carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good luck with that shower today! I can hear Cloris Leachman saying "the stairs can be very treacherous" in Young Frankenstein.

I can see where putting that bookcase together at your old condo would be a challenge. It was huge!

WTH that things are closed there - glad the liquor stores are open. What else can you do to all day long? And LOL to how can you close a volcano? Nice try there. I'm waiting for the "big one" to go off in Yellowstone. I'll feel that one before I see it.

I woke up at 4 today and had a hard time going back to sleep. It's like I'm working again because my mind goes racing and I can't fall asleep again. I was up by 6:15 and working by 7:30. I put in over 4 hours again today. I was going to go get groceries but the wind is still NUTS out there so I ordered in Door Dash for lunch. I had to finish up a bit more things after lunch for work, then I am doing my few daily chores and after that I'll be a retired person again.

Have fun!
Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, as an added feature to the shower there is a sharp part on the metal drain grate that pokes up, so I put the rubber shower mat over it... which of course meant the water didn't drain, but I figured saving my toes was more important! We found some more things closed yesterday as we were tooling around looking for stuff to do. It would be easier for me to list the things that are open at this point than the ones that aren't LOL.

Yesterday turned out to be a day of much eating and drinking. MUCH. I was so full I lumbered over to the sectional couch out on the deck around 8 pm, only to be chased inside by the bugs. It was a very early night for all of us.

The jewelry lady is making me infvckingsane. Every time I think I'm done she sends me more. Yesterday she insinuated I was taking too long. I was like, woah Nelly! Plus, taxes are due on Monday, April 18 this year so calm the he!! down. I woke up to another full page of stuff this morning. AND she has yet to contact Intuit to see if there's anything in there I need. Her subscription ended so when I log on I can't get any info, so she needs to do it herself and see if they'll give it to her or if they're going to want more $ out of her to get it. What a PITA.

I'm up to about 800 unread emails for work. I check a few times a day to make sure nothing is blowing up, but man... it's going to be a CHORE slogging through all though. Ugh.

The smell of coffee is wafting in under my door. Time to get this morning going!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, it sounds like that place just keeps coming up with new surprises for you. That's why I prefer to stay in a hotel when we travel but Marty likes to rent houses too. (assuming that is what you did)

Do you know why so many things are closed there? That is kind of odd. LOL to "lumbered" over to the couch. Darn the bugs chased you away. The bugs we saw in South Carolina were so stinking big you couldn't kill them with a fly swatter; I swear they needed taken out with a pistol.

That kind of stinks about the jewelry lady - a good case of no good deed goes unpunished. It does sound like a PITA for you.

Don't you love those emails piling up for work? When Marty ran all those departments at my old place of employment he would have over 2000 emails after rules had filtered them out. He had to always remind people if it's important you need to call me. I used to filter out my emails all the time but it was more like around a 100 or so when I started the day; nothing too horrid.

I love the smell of coffee but I don't drink it. I considered making some mint cocoa this morning but did not. We ordered in lunch again today since I was working until after lunch. I ordered from Applebees this time.

I did ask the boss lady today if me working 4-5 hours a day is too much and she said that's fine. I hate to submit my invoice at the end of the month and have her freak out at how many hours I am putting in. I worked on another article today that required a ton of research. That takes longer than updating a post.

It is still CRAZY windy here - I am rather sick of it. I wandered over to get the mail last night and almost got knocked over several times. It is supposed to die down to normal windy tomorrow but we will see. I need to run errands.

Have fun!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Maybe I'll get fired from my day job - I guess switching between text and visual mode in their website adds extra code that is a pain to find and fix. Oops. They kept telling me to edit in text so I always did but I still switched back and forth to "see" what I was doing. As Marty pointed out they should have been more explicit - they only told me to not edit there but didn't include the don't look at it. Now I know. I HATE making mistakes though. I tried to google and find how to "find" those errors so I could go fix them myself but all I found was many mentions that the error occurs and just don't switch between them. Now you tell me. Ha Ha.

I got up bright and early and we went out for breakfast. Then we wandered a store hoping to find me some warm clothes on sale but we didn't find anything. Thirty percent off a sweater that costs $129 to begin with was a um no. Marty grilled London broil for us for dinner and we followed that up with ice cream and one chocolate chip cookie. I think I'll hit a local farm and ranch store because they have women's Carhart clothing and it is very warm and hopefully the winter stuff is on sale now.

We watched some movies tonight and I knit quite a bit today. I tried the length on Marty since he was laying on the couch - not nearly long enough but it is almost as long as I am tall. I'm getting there. I have found just leaving most of it on my lap I can still turn it back and forth to start the next row.

It was rather nice weather here today but snow is coming back. And the high winds. Springtime in the Rockies.

Take care and be safe with the treacherous steps and bathtub.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the afghan so far. That is a loveseat. Also notice your Snoopy blanket. AA39EFB2-BD9C-4BE7-9047-BB75DE108F4E.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, your afghan looks GREAT! I can't believe how much you got done so quickly! They can't be mad at your for switching between the programs if they didn't tell you not to look. But now you know, LOL.

The past few days have been nuts... The local landfill/garbage dump had a fire that started the day before we drove down to Mexico. At first there was just a little haze from it if the wind came from that direction, but as the days went on the smell became really prevalent. Think burning rubber. By Thursday the smoke had settled at the shore pretty heavily and we had started to give up being outside -- and what was the point of being at the ocean if you can't even go on the deck? So Friday we drove back to Phoenix. And then Liam and I made the decision to come come a day early, which involved a lonnnnnnng conversation with some guy in a call center at American to get the tickets switched to yesterday. This travel plan however, instead of being a direct flight, involved a four hour layover in Minneapolis. Well what do you do with four hours in the Minneapolis airport? You get in a cab and go to the Mall of America of course! Liam got two new pairs of shoes, and I tried on a bunch of pants at Nordstrom Rack, but didn't buy any. And then we bolted back to the airport and flew the rest of the way home. The trip from Minneapolis to Chicago is so short I don't think the plane even leveled off!

When we got home I had to find some options for a lady in LA who's bought a ton of stuff from me (she's the one who now has all the pink glass dishes) for a hostess gift, and then I finally went to bed... but couldn't sleep because it's two hours earlier in my brain. And now I'm sitting here in a fog at almost 10 am, ha ha. Liam was going to go to his parent's for early Easter (his sister works at Mayo so they do holidays around her schedule), but he decided not to, so I think that means I really will have to get the dining room cleaned out by next Sunday in case they come here for dinner. That will involve moving stuff out of that room and into the family room. Not sure what that really accomplishes, but I guess it is what it is. And I've got seven orders to pack today, not including whatever the LA lady buys, so I'm going to be quite busy. Not sure yet whether I'm going into the city tomorrow or Tuesday; likely Tuesday I think.

Alright... let me see if I can make some progress here in terms of getting out of bed...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you. That stitch is very stretchy too - I may want to keep this afghan for myself.

Very true about them not telling my about switching views. The boss did ask me for links where I found that so I sent one from the WordPress support page and one from Go Daddy that uses WordPress. I was quite nervous about making an update this morning but it went find without going in to the visual view.

Wow that really sucks about a stinky fire nearby; I don't blame you and Liam for heading home a day early. Nice to zip over to the Mall of America. I wanted to go there because of the Snoopy store which they sadly closed so oh well. We were in the Minneapolis / St. Paul airport once on a connecting flight. We had like 50 minutes to get from one side to the other so we got someone in a cart to drive us to the other gate. We were starving yet the only place without a line by the new gate was some hot dog stand. It was the best hot dog EVER! Or maybe we were hungry. Ironically that is the airport where they pulled Marty out of the line to check him over including removing his belt and shoes.

You are going to be busy packing that many orders and clearing out the dining room. Move stuff from point A to B - sounds familiar. Good luck!

The crazy wind is back - hurricane #73 is here. I should start naming them obnoxious things. I had a strange dream about my old job last night. My snafu on hidden coding made me think of how many things were in my training manual at work for similar incidents. Someone new would start and either a new bug would show up or an old one occurred that I had to add more detail to in the training manual. Naturally thinking about my old job resulted in a dream that I went in for a meeting and security let me run amuck and go visit everyone. That is a dream because security will barely let you use the bathroom by yourself if you don't work there. But I was all happy to see everyone so I must miss work a little bit.

I got up before 6 today - WTH? Marty just left for the gym and I'm cold so maybe I'll go do my Monday lifting today and move my Thursday to Wednesday again. Lifting does warm me up and my week days are busier now that I have a job.

I have one batch of laundry to do today but not much else planned. I need to come up with an idea for the article for the paper and get going on that.

Have a great day!
Curby #canbreakstuffwiththebestofthem

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, LOL on the best hot dog EVER! We were starving by the time we go to the mall but wanted something really quick so we got Popeye's Chicken. I'm not sure it was the best chicken EVER but it was damn good! As you know, my dreams often reflect what's going on in my life too. Then again, sometimes they are so wacky they make me wonder what on earth goes on in my brain, ha ha. I thought of you yesterday because I stopped to get gas after I dropped packages at the UPS store and it was so windy I almost got blown over at the pump. I'm pretty sure I saw a girl fly by on a bike with a little dog in her basket! :lol:

Yesterday I was just worn out. I didn't get out of bed until pretty late and after I packed up the three orders for UPS and dropped those off I came back and took a lonnnnng nap. I had five more to pack after that, and they took me until about ten o'clock. Only one load of laundry got done, and it's still sitting down there waiting to be put away. Oh well, it's not like it's going anywhere!

I've got a boatload of stuff to take to the post office today. I'm going to have to make multiple trips in, even using my big blue wagon with all of my and Liam's boxes. An order just came in as I was typing this post that's going to a house that I virtually pass on my way to the city. I am debating whether to just take it tomorrow morning when I go. Then again, I hate to get off the highway and risk a big delay given morning traffic, so maybe not.

Better get rolling here this morning, I've got a lot to do!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it is amazing how good almost anything tastes if you are really hungry. I hate those wacky dreams; especially the ones that are a hodge-podge from different times, places and people over your life.

LMAO that you saw a girl fly by on a bike with a little dog in her basket. Were flying monkeys chasing her?

You were busy packing orders yesterday. It wears me out thinking about it. Plus hauling them out to ship. You are going to need a bigger car. Speaking of cars when is Billy Ray coming out of hiding? I definitely agree getting off the highway to deliver an order may be more of a hassle than it's worth - or it might be clear sailing. Decisions, decisions.

I didn't get through skein 4 last night but I was close. Maybe another few rows are left? I sure hope when I am through the last 7 ounces it is long enough for Marty - but I do have 2 more skeins if necessary. My next project is either a vest of me or an afghan for some friends for Christmas. They are both as short as I am so that last foot or so won't be necessary. Yay!

I got up at 6 today so I could get cracking on work. I ended up working 5 hours today and then some. They asked me for a picture and a bio - should I look up that life story of Dr. Evil from Austin Powers? That's a classic life story. I will have to get dressed up for a picture. I informed Marty I need him to take a picture of me with his fancy camera.

I even brewed up lunch for us today. I made those mini meatloaf and rice. I had leftover steak from yesterday so will have that in a sandwich for supper.

It's windy but I don't think it's semi tipping wind but I'll find out on my trip to the mailbox. I'll put some rocks in my pockets just in case.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I did just go read Dr Evil's life story again. It's always worth a good laugh. I copied it and texted it to Marty asking him to proof my bio! I do crack myself up.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

What a day! I got up at 5:45 so we could be at Ford by 7. Dropped off the MartyMobile and went to east breakfast. I came home and started work and didn't move for almost 5 hours - totally spaced out the work meeting at noon because I was working. Ha Ha. Then we picked up Marty's pickup and I worked some more. I thought I was retired? I have more things to do tomorrow than I will probably get done. Remember they told me they didn't think they had enough work to keep me busy 10-20 hours a week? Good one!

The cleaning lady came today so I am washing towels but I don't think I'll do much else. Marty met some friends for lunch so I picked up some food for me from Culver's on the way back from Ford. It's after 4 pm and I am just now doing my stuff. I haven't even wasted time on Angry Birds yet today.

I did get in to skein #5 of my afghan. That little amount of yarn left from skein #4 went further than I expected. I'm in the home stretch now. Sweet.

It's crazy nuts windy here again today. I know the last 2 years we had the most high wind warnings issued in the country. Seems like we are trying to top it for 2023. I was going to have Marty take my picture today for my profile at my job - but it's all wind blown now.

I think I'll blow in to the living room and play retired lady now.
Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I can't believe how much they have you working! There is some bling in your future with all those hours! I need to get a new head shot taken here at work too. The one I have still shows my super short pixie cut. Maybe when we get the new class of associates in in July I'll swing by the group photo session with a suit coat on and say cheese, LOL. Have you decided yet if you're going to keep the afghan or give it away? If you don't need to use much of skein five to finish this one you could start another one up. See how I like to find ways to fill your time, ha ha!

Yesterday I worked and worked and worked, and didn't leave here until almost ten. I actually would have stayed longer, but Liam talked me into going home... and then I was awake for ages thinking about all the other things I could have gotten done!

This morning I walked to work, and fortunately it didn't start to sprinkle until I was about a block away from the building because I decided not to go through the garage and grab my umbrella from the car.

I feel like it's been ages since I went to an estate sale, and there are a few I'm interested in this week. They are starting tomorrow instead of Friday due to the Easter weekend so I'll have to make a decision and set my alarm tonight. The one I want to go to the most though is 30 miles away and a company I'm not that familiar with so still debating that.

The lady we hired at the end of last year just LOVES compliance -- even more so than the main thing we hired her for. Silly goose! I keep telling her she must have been dropped on her head as a baby. :lol: The good news is I can hand off a lot of task oriented stuff to her, which will help me a lot with the annual review. I just gave her another testing/updating thing this morning, and I am so happy to have that little chore off my plate!

Alright, off to work on quarterly certifications because we want to get those out early next week. Hamster... wheel... !!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I soooooo need to order those ring guards. My rings are very spinny today - it's cold as crud too.

It is funny how much work I am doing. When she initially told me she was sorry but she didn't think she had even 10 hours of work for me a week and look at how much I am doing now. I worked 5 1/2 hours today and didn't get it all finished.

I have not decided yet if I want to keep that afghan. I could always rig the white elephant gift exchange so I get first pick of presents - that way I can steal the afghan back at the end. Ha. Or make myself another one. I was going to go to Hobby Lobby the other day and look at yarn but decided I should finish what I'm working on first.

Good idea to stop by at work when they are taking pictures of newbees and get your photo taken. Hopefully I can get Marty to take a photo tomorrow. Speaking of Marty the county clerk's office called surprise, surprise they had in plates there after all. We took the plate off the back of his pickup and exchanged the 1 plate for 2 that looks just like the one he turned in. Go figure on that. We stopped at Ford then and got another plate bracket for the front of the pickup then ate lunch at Outback. I even had a glass of Shiraz. Mmm wine.

Wow you had a very long day yesterday. Glad Liam talked you in to going home but darn your mind kept you busy rather than falling asleep.

Good deal you mostly beat the rain on your walk to work. While we were out we ran in to a brief snow storm but it didn't last long. Just long enough to get my car dirty.

Nice the new recent hire loves compliance and can take on some of your tasks. Good call and lucky for you.

I hope the estate sale works out for you.

I got up at 6 - I may as well just start setting an alarm. I put a disclaimer in all the meteor shower stories that the predicted peak is merely a prediction - that didn't take long. Then I updated a few posts one of which required lots of research. When Marty said he was going out to get his plates and asked if I wanted to go I decided that was enough work for the day.

On tap the rest of my day is lifting and since I had a big lunch then probably a piece of PB toast for supper. Then knitting.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, those spiral things are amazing -- seriously! I gave some to the new lady in my office and she is so happy! Yesterday I noticed a ring she had on and she said now that she has these guards she's got a whole slew of rings to wear that she didn't before because they all used to spin on her finger. I decided to skip the estate sales this morning. The two that had the better stuff were so far away. And the one that has some quilts right by me is a possibility for later, but her prices are always too high on the first day. I might swing by and see and then make a plan to go tomorrow. Are you done with the afghan yet? How do you pick a color BTW? I'd always be so tempted to go with cream/tan just to be on the safe side, but I really love the blue!

Yesterday was another long day... I didn't leave my office until about nine so by the time I got to my condo, cleaned up for a few minutes, and drove north it was almost eleven when I got here.

This morning I've got two orders to pack up and then I have to train a new hire that we're probably going to fire tomorrow anyway because she's not working out well. Way to waste the compliance officer's time! I also want to get some listings up so I can move those pieces down into the basement rather than just shuffle them around from the dining room into the family room, which I think is the plan to get them out of the way for Easter dinner.

Alright, time to get this show on the road.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Yesterday just flew by! I did a little bit of work, including training the lady who I hate to say it is just as dumb as a box of rocks. There was laundry laundry laundry. And then after dinner I washed up enough glass to sink a battle ship! My plan was to get up EARLY today and get to the picture taking... but it's almost eight and I'm still sitting in bed drinking coffee LOL.

I sold a big piece overnight to someone in Australia and I need to figure out the best was to ship that. It's going to be a really large box. The shipping cost her more than the piece itself! I'm always amazed when that happens, but I guess if the international people want this type of glass they have no choice because it's not available over there.

Off to wordle and then into the shower. I need to get a move on!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad those spiral things work so well. And no I haven't ordered them yet. But my rings are really spinning.

Good idea to skip the estate sales that were far away. Are you still thinking of starting an Etsy shop for quilts? I saw on the news they raised their percentage of sales.

I totally agree on a cream / tan color for afghans. I had Marty come with me to pick the color out because I wanted a color a guy would like too. I thought if we agreed on a color then either a guy or girl would like it. There was a blue I liked better but they didn't have enough of that color in stock, it was maybe a lighter blue. I do like this color though. I might make myself a vest out of it.

You did have a late day yesterday. The roads are probably more open by then though.

Oh no to training a new person that probably isn't going to be there much longer. It is a waste of your time. I feel a bit out of place with my new job. It has a million little details to learn and I of course keep making little mistakes (mostly just not following their desired format). I was the trainer for so long it is tough shifting in to being the trainee. This morning I darn near had heart failure. The boss emailed me one of the charts was in the wrong order so I log in and find it. She also mentioned something about I didn't capitalize some things so I copy and paste the entire webpage in to a text file so I could search for those words. I am using shortcuts, etc. I couldn't find any so go back to find the post and remove that one chart and I can't find the post anymore. I immediately thought some shortcut I used deleted the file. I find a draft of it in trash so restore it and nope - not the current file. I go pull up that post online and it's still there but has a different title. Um I didn't go that but at least I can find it now with the new title. So I text the 3 ladies I work with and they changed the title - THANKS FOR TELLING ME!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops - I just found yesterday's post wasn't posted.

Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is too bad that lady isn't the brightest bulb - did she interview well? Some of my worst employees interviewed great.

Wow, shipping something big that far will be pricey. I hope it arrives safely. I can't imagine how long it takes you to wash all those glasses. Did you get the dining room cleaned out for Easter? Did you find out if some of Liam's relatives are coming for dinner? I picked up some filet for us to have Sunday but should have got Marty 2 because the one that looked huge in the butcher's case was only .60 lbs. I have a few in the freezer from Omaha Steaks so I'll get one of those out too. I did buy both of us a chocolate bunny.

I was wide awake from 4 am on this morning. I got up at 6. I finished all my assigned tasks for work yesterday so I didn't have anything to do this morning. I finally asked at 8 am if there was anything to do and they had me review 2 posts for this month. The boss wants to talk to me today about some posts but hasn't answered me yet what time. I am so stinking tired I might be passed out when she calls.

I am making tacos for lunch. Yay we made an entire week without getting food delivered.

I didn't knit last night - I have 2 little dry splits on my thumb and index finger that is right where I push on the knitting needle or hold the yarn. Phooey.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I'm still open to the quilt idea but I got kind of discouraged by the ones I found early on (stitching come apart, stained). So if I see the right ones I'll definitely buy them, but it's not going to be easy. The big package cost $116 to ship to Australia. Yikes!

I managed to get up twelve listings yesterday! Unfortunately by the time I got all that done I lost my motivation to wash a bunch of stuff for today so I'm already behind the eight ball. Now I've got two orders to pack, and hopefully after that I'll find some easy stuff to list, but I'll be lucky to get very many done at all because now I have to bolt into the city around one to do a showing. That adventure is going to take me AT LEAST three hours round trip. Ugh. If they buy it though I certainly won't be complaining! :lol: Hopefully Liam and the ferals will do some other cleaning today, but when I get back from the city I'll need to move the dining room stuff to the family room. Liam offered to do that but I really don't want him to without me at least being here or else I'll never find anything again LOL.

Waiting now for Liam to come up with my bacon, and then I need to be up and at 'em!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I checked over your new listings. Lots of cool things. Did you get everything moved today? It will probably be difficult to find vintage quilts in really good shape. They can be really cool though. Wow on that shipping fee to Australia. I wonder how long it will take to get there.

I hope your showing went well today. Did Liam and the ferals clean while you were gone? How was your bacon? I had a pancake with strawberries on top for breakfast. Tomorrow will be bacon and eggs. We are going out for dinner in a while.

I actually did something constructive today - we have 2 giant bags of clothing to donate. The lady that cleans for us works at the visitors center for a state park and they keep clothes for people that fall in the lake or get rained on so we are giving the bags of clothes to her. I put in most of my clothes that are way too big but kept most of my cotton cardigans. I washed one on warm then dried them on medium and it didn't make a difference. Phooey. Since I packed up so many clothes I opened up enough room on the shelves in the closet to put our camera bags in there.

Both of us slept in late for us today. Yay. We had snow on the grass but it melted already. It's totally cloudy here and not too warm.

I am wearing my rubies today. You know - my mini Trifecta.

Since I didn't do much work yesterday I worked on articles for the paper and the club newsletter. Plus caught up on my gym bookkeeping.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easer kids!

Curby, I got the dining room pretty much cleaned out!!! To be clear, the credenza behind the table is still laden with my stuff, and my props (wine bobbles, fake flowers, etc.) are lined up on the floor along the wall, but the table and the whole area under the table is completely free of stuff from my Etsy empire. The back half of the family room is now unusable though, LOL, so not sure exactly what was accomplished there. At one point last night I said to Liam if he'd just gone to early Easter lunch at his parents' last weekend instead of spending the day on the couch watching TV this could have all be avoided. Clearly I was in a bad mood by then, ha ha. The showing was not great... The place is just full (OVER FULL) with stuff and it's hard to see beyond. If this agent wasn't a real pro and one that has done a ton of work in this complex (he's actually the one who was on the sell side when I bought the unit next door all those years ago) I wouldn't have even let them in. I would be absolutely shocked -- and delighted beyond belief -- if anything came of it. Good for you for donating two bag of clothes! I should go though the my closet... I'm still mad though that I got rid of some tops (with the tags still on them!) that would fit me now because I was just tired of looking at them. Grrrr.

Liam's parents will be here in about three hours. I guess I better get out of bed... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter!

Dee Jay, glad you got the dining room table cleared out for dinner. What's on the menu? LOL that you reminded Liam if only he'd met his parents for lunch . . . My in-laws are coming for a visit in June. My family (what's left of them) are within a few hours drive so they rarely if ever stay for more than the day. I barely like Marty enough to be around him day after day after day. Bwhahahahahahaha.

Darn that the showing might not have gone over well. Yes, a crowded, busy space might not sell. My parents house was a pig sty when it sold though. We had trash bags everywhere, the place hadn't been cleaned yet which is sorely needed but I believe the garage is what sold the place anyway. It's hard to say. Good luck with that!

It is frustrating throwing out clothes that now fit again. I had some great sweaters that were smaller that I sure wish I'd kept. I do have coats, jackets and a few tops that I got back in to that I really liked. Hindsight is so wise though.

Not much on our agenda today. Marty left for the gym already to vacuum before people come in. I am going to lift here shortly.

We went out for dinner last night and indulged in a giant ball of ice cream rolled in crushed Oreo's for dessert. It was so big we left about 1/3 of it but it sure was tasty. And we also polished off a bottle of wine. Marty had the MarcyMobile up to 132 on the side road so he was quite happy about that. New challenge for us now, eh?

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite Easter chuckle.
IMG_0343.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, LOL on the bunny meme! For lunch Liam made ham, mashed potatoes, and broccoli and his mother brought over corn that they grew on their farm (frozen from last year, of course). Your dessert pic from yesterday was mouthwatering! We "baked" a Marie Calendar cherry pie, which was fine, but not an ice cream ball rolled in oreos! :lickout: I'm trying to figure out when to get Billy Ray out of storage. I'm actually going down to Missouri the first weekend in May and I'm driving myself so I might take him. The down side is the last mile or so of road, and then the mile long driveway itself to the 'rents' house is gravel. I guess I could just go reallllllly slow... And once I get BR out, tell Maty CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

This morning's drive in wasn't too bad, and I'm sure some people must be off today. I even walked to work, even though it was cold enough that I dug a pair of gloves out. At least it didn't rain on me!

Today I need to do a bunch of certification related things. No surprise there! I also just had a very frustrating call with Travelers because my monthly deduction amount went DOWN even though I called at the end of last month and added Trifecta to my policy. All the documents are posted on the site and when I looked at the jewelry schedule Trifecta was missing -- and so were Pinkie or Darth Vader?! The lady I spoke with not only didn't know what was going on, I'm actually not sure she even understood my question. I have the confirmation email from Travelers acknowledging they received the appraisal to put the ruby on the policy, but apparently nothing was done. Hopefully I'll get some sort of call back today letting me know what's happening. Super annoying, not to mention I've actually been WEARING this ring out in the wild, and now I find it's potentially been uninsured!

Alright, off like a prom dress!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you dinner menu sounds fabulous. A friend of mine bakes delicious apple pies and was making one yesterday to take over to her in-laws. I am meeting her for supper today so maybe she'll surprise me with a piece of pie. Wishful thinking. Our cheesy scalloped potatoes hit the spot; I notice Marty polished off the pan in one setting. He also made his 4 ounce dark chocolate Easter bunny disappear sometime before he went to bed yesterday. That ball of ice cream covered in Oreos is divine. I was contemplating how I could make those. They use Hagen-dazz for the vanilla ice cream. I know to make ice cream sandwiches you let the ice cream get soft; then shape it and freeze again, then thaw a little bit and smash between 2 cookies. Something similar should work to make balls of ice cream that you roll in something. Might be worth exploring sometime when we have company over for dinner.

I totally get the reluctance to drive Billy Ray down a dirt road. Some friends of ours live on a dirt road so I usually suggest we take the pickup when we go over there. LOL to telling Marty challenge accepted. I might have to go for "run" myself.

I bet people took today off as well. I know Friday seemed kind of dead most places. Glad the drive in was an easy one and it's not rainy so you can walk to work. It's sunny here and maybe around 50 for the high. As for wind - I don't know yet. It's not whistling outside anyway.

I hate to hear about the issue with your insurance. How frustrating. As long as you have a document saying Trifecta was added you should be fine but who knows? Good luck getting that straightened out.

I only worked 90 minutes so far today. The boss lady had an appointment so I did what she asked and need to wait on her. I got a very nice email from my former senior manager who said he tells someone everyday that he misses me. I keep hearing that from other people so I guess it's true. He had to build and load blackout patterns a few weeks ago and said in all caps he really missed me then. I guess they added some new channels and my replacement and former boss really messed that up adding them to our system but he said he was able to fix it for them. My response was that was how he and I learned the system - trail and many errors. It was nice to hear from him.

I keep debating rather to try and buy sweaters that fit me now or wait a while. I can wait until Land's End has 50% but the cardigans I typically buy are pretty much out of stock right now. I saw some at LL Bean I like so maybe I'll sign up for their emails and get a discount offer; I hate to buy too many things that hopefully will be too big for me a year from now. I'm cheap now that I am only semi-employed. I think just buying 2 sweaters that fit would be enough based on the number of actual outings I have these days.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phooey - the 2 sweaters I like at LL Bean aren't in stock until maybe July. I did order one long, open cardigan from Land's End. That should work for a while.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well LMAO - Marty asked me "When are you going to buy clothes that fit you? You look like a bag lady." I even have clothes on today that aren't huge just rather baggy. I was brushing my teeth and decided to add the sweater I was wearing to the bag of clothes to donate.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, you and I are living parallel lives! I have a few tops right now that I still wear (mostly long ones and I pair them with workout tights) when I'm just planning a day of washing glasses and taking pictures because I figure, who cares? And then I'll go into the bedroom for something about half way through the day, look in the mirror, and be like -- Why On Earth Are You Wearing A Tent?! You've inspired me; this weekend I am going to retire a whole bunch of things! And I'm also going to plan a trip to the Salvation Army to see if I can get some cute new spring/summer stuff without spending a fortune. Plus, I haven't been to the SA or the ReStore (the Habitat for Humanity resale store -- do you have any of those near you?) for ages and I'm almost completely out of clear stemware so I need to find some! That sounds like a Wednesday or Thursday afternoon/evening project to me. No word yet from Travelers. Ugh.

Yesterday I worked like crazy! I did leave at a reasonable hour though (only about six) and walked back to my condo while it was still light out. I went to bed early and woke up to a really great sale. I found these awesome carved napkin rings at an auction last fall and finally got them listed a month or so ago. I got a great return on them (I knew instantly what they were and that they were valuable, but I managed to snag the entire flat they were in quite reasonably) and they will be super super easy to ship. And they are just gorgeous -- I think the new owner is going to love them!

Today I've got training, training and more training. Where are all these new employees coming from LOL?!

OK, off to see what I can get done in between all my meetings!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes we are wearing the same wardrobe. I figure wearing big, baggy clothes is far less tacky than wearing clothes several sizes too small. Right? Great idea to go shopping at the SA. I should try that myself. He do have a local Habitat for Humanity but last I knew it was only household items. I thought of them at the last minute when I was cleaning out my parent's house but they did come take a truck load of stuff.

That is great the napkin rings sold and woo hoo for easy to pack and ship. I believe I remember them on your site. I stack it er I mean look at it frequently. It's like memory lane for me.

Have fun training. I learned how to post comments to submissions at my new job today. OOOH.

I had a checkup with the periodontist today. I got a mostly good report card but bad news. They wanted to X Ray a suspicious tooth and I knew right off the bat which one they meant - I have a crown on the lower left that is agitated - not painful - but reminds me something isn't right. The X Ray shows the root is dying and significant bone loss there. I have an eval with an endodontist tomorrow. Root canal in my future? Joy!

While I was out and about I picked up some groceries. I picked up 2 pounds of ground sirloin and Marty was going to grill us burgers for lunch. He didn't pay attention to the the poundage tho and made 4 burgers out of it. Wow - that bigger and fatter burger was the best burger ever! I only ate 1/2 of mine but it was really good. I will remember that in the future.

It's gorgeous here today - near 70 and only a light breeze. I almost fell over walking to the mail box since I didn't have to lean in to the wind. Ha Ha.

Dinner with my friend last night was fun and I was sad she didn't bring me a piece of apple pie but I was comforted to know she made lemon meringue and pecan pies. She is eating less too so we passed on their delicious Italian nachos and warm cookies. We did still indulge in wine - of course.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, oh no to the tooth news! I had a six month check-up last week and I was soooo relieved to walk out of there without hearing anything bad! You're right, the Habitat store is only household stuff. Sorry if I gave the impression they had clothes! I have to make a major grocery run some time before the end of the week. We decided to do surf and turf for our friends that are coming over on Saturday so I need to get shrimp (appetizer), lobster (the "surf"!), prosecco and wine (I'm done to drinking my photo props, LOL!), chocolate peanut butter Keto bars (seriously addicting... and they are two bucks cheaper for a box of five here than in the city), and a wholllllle bunch of other stuff. Good thing I have an SUV!

Yesterday I did some training and some work and some of I don't know what. I left the office with a chore from my boss that I need my assistant to send me front end data on. She's not great with that sort of thing so I'm a little worried... I also have three orders to pack up, some things to retrieve from the local auction site, and a counter full of glass queued up to photograph. It's going to be a busy day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the tooth news isn't good. The endodontist thinks at best the 2 roots are salvageable; it involves 2 teeth. We will see on May 3rd. He said if he can save them with a root canal he will - if not he'll send me to an oral surgeon to have them pulled and to run a biopsy. I was so stunned by that I didn't ask why. Kind of scary. I have had numbness, tingling across my mouth for sometime now and there is that weird red blood cell issue I have. Time will tell. I might be #curbynoteeth ha ha.

You do need to go on a shopping spree for company this weekend. LOL to drinking your prop adult beverages. We have a small wine rack full of crappy / questionable wine that I need to get rid of because it doesn't look good to me. It's stuff people have brought over for dinner or parties. Nice the PB / Chocolate keto bars are good. I can't give up my chocolate but I try to limit my consumption of the sweet treat. You can fill your SUV with goodies and alcohol.

You do have a busy day on tap. Good luck! Hope your assistant sent you what you needed. I need one of those.

I got up about 6:30. Worked until about noon then was going to eat before my appointment. They called me to ask me to come in early which I did (and they shouldn't ask someone with a Porsche to hurry) and then I was in the waiting room until after my scheduled appointment time. Strange.

I picked up Wendy's on the way home. Worked some more and now I'm off to lift.

Laters,
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results