carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Deegee, I am enjoying my earrings today. They are very sparkly. I am glad you wore your earrings this week. You should get your ring on the 19th then. Sweet. Did you make it to the Audi dealer? Did they have what you wanted? :appl: I bet you are tired after working 60 hours this week. You deserve to be lazy this weekend.

I got up about 7:30. It was sunny so I hurried to take my shower and took some pictures of my earrings. I met my sister, BIL and a grand-nephew for lunch 1/2 way in between our homes. It was fun. I watched Frozen this afternoon and worked on dishes and laundry. We have COLD weather coming in Monday and some snow so I'd best to the store tomorrow.

I had popcorn for supper.

Here is the link to my earrings in SMTB https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aca-studs.207763/#post-3779930#p3779930

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Deegee, I am enjoying my earrings today. They are very sparkly. I am glad you wore your earrings this week. You should get your ring on the 19th then. Sweet. Did you make it to the Audi dealer? Did they have what you wanted? :appl: I bet you are tired after working 60 hours this week. You deserve to be lazy this weekend.

I got up about 7:30. It was sunny so I hurried to take my shower and took some pictures of my earrings. I met my sister, BIL and a grand-nephew for lunch 1/2 way in between our homes. It was fun. I watched Frozen this afternoon and worked on dishes and laundry. We have COLD weather coming in Monday and some snow so I'd best to the store tomorrow.

I had popcorn for supper.

Here is the link to my earrings in SMTB https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aca-studs.207763/#post-3779930#p3779930

studsacafamily.jpg

studsbacklit.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

I got up about 7:30 and went shopping after my shower. That chore is done for another week. :appl:

Marty's work credit card got declined in Ethiopia. He appears to still have $2000 left on it but his hotel is $1500 plus so he had to use our credit card. I went online and filled out an international travel report so hopefully he won't have trouble using that. I paid $5000 on his work credit card but it will probably take days for that to clear. What stinks is his submission for the 3 weeks travel last month was held up for some wrong categorizing so we won't get reimbursed for a few weeks. GRRRRR. I hate that kind of thing. It's not like I won't get the money back but I still hate to pay out of our money for work expenses.

I am washing blankets, flannel sheets and bedspreads today. Do you guys wash sheets that were clean when you put them away? We only have a set of cotton sheets and a set of flannels sheets which I just wash and put back on the bed according to seasons. I put the flannel sheets up last April and they were perfectly clean then but of course I am washing them again before putting them on the bed. I even thought of shoving my cotton sheets in a trash bag and not washing them now but I just couldn't do it. I am so anal about such things.

I've got a potato baking for lunch and will cook a little piece of steak with it. Then have some veggies with it. I got some Chex Mix for football and will have fruit for supper.

Have a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, those earrings are STUNNING! I love love love the settings and they look HUGE on your ears! When we meet up in a few weeks don't be offended if I stare!!! And GRRR indeed about Marty's credit card! I used to get declined on my corporate card all the time when I was a bank auditor. That REALLY torqued me off becuase I was on the road 48 weeks a year so you would think they'd get a clue after a while that it's not unusual for me to be somewhere other than my home state making charges, AND the bank I worked for (who deemed it to be my JOB to be on the road) was also the parent of the credit card company that kept declining me. Seriously!

Deegee, I work with a ton of first time buyers so I encounter all sorts of crazy/indecisive/illogical behavior becuase sometimes people just haven't figured stuff like this out in life (and sometimes they are just wacky, but that's a different problem!). I know what you mean though, and I'm the same way; once I find the property I was I am not messing around with any crazy lowball offer or anything like that to risk losing it for a few bucks. I've seen that go wrong far too many times with my own clients to even consider doing it myself!

The past few days have been a whirlwind of activity! Thursday I spent at my new part time job, and of course it took me over two hours to get home again. On Friday I said, screw that, and worked from home. Over the weekend I cleaned up the house a bit, including scrubbing the master bathroom within an inch of its life, and I picked out some tile for my kitchen backsplash (which required me changing the paint color for the kitchen, and I know that irked the contractor when I told him this morning becuase they had already gotten the paint, but whatever, just get more paint and charge me for it!).

They are starting the sewer work today, so fingers crossed that all goes smoothly...

OH! And one of my contractors had his truck stolen right in front of my building on Friday at nine o'clock in the morning! He said it couldn't have taken five minutes! He parked, came inside, realized he left something in the truck, went back out, and GONE!!! Wow, I guess I won't be leaving my car outside the gate any time soon... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Snowy and Cold Monday!

Dee Jay, okay you can stare at my earrings but no touching! Marty thinks he’s hysterical when he puts his finger on the table of my diamond. Now that is just darned funny that the parent company of your company credit card would decline charges for you. Bureaucracy at it’s best! I also was amused by your comment about wacky people. Some days they just seem to find me too. Wow that really sucks taking 2 hours to get home from your new part time job. Good plan to work from home on Friday. Too bad the contractor has to buy different paint; I can’t wait to see the finished masterpiece. Holy Cow that one of the contractor’s truck disappeared. That is down right scary! Is it cold and snowy there?

The polar vortex hit fast and ugly here this morning. I crested the hill on my way to work overlooking the city and could see of cloud of snow. It was sleet, rainy on my way to work so naturally it was nice and wet before the temps dropped and everything froze. Coming home was not fun. It’s twilight when I’m driving home and I hate that low contrast on bad roads. Ugh. I drove slow and kept going. We are expecting about 6 inches by Wednesday. Hopefully it is too cold to snow.

Marty worked on the patio at his hotel today. I guess it was in the 60’s and 70’s there. His traveling killer rabbit is in his laptop bag so he had him on the table and the waitresses were totally fascinated with it. They kept playing with it and wanted to know where he got it. I am sure they are talking about the “Crazy American” tonight.

I get my 3-pointer band back tomorrow. I think I’ll put my loop in my purse so I can scope it out when it shows up. You ladies know if I get a thicker ering setting I’ll probably never wear the 3-pointer again. If (and when) I get a different setting it has to look like a set with both my WF band and my Tiffany band.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, we had surprisingly warm weather yesterday and even this morning considering what's coming, but the forecast says the temp is going to drop twenty degrees today. Ick. I have a vision of Marty sitting at the table with the killer rabbit all set up with his own place setting and everything... ha ha! And yes, there has been more than one occassion where I'm sure I've been labeled the crazy American!

Last night I slept marvelously! I futzed around with both the Sonos speakers and the white noise machine for a bit and finally decided that I do like the white noise machine better. The problem is I put it on the nightstand on the CB's side of the bed and it was perfect, but I'm sure he won't want it beside him when he's here so I'll have to figure something else out. We also stuffed insulation in one of the vents and closed it off in the corner of the room by the bed because that's where the trickling water sound comes from. It's not a 100% cure but between that and the white noise I didn't hear a single drop -- woo hoo! I did still hear my neighbors walking around a bit last night but I think as I figure out this white noise thing better that will be alleviated too. Who knows--maybe after this sewer problem gets fixed and I figure out the noise issue I may be able to stay in this place for a (little) while!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I love your new earrings. They look so huge on your earlobes! The setting is really pretty too, especially in the yellow gold. My original ering and wband were yellow gold and I kind of miss it. Are you thinking about getting a wider ering setting? I'm still fretting over the thought that the band I chose is too wide for my ring, but I keep telling myself I can return it. I'm not cut out for jewelry shopping! Poor Marty with his travel woes. That would be a terrible feeling to be in another country and have your credit card declined. I was mad enough when mine was declined while shopping out of state. I mean, who goes to another state to shop, right? The Audi dealer in PA had one Q5 on the lot. I was hoping to at least see something on the lot in the Sepang Blue color I want, but I struck out there too! All I bought on our little shopping trip was a new purse (like I really needed it), a taller artificial tree for our entryway, and some other Christmas decorations at Hobby Lobby. It was a fund day though.

Dee*Jay-The white noise stuff tends to bug me, but I haven't tried anything other than an app. I bet a real white noise machine would work so much better! Does it drown out the water noise? If you lived in the boonies like me, you wouldn't be able to sleep because it's too quiet. I didn't realize you had taken on another part-time job. Woman, you just can't sit still!! You have the job with the company you love, the real estate gig, and another part-time job? When we moved to WV, we actually made a few low ball offers that were turned down. There were so many houses for sale in so many nice areas, and several of those houses had been vacant for a while so we had lots to choose from. We ended up buying a house directly from an owner who had gotten married right after construction had started on her house. She ended up moving in with her new hubby, and we got a brand spankin' new house for a good deal. When we moved to our current house, we weren't messing around with low bids and negotiation. It took forever for me to find this house, and we weren't going to lose it! Matt and I ate at the Union Grill in Washington, PA. Have you ever heard of it?

I'm off today. Aaahhh!!!! The vendor had scheduled a few meetings and I had intended to go to work, but this morning I was thinking that I have worked 4 of the last 5 state holidays and I deserve a day off, darn it. Lily and I took a long walk and now we're sitting outside enjoying the day. It's 70 and sunny (sorry Marcy), and lots of people are outside mowing lawns and washing cars. Matt's million dollar chair from Norway is in, and I'm waiting for it to be delivered before I take off for my hair appointment. I'll take a pic of it in the man room later if the man room isn't too terribly messy. Matt brought home meat loaf, green beans, and baby potatoes for lunch (from a home cooking restaurant near his office) and I plan to make hamburgers for dinner. So far, Matt has lost 10 pounds on weight watchers, and I can zip my tall boots around my chubby calfs again. Yay! Progress. Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The new man chair. Now if I could only get him to organize and arrange his room. It's a pretty big room, but you can't tell it for all of the junk he has in there.

_24048.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad the white noise machine works so well. I should try one of the apps. I used to sleep with a radio on in college to block out the noise and it worked great. I am glad you are warmer than we are. My car said 2 coming home today and it’s going well below zero tonight. I am going to put on the rabbits and bears on top of my bedspread when I crawl in bed tonight. It’s good that you and Marty keep up the crazy American image for all of us. We don’t want to be just normal or anything, right? Here’s hoping the sewer problem gets fixed soon, your kitchen gets done and you are living the dream in your new place for a while. Life is good.

Deegee, thank you. I like my earrings a lot, I am so happy I decided to buy them. I really like diamonds in YG. I hope you love your band. I am so anxious to see it. I am undecided on a new setting; but it is always a possibility. If I had it to do over again I would definitely have gone with just a solitaire setting. I know our Audi dealer says the Q5 is their best selling vehicle. Darn it they didn’t have one in the color you want to see or at least have something in that color. I bet you’ll enjoy the taller Christmas tree in your entryway. I am glad you decided to take your holiday off today. As for it’s 70 there all I say was blah blah blah. Matt’s chair is amazing. Congratulations to Matt for being down 10 pounds and your boots zip. Yippee!!!

It’s still cold and icy here but there isn’t much snow. I have to be home tomorrow to let in the cleaning lady so I asked the boss if I could work from home until about 1. He wasn’t happy but he agreed. It’s not like I won’t do my work.

I got my 3-pointer band back today. I am not happy. I actually think it’s too big (go figure) and they put another shank on it. The shank is thinner than before. I don’t like it. They don’t have one in inventory anymore so I’ve asked if they can check with the manufacturer can make me another one. I’ll see what they say. Luckily I have 2 perfectly nice bands I can wear. If they can’t maybe I’ll just ask for a refund.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Curby

killerethiopia.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does this look even from the side? Not to me.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1415762456.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm sorry you're unhappy with your ring. Yes, it looks uneven with a thinner spot on the left, and the back looks thinner than the front to me. I sure hope they'll make it right for you. Is this a jeweler you've used a lot? I have pulled up your WF channel band thread a bunch tonight and looked at the pictures you've posted in this thread too so I can check out my future band. I didn't realize it until you wrote that I should have it on the 19th... That's our 21st date anniversary! And Killer Rabbit totally looks on the job in Ethiopia. I had to laugh when I read Dee*Jay's comment about him having his own place setting. I can picture it! Our cold starts tomorrow. Yuck. My Indian friends have been fretting about the start of winter, and they're about to get a teaser of what's to come.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy One More Week Till Marty Comes Home!!!!

Deegee, my ring looks that uneven from both sides. Oh well now I’ll be forced to only wear my WF or Tiffany band. How bad can that be? Too funny you keep looking at pictures of my WF band. It is sure pretty. I’ve got it on right now. I hope you love it and that it looks wonderful with your ering. It’s arrival will be a nice treat for your 21st anniversary! Killer does look good “working” in Ethiopia. I am sure this won’t shock you but I have set places for rabbits and bears at the table. I made a bunch of them little pancakes one time. I don’t travel the world but I am a CRAZY American. Sorry your cold starts tomorrow but you aren’t getting ours; it’s still here. I am sure your friends from India will not enjoy this blast of winter. How is your iPad working?

Hi Dee Jay!

I slept in an extra 20 minutes today since I worked from home this morning. I got my reports done about 11:20. Made a phone call to Fidelity and rats the annuity paperwork I found in my mom’s name was closed. I had plans to find millions of dollars there. Ha Ha. My cleaning lady was done about 45 minutes early probably because the man cave hadn’t been touched since she was here last time.

The roads weren’t bad when I went to work about noon. The sun was out so the roads were pretty icy on the way home tonight. Forecast looks pretty bleak for about a week unless you love cold and snow of course.

If you are on FB check out the little slide show they put on there of my earrings. They used some of the pictures I took and put some Christmas music with them. I’m famous now – or is that infamous?

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I saw the FB video. Cute! Your earrings look so perfect on you. My animals don't have their own place settings (shhhh....don't tell them), but their bowls are Fiestaware pet bowls. I get made fun of by my family for that one. I'm glad you were able to work from home until the roads improved some. Early mornings can be so treacherous in bad weather. I hope Marty will be home for a while. He needs to stay home in the winter months for sure! My iPad is still locking up, and I've done everything I can think to do. A reset didn't help either. It's an iPad mini with retina display that I bought in Feb or March. I think it's ready to be traded in.

It snowed all day today, but the ground was too warm for anything to stick. Many of my coworkers have never seen snow, and they ran outside, giggling like little kids, to check it out. They won't be giggling the first time they slide in it driving to work. We let them have their fun though. I'm going to have to take them coat, glove, and boot shopping. Some of them have such thin little jackets and a couple of the women are still wearing sandals! It is officially boot season for me. No more shoes until May. I had oats for breakfast, leftover meatloaf, potatoes and green beans for lunch, and I made chili and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. It's 9:38 and I'm actually in bed. I think I'll fall sound asleep as soon as I turn out the light. Have a great Friday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glamour shots!

_24174.jpg

_24175.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks gorgeous, Deegee!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I sure hope this works because I don't want to shop anymore. Too stressful! It's only 1mm wider than the band I have been wearing, so I really hope it will work.

I'm off to bed, and I'll probably sleep until tomorrow afternoon. Goodnight!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Snowy Weekend!

Deegee, I hope your new ring works and you love it. I know the diamonds will look terrific! I am so excited for you to get it and see what you think. I thought the little video on FB was cute. I remember you have fiestaware pet bowls. That is too cute. I need to find some little dishes for the bears and rabbits. That could be a fun project when Marty is traveling sometime. It’s his fault he leaves me to amuse myself. Did you buy Apple Care for your mini? They should help you if you give them a call. I sent Marty an email the other day titled “Damn It” and then the email said my mini won’t open with my thumbprint. I sucker for it EVERY time! Is that a good enough excuse to trade it in? You definitely need to take your friends / coworkers from India shopping for some warmer clothes.

Dee Jay, how is your kitchen coming along?

I was very glad when 5 pm rolled around yesterday. I am going to take a “sick” day Monday to be here when Marty’ watch band gets delivered. It needs a signature. 3 day weekends are far less fun without Marty but it’s better than work.

Last night I started to watch “A Man Most Wanted” but didn’t find it very interesting to me so I watched the classic “Airplane”.

Today I slept in until almost 8. Holy snoozer for me!

I almost have my December newsletter done and I did some handouts for the program I’ll be giving soon at our astronomy meeting. I have a little Power Point all ready to go.

I made homemade soup today and have quite a few lunches left over from that.

I am going to get a refund on my anniversary band they resized. The lady was getting pretty nasty about a refund and played the its outside of the standard return policy time and the thinness in the band “must” be from wearing it everyday for 4 years. So I used Marty’s old boss as my model and wrote back:

"Please help me understand how this situation applies to your standard return policy? I turned it in to be sized up a half a size. You returned it to me 3 sizes too small. When I called and questioned how it could be fixed I clearly stated then and in a letter that I didn't want to lose any thickness in the bottom of the band. My ring was returned to me larger than the requested size and it is crooked and the shank now is thinner both width and depth wise. I am not trying to get a refund because I don't want something anymore. I want a refund because you messed up my ring." Then I said "I guess the tens of thousands of dollars I've spent at your store count for nothing."

It took her over a day to answer that one but it looks like they'll give me a refund. Hah!

It’s cold here again today but the inches of snow they predicated only resulted in about an inch.

Off to read.
Take care
Curby aka Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids -- Just fly by!

Deegee, I love the glamour shots of your new ring and I can't wait to see that beauty on your hand! I think it's going to be gorgeous with your e-ring!

Curby, kitchen is coming along! More details later, but a week from now it could conceivably be done (except for the backsplash, which will take an extra few days)!!!

Have to bolt off to a party but just wanted to pop in and say hello! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, you might have everything done at your place for your Christmas Party! Sweet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Windy Sunday.

Deegee, 3 more days until your ring gets here.

I made homemade pizza for lunch and chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. Seemed like that was a lot of dishes to eat 2 pieces of pizza and 2 cookies. I have 3 lunches left from the pizza and I promised cookies tomorrow for a friend that is coming over.

My football team got embarrassed today. Rats.

I swapped text with Marty for a while today. He had to work at the hotel since the power at the office was off again. The things we take for granted here in the USA.

Have a great Monday!
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I checked FedEx tracking, and my ring is here in town at the sort facility. Woo-hoo! I am booked solid tomorrow with no chance to sneak out, so I may have to wait until Tuesday to pick it up. You better believe I'll be watching for any 1/2 hr window to pop up tomorrow for me to go on a mission to the FedEx place. When will Marty be home? You'll be so glad to see him, and the killer rabbit of course. Sorry about your football team. Matt was thrilled that the Bengals won today, and actually played well too. They always start out strong and then halfway through the season they get pitiful. I didn't get Apple Care, and I think I'm going to trade my ipad for an android tablet. My coworker keeps asking me if my ipad has the thumbprint thing...No it does not!

Dee*Jay-I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen when it is finished. You will be able to have some parties at your house before you leave for Christmas. I'll send you my address so you can invite me. Woo-Hoo...ParTay at Dee*Jay's!!

I was a complete sloth this weekend. I went to bed at 2am Friday night (okay, Saturday morning) and slept until noon. I stumbled in the family room and did a little work on my laptop and then took a nap by the fire for another 2-3 hours. Matt was at a football game, and the house was so quiet I couldn't stay awake. I had another marathon sleeping night last night - bed at 1:30am and slept until noon today with a nap by the fire again this afternoon. I only got up because we desperately needed to go grocery shopping. How can groceries for 2 people for one week possibly cost $250? Food today - Subway grilled chicken sandwich for lunch, chicken & noodles over mashed potatoes for dinner, and a piece of pumpkin pie for dessert. Exercise was grocery shopping at walmart and cleaning out the garage. That's about it for my day. Have a great Monday.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, and Marcy...I meant to say I'm so glad you're getting a refund for your ring. I can't believe they messed it up and their first offer wasn't a refund. Good grief! That band was so pretty too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, if nothing else pretend you need to "get some air" tomorrow and get over to FedEx. I bet you are so anxious! Marty gets to Denver Wednesday morning. His new watch had a screw come out on his band so he is going to stop at the watch shop to get that fixed. I told him to tell them that for mental anguish over his new watch breaking they should send home one of those $14,000 rings for me. I am glad Matt enjoyed his team winning today. Peyton Manning just looks off and frantic to me this year. Rats. I've been getting apple care on all of my stuff lately because I'm klutzy and I find they are very helpful if you call in for even the simplest thing. I also like they give you a prorated refund if you sell it before the extra care runs out. I might have to buy the new mini just to keep myself from trying to open it with my thumbprint all the time. I say "Damn it!" or "Oooh!" a lot because of that. I bet it felt good to get that much sleep this weekend. I am sure you needed it after all the hours you've been working. I am really torn over just returning my ring for a refund. It looks fine from the top but I think now it will always be ruined for me if I wear it. I'd still have them fix the band but I know myself I'd be scrutinizing it all the time. I found a platinum semi mount I might trade it for and have them move my orange sapphire to it. I know this is surprising but I don't own any platinum. I think orange looks better in white metal.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, I say go into the hallway and pull the fire alarm and while everyone is swarming around outside they won't even notice if you're gone for a few minutes to pick up your new ring! Of course they will all be blinded by bling when you walk back in the building so maybe tuck your hand in your pocket!

Curby, I have given up on football. Having grown up in Pittsburgh in the 70s that's as good at it will ever be, so everything else is just a disappointment. If you're looking for votes, I say return the ring. It will always bother you, so why put yourself through that? And I happen to like warm colored stones in white metal too.

This weekend was a ton of activity. On Friday I had brunch with my best friend and then I went to the stone house to decide on the placement of the sink and pick which slabs of stone were going to go on which parts of the island. Saturday I pre-treated all the woodwork trim for the second floor unit at the CB's two-flat and then we went to a party. Sunday we worked some more at the two-flat. The CB is sanding the floors so he can refinish them and I started staining the wood. It turned out a lot lighter than the picture on the can would lead you to believe, but maybe once I get the second coat on it will make a difference.

Tonight we're going to the Container Store to get a pull-out garbage can for inside one of the kitchen cabinets. There was some snafu with Ikea and I was supposed to get one included in everything I ordered, but there doesn't seem to be one. Ikea is in one of the far away 'burbs but the Container Store is about two miles away so you can guess which one I'm going to to get my can -- ha!

And in anticipation of my kitchen being done I am starting to think the annual holiday party is actually going to happen!!! I came across this at Home Depot yesterday and HAD to buy in! I'll put "The Greeter" inside the front door (he's about nine feet tall) and I'm trying to buy a 15 foot tall reindeer with a moving head for the parking lot but there's something weird going on with Amazon and they say it's unavailable when I try to place the order so I need to figure that out.

the_greeter.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Windy Monday!

Dee Jay, I love your greeter and he’s huge. My little 30” greeters seem so small now. Oooh a pull out trashcan sounds like a fantastic idea. I might have to check in to one of those. We have one double cupboard with 2 drawers and I want the other big double cupboard done that way too. You certainly did have a busy weekend.

Deegee, It’s about 6 pm where you live. Did you get your ring? Huh? Huh? Huh? I am so excited.

I tried to sleep in but now that neighbors are closing in on us I heard some dog barking then couldn’t go back to sleep. I believe the sound was carrying in the wind but I didn’t get up to look for the noisy little guy.

FedEx showed up about 10:30 with Marty’s band so I ran a few quick errands.

I had a surprise phone call this morning our shutters were here and he had an opening this afternoon to install them. He brought me a check for $497.00. I ended up paying him that back and an additional $112 and ordered woven wooden shades for our bedroom with blackout liners. My quest to get the ultimate pitch-black bedroom.

The shutters do look very nice.

Oh the eyebrow cellular shade is “lost” somewhere so he is ordering another one and apparently refunded that money in our $497.

I will be returning my ring tomorrow for refund plus I am sending in the orange sapphire ring to move to a platinum ring. It will be just a 3 stone setting but I am excited to actually have a platinum ring. The difference is $339 or something silly like that. Hopefully it gets sent back to me by Friday or else it will arrive when I am in Arizona.

Marty will be getting on a plane tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

They couldn’t work at the office again because the Internet was down. He said his phone works there about one out of twenty times.

A friend is coming over for supper. She is picking us up take out from Olive Garden. I’d best get some wine opened up soon.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is what my new ring with look like with their ring builder. But much bigger and blurrier. Side stones are rounds at .37 ctw. Center stone right now is 6mm. It is of course subject to possible upgrade in size.

screen_shot_2014-11-16_at_11.png

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-i love your greeter! I hope you get your reindeer crisis settled with Amazon. Our outdoor CMas decorations weren't all that last year, and I vow to do better this year.

Marcy-i really like the ring. The white metal really shows off the orange stone. I bought lined velvet theater curtains for my bedroom, now the room is so awesomely dark. I'm out in the middle of nowhere, but I was surprised how much the moon lit up the room at night. I'm sorry your neighbors are closing in on you. I promise I don't let Lily go outside and bark in the mornings. She's not much of a barker anyway. She knows if I hear one loud woof, she's back inside.

I didn't make it to fedex today. I snuck out of a meeting to run to the restroom...I swear I was gone for no more than two minutes. When I came back in, they were waiting for me to answer a question. I figured they'd really notice if the fire alarm happened to go off while I just happened to be out of the room! I'm booked all day tomorrow, but I just may be able to run out for lunch if my morning meeting ends early. Fingers crossed. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I hope you get a chance to get to FedEx tomorrow. I bet you are excited. I remember you bought the theater curtains for your bedroom and said they are very dark. The moon can put off a lot of light. The white lining on my drapes reflect that light really well. Rats. Our bedroom is very dark at night but once the sun comes up I do see some light coming in. The shade will be closer to the window so that will really help. I swear my eyelids must be paper thin because even Marty reading on his iPad keeps me awake even though Marty claims I'm snoring.

I had to take a picture of the shutters in the den. I am thrilled with them. Once we started planning this house I wanted shutters for the den. I don't know if I want Marty to put our drapes back up or not. They are dark red drapes.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1416284664.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-the shutters look awesome! Totally worth the wait. We have 2inch white wood blinds in the family room and kitchen, and I've decided to take down the curtain rods (since I haven't bought curtains) and just leave the blinds. I like the clean look. Light really bothers me when I'm trying to sleep. We have to keep the master bath door shut at night because too much moonlight comes in through the bathroom window and lights up the bedroom!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, I can't believe you had the restraint to NOT go to Fed Ex! Too funny though about leaving the room for a minute and the whole meeting grinding to a halt. And I actually like it pretty light in my bedroom. There's something about waking up and knowing if it's morning or not that I enjoy. Crazy, I know!

Curby, those shutters look AWESOME! I would totally leave the curtains down so you can fully enjoy those. When will your ring be ready? And what wonderful treasures are you bringing with you to Phoenix? I will try to remember to pack a few things but I think you will be sorely unimpressed with my meager stash compared to your giant one!

Last night the CB and I went and bought a pull-out garbage can for the kitchen and then we went to dinner in Little Italy. We went to a great restaurant but I had a hard time finding anything I wanted on the menu. What I did order was good though, but I like the CB's lasagne better. Then we went home and futzed with the cabinets a bit. One of the cabinets was supposed to have a door on it and somehow it has drawers instead... :confused: I guess I'll be going to Ikea and buying even more stuff to get that straightened out...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results