture I had in mind, but *tiny* and not large so it detracts from the stone.

The w-band I was thinking of was just a plain band to match with what my bf picked out, but not necessarily matching with the e-ring. I don''t think I will wear both together in any case. It''s too hard to match all three?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
You might be interested in having an ering made that has a split shank, so that it appears to be more than one ring. That way, it all matches and fits as a unit. Just an idea.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
I do love Belles ring with the smaller heart prongs. I see what people are saying about the one you have posted....it may get old fast, but for the record, I really like it! I think it''s really cute!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I always had a bit of a "heart (shape) aversion", too... but I felt differently after I saw MWM''s heart prongs (and similar ones, like the ones crafted for Belle by WF). Those tiny, delicate heart shaped prongs are IMO gorgeous!

BUUUUT, I still don''t care for the larger, more obvious heart shaped prongs (like the photo above.) Like someone said, kind of reminds me of a promise ring.

mintchoco_ykc

Rough_Rock
This is what I think I''ll end up doing. Phew...
24.gif

Just way too hard to match this and that.

I better put in an order before I change miy mind.

mintchoco_design.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think heart prongs can be pretty cute, but if you really need a good jeweler to do them. I''ve seen okay jewelers do them, and they don''t look good. They either look like triangles or they don''t match eachother really well. Just something to keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results