carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, LOL for taking time off FOREVER! Our wind here yesterday was beyond crazy -- I swear I felt the entire house move last night! And when I went to the post office yesterday afternoon I think I saw a girl on a bike with a little white dog in the front basket fly by. :lol: Speaking of the post office, I did get all my packages shipped yesterday, including everything for my family, so that part of my x-mas obligation is DONE. Who knows now if the stuff will actually GET there on time, but I've fulfilled my part!

So around 5:30 yesterday an email went out saying that our company party today was cancelled because it's too great a risk given the current covid situation. Frankly I was surprised they were planning on having a hundred people gathered together in the same place given how conservative we are about all this! So then our department party got cancelled too, and I made the executive decision I wasn't going into the office then and had my assistant move all my in-person trainings to zoom. As of now my plan is to not go back until Jan 3. Speaking of training, I've got my first one in less than an hour so I better get hoppin'!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally see the difference in your new CAD for pinkie. You'll get it soon.

Stupid wind - you didn't get ours because it's still wrecking havoc here as well. I swear I need rocks in my pockets. I can believe it was rocking your house and LOL to seeing a girl on a bike with a little dog fly by. Probably started out from here.

Yay for your the packages off to your family. Hard to say if they are delivered on time though.

Darn that ll the holiday parties at work are cancelled but I get it - no business wants to get sued over someone getting sick. Things continue to be crazy and surreal. Nice you can just take care of training on zoom and can just stay at the north estate until January.

I was again kind of bored at work but watched Inglorious Bastards - IMO that is Brad Pitt's best role in a movie. I picked up my 20 additional photo Christmas cards after work and then decided to order myself a pizza for supper. I was going to make my mini cheesecakes tonight but decided I can do them tomorrow. Saturday we have to make candy cane cookies and I'll dig out my Christmas dishes. It's going to be a busy weekend. Speaking of which I need to go dump out the ice in the man cave ice maker. It was OLD so I emptied it out when I got the 2 hams out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge and I figure those first few batches of ice should get thrown out as well. No one likes nasty tasting ice. The ice maker in our frig upstairs doesn't have a big reservoir so I need to have plenty of ice downstairs for Sunday.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I had a moment yesterday when I thought... why aren't the melee shared prong on the outside... ? And then I reduced the ring to the size it will really be and I don't think it makes one bit of difference that tiny, so rather than having Ilya produce YET ANOTHER CAD I said fvck it and got on with my life! :lol: I hear you on the bad tasting ice! I actually got these little goldfish "ice cubes" that are plastic and filled with water (at least I assume it's water) that you freeze and put in drinks. They don't dilute what you're drinking, and I'm not sure they really keep your drink much colder, but I am amused by the goldfish so I use them! As you can see, it doesn't take much to keep me entertained, LOL.

Yesterday I trained three people and also had a call with a new vendor, so I was relatively productive for a day that I wasn't supposed to be working! I have something I would LOVE to get done by the end of the year, and I plan on working on it today. The problem is it involves other people (SEVERAL other people actually... ) so who knows how much progress I'll really make there, but I'm going to try!

Aside from that, I've got one training on the schedule this morning. Then I want to wrap up the rest of the gifts, including some that are going to friends' that are having a party tomorrow night. I know where half of the stuff is right now... the location of the other half is a mystery... I've also got some things for the ferals yet to be wrapped, and a few more odds and ends.

Tonight I think I'm going to dinner with one of my best friends. He's having some health issue so yet to be determined whether we go out or just order in. Frankly I'd rather just order in, but I'll leave that up to him based on how he feels.

At some point I need to start listing stuff again and getting it downstairs, but that process has fallen a bit by the wayside over the past few weeks. There are only so many hours in my day!

Rut ro; the dogs are having some sort of fit downstairs. I'm guessing it's a delivery, better go see what we're getting!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Yesterday was a whirlwind! I did indeed do the thing I'd been putting off for ages, and now I'm just waiting for the other people to do their part. What a load off my shoulders!

I had an order come in mid-day and the person needed it "as soon as possible" (aka, definitely by x-mas!) so a scramble ensued to get the dozen glasses packed up and on their way to Phoenix via UPS. Fingers crossed for that one... I also have two more orders to go out today, one isn't needed by x-mas and I'm waiting to hear back on the other one as I might have to adjust the shipping method. So stressful -- I feel responsible for these things getting there timely, even though it's completely out of my control once I hand the packages over to the shipper. Ugh.

Today, after dealing with the orders of course, I have gifts to wrap for the people tonight who are throwing the party, and I also need to get the ferals' gifts done. I think we're going to try to put them under the tree this year as the little dog (who I have not so affectionally dubbed House Pi$$er) has been better since Liam really let him have it last time he lifted his leg inside. I guess if we put packages out and they get peed upon we'll know we were wrong!

I am going to bling it up for the party later! It's been so long since I really wore my any jewelry I might blind myself, LOL. I'm thinking definitely my studs, a ring on each hand, and perhaps a necklace (yet to be determined). If I go really crazy I could also trot out the tennis bracelet... but I have to remember when I put it LOL. I need to put two notes in my will in the event I keel over: tell PS, and look in EVERY drawer, shoe, pocket, and nook and cranny before before giving stuff to the Salvation Army!

Neptune has been giving me moi et toi advice and I am just chomping at the bit to start that project! Oh... and the art deco marquise ring with the black halo... and who knows what else... !!!

OK, I need to get up and stop looking at jewelry on-line. Instagram is the devil. :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, definitely real life sized melee vs exaggerated / enlarged melee is a CAD will appear quite different. Ilya does beautiful work for you so I bet it will be fine. It'll be a nice 2022 present for you. That's awesome you are already designing your next 2 projects in your head already.

The frozen goldfish sound pretty cool. Marty has some of those scotch rocks but like the goldfish they don't seem to keep your drink any colder than ice. It's rather strange as cold as I always am I like a ton of ice in my drinks.

Glad you are getting in a lot of training at work and good deal you go that project done, now to get everyone else to cooperate.

I bet getting your orders shipped in time for Christmas delivery can be challenging this time of year. Based on our deliveries FedEx and UPS gets things to us more quickly than the post office. You will definitely be subject to last minute shopping on line.

I sure hope it's safe to put presents under the tree - in a way I am glad I am allergic to dogs and cats because I would not be happy dealing with the messes they can leave behind. I barely can tolerate the messes the bigi, tall guy leaves behind. Ha Ha.

Good plan to pull out the bling for the party tonight! I sure hope you found your tennis bracelet. My MIL used to sew her jewelry in the hems of their drapes when they'd go on vacation. When we cleaned my parents house out we found cash in strange places. I guess it is a good idea to tell someone where you hide things but that's the fun in that. I tell our nieces and nephews whoever sucks up the least to us will be named executor of our estate and we aren't telling them boo.

I've been busy getting things ready for tomorrow. I got laundry done, make mini cheesecake and candy cane cookies. I took care of the stuff that accumulates on the dining room table and got out my Christmas dishes. Marty went shopping and got some of his pictures framed, has been downstairs wrapping presents and got my new Snoopy anchored in the front yard. Between baking projects I went out and topped off my gas tank. I also started on my January article for the paper.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, now my current anxiety is whether I should go prong vs. bezel. :lol: It never even occurred to me to sew things in the hems of my drapes -- thanks for planting that additional idea for places I can lose things! :cheeky: My tennis bracelet did turn up, although in the "wrong" jewelry box (I have one for good stuff and onefor not so good stuff), but at least I found it. How many people are you having over? Is everything ready? Can you send me a few of those mini cheesecakes... ? :bigsmile:

Yesterday I got my two orders packed up... and then a lady who has bought a ton of stuff from me (including that entire set of pink glass dishes) texted and asked me to help her with three gifts, so that threw off my entire day! After that box went to UPS I wrapped up the gifts for the people we were seeing last night. Really that was about all that gone done yesterday LOL. The party was fun, but the guys started playing pool and it went on tooooooo long...

Today I am going to pack up two orders that came in last night (no promises whatsoever on them getting there in time!) and then I'm going to a girls' brunch. There are about a dozen ladies that have been doing this for 20+ years and it will be good to see them since we obviously skipped it last year. I was debating whether I should come back to the north estate tonight or go into my place in the city because I've got deliveries at my building to pick up (gifts from my family), but I think I'll wait and make a run in on Wednesday just in case anything else shows up in my receiving room between now and then.

Ok, off like a prom dress!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, are you thinking bezel for pinkie or bezel for the halo? I thought the drape trick was a good one. When we used to host our star party every summer I used to take my jewelry and Marty's watches to my parent's house and my dad would stick it in their attic. Sometimes I would pack up all my "good" stuff and take it camping with us. That's great you found your tennis bracelet.

We had 14 people here today - everything went well. The mini cheesecakes were popular; I sent the remaining ones home with the relatives. I ate way too much - I need to go fix myself an alka seltzer. The spiral hams from Omaha Steaks were really good. Our white elephant gift exchange was fun. I was going to take pictures of the dinner table for you but completely forgot. The only disaster was when my nephews were taking care of the extra chairs they knocked a speaker on the floor and broke it. Hopefully Marty can get the parts to fix it - luckily I don't see that it dented the floor. Each year that speaker has almost got knocked over - this year it happened. Once we add the leafs in the dinning room table to seat 12 the end chairs get too close to the speakers.

I planned better this year on assortment of food so prep time and dishes took far less time. Woo hoo!

Nice the pink glass lady bought some more gifts. I see your ratings on Etsy are great. Sweet. Sounds like you had fun last night darn that pool delayed your departure. I thought of having our astronomy club meetings at our house and then nixed that idea because there is one guy that would stay and talk to Marty until the sunrise.

The girls brunch sounds like a lot of fun. I need to arrange something with an old friend of mine I've neglected far too long. I feel bad about it but think I'll call her next week. Once I retire I won't have any excuses.

I'm yawning and it's only 9:30. It was a long day. All those cookies and candies probably weren't that smart to eat but they tasted good.

LOL off like a prom dress.

Tomorrow is my last Monday at work. Woo hoo!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I'm glad to hear you survived your holiday gathering! Good for you for better planning. The clean up after an event like that can be enough to make you want to just burn the house down and be done with it, LOL. I'm thinking bezel around pinkie but the melee still prong set, so like it is in the last CAD. I just hope hope hope the bezel will be verrrrry thin... Oy. This custom jewelry stuff is enough to make me want to drink! :cheeky:

The brunch yesterday was fun but I really only ate some salad and the inside of an enchilada because everything else was carbs upon carbs. I feared that might be the case and put a protein bar in the car before I left. Boy was I glad to have that on the way home! I wrapped a few gifts when I got back last, but not a ton, and went to bed early(ish). Today I've got to run to the post office and UPS, and I have two trainings for work and a zoom call with a lady I met through my Etsy store. We decided it was only fitting to have a glass of wine "together" given my inventory! Speaking of inventory, I haven't listed anything for ages... I made the executive decision a week or so ago NOT to because I didn't want to end up on people's feeds and have them go, "Oh yah, I think I'll order some glasses and see if they somehow make it to Aunt Sally by X-mas!" Even if I get any photos done between now and Thursday when we leave to drive down to Missouri, I'm not posting them yet! I will need to change my banner after the holiday... not sure if I have my original picture though, so that might be a problem!

Alright, one of my work peeps is asking me questions so I better go see what I can do for him.

How many days now until you exit the workforce?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, this year's family dinner went so well I might cook the same thing next year! I was kind of sore once I got to bed last night and could not fall asleep. I was stiff and sore this morning but was better by noon. The only thing I needed to take care of tonight was the silverware that goes in the mancave. Woo hoo! LOL that it might be easier to burn down the house than clean up - I've had some years that might be easier. Reducing the number of items on the menu was a good call.

That is what I thought you were talking about onn the bezel but I wasn't sure. Maybe email Ilya that you want a thin bezel. Designing custom jewelry certainly can consume a lot of time and thought. My recent few projects have turned out as expected but I sure had some things made years ago that were no where near what I imagined. Strange I no longer have them either.

Good idea to have a protein bar handy in case the brunch was mostly carbs. I was up 2 pounds after yesterday but I am sure that will come back off. My sister gave me plain and peanut M&M's yesterday (the 1 pound bags) and i took them to work to give to a lady with lots of kids. I knew if I opened either bag I'd eat far too many of them.

How fun to have a zoom happy hour with one of your customers. Hopefully she'll be using one of the glasses she bought from you. That is probably smart to wait and post more items on your site after the holidays. It's way too late to get things shipped and delivered on time.

I've got 3 more days of work left. My desk is getting pretty bare.

Not much going on today. I am really tired right now since I didn't sleep well last night. Work was a bit crazy because they are cancelling a lot of games until after Christmas. I didn't get my lifting done yesterday so I did that when I got home today. I may as well switch to all week days now anyway.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I just tell myself that nothing can be so bad on a piece of jewelry that it can't be undone, LOL. Good call on taking the candy to work. I've had to do that on more than one occasion because I have verrrrry little (NO!) willpower. Three! Days! Left!!! Oh how I envy you!!!!!

Yesterday I did a few training sessions, and I think the rest will all got into next year. There was a problem with the DocuSign training log last week that held one guy up and now there are half a dozen people in the que to get it and pass it on. Ugh. Wish me luck with that! I've got one call today at 1:00 and a few things to update on a big spreadsheet, but I think that's about it.

Last night I THOUGHT I got all of the rest of the presents wrapped... but then I realized I didn't do the big joint one for the ferals. And frankly I don't really know where it went! We hid it away... and we might have done too good a job, ha ha. It's in a really big white box though so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Definitely too big to be sewn in the hem of the drapes!

I was emailing with the guy that I got Darth Vader from because he has a stone that caught my eye but (a) it might be too big -- even for me, and that's saying A LOT! and (b) it's red, and if I do anything red I really want it to be a ruby. So probably a no-go... but I'll send it to you anyway to see what you think.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get a bunch of things done downtown since I've go to pick up the packages in my receiving room anyway. I also got a shearling coat at a flea market last summer that needs to be cleaned and if the furrier is open I might try to drop that off. Otherwise I have no idea when that will happen! It's super heavy and I imagine really really warm, so it would be great to wear back and forth to work on the cold days when I walk. Aside from having wanted a shearling For.Ev.Er., the clincher was the sleeves are the right length for my short little pterodactyl arms , so at $50 I had to buy it!

After I get out of the shower today I need to try on my jeans again to see what I'm taking on the Missouri trip because once again (or maybe STILL!) I'm between sizes. The ones that fit me the best right now in the butt and thighs are lower rise and the waistband hits right at the muffin top, so that's not a good look! If I could just drop another 15 pounds between now and Thursday morning I'd be able to take my skinny jeans and all my problems would be solved! :lol: Maybe I'll take a run by the Salvation Army and see if there's anything I can shimmy into and I wouldn't feel bad spending a little $ on a pair or two that I might not wear too many times. I really wish Christopher and Banks still had a store at the local mall. I tried to order some jeans a few months ago from there, thinking they were exactly the same as what I had but just one size done, and they were not at all the same. Sending them back was a bit PITA too and the refund took ages, so no more of that!

Almost 8:30; time to get this show on the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you order that rhodolite? I love those garnets. I’ll send you a picture of my ring tonight. Seems like mine is about 8x10mm but I’ll measure it tonight.
You are right jewelry can always be tweaked or changed. My original opal ring have a base of vintage gold that was a full diamond shape and 3 small opals mounted on top. After I chipped all the opals I have blue topaz put in the prongs. And eventually sold the ring.
I am totally a cookie and candy monster so it’s best to get rid of it and not tempt me. I’m on a mission now. After today I have 2 days left. Sweet.
Good luck getting the Docusign training log. We had some 2 hour training course here that would freeze up at the end and not give you the confirmation notice. Luckily it didn’t happen to me.
I hope you found the ferals present. Nice that you got most of your presents wrapped. I have to wrap some for some friends and a few for Marty.
I hope you find what you want to wear for your trip. We lost of Christopher and Banks too. There was one about 60 miles away but I don’t know if it’s still there. They had a Coldwater Creek at that mall I like too. I don’t feel like spending a lot of money on clothes now either.
I am not bored at work. Takedowns and games cancelled continued. Keeps me busy. LOL.
It is insanely windy here today. Great.
Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I dug out my rhodolite garnets to wear tomorrow. :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I didn't order the stone... I'm so on the fence! When I think RED I think RUBY. But I'm also not sure how much I would wear a red stone, even if it WAS a ruby. Hm. Thinking... Tomorrow is your next to last day! Do you have everything packed up? Have you stolen all the office supplies you're going to need in the foreseeable future?! :lol:

Today did not unfold like I'd planned. Rather than get up super early and make the trip downtown I stayed in bed and then got on the road around 8:30, swinging by the post office to drop off packages on the way to the highway. Traffic was bad getting in. I did a little work stuff and then headed over to the furrier to drop off a couple of coats for cleaning. Then I went down and saw Ilya. He had an xmas gift for me, which was so sweet!!! I walked back to my condo, but I forgot that the receiving room lady takes a lunch break at a certain time so it was closed when I got back. After I cleaned up my condo a little she was open again and I grabbed the boxes and got in my car. I had a return at West Elm and there are only a few in the area so I decided to brave that on the way to the highway, but fortunately it wasn't bad at all in there. And then the drive back up north. Right now I've got a load of laundry in and when that's done I need to pack an order and get everything in my suitcase. Sister #1 just texted that we should plan to leave by 9 so I've got another morning drive into the city tomorrow. Better go get organized!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I still maintain that Marty was gone for a loooong time when he went to the restroom during that lunch! :lol: Last week I ran by the Kays in our local mall when I was looking for ideas and didn't see the bears. Are they out yet? Maybe I just missed them. There are a list of errands piling up for me too... but I don't know how many of them I'll get to today since I am (once again... or should I say, As Usual!) on a listing mission.

Yesterday Liam called me from the local auction and there there wasn't anything there I would want, but I swung by anyway... And six hours later I had a set of dishes, three sets of glasses, a little oval library table (no idea where to put that, either here or at my condo, but it was just so damn cute I had to buy it!), and an absolutely gorgeous wedding kimono that I'm going to hang on my wall downtown. There was an obi (the wide sash belt you wrap around a kimono) on the to pf the box and I could tell there was other stuff underneath but I didn't want to pull it all out there in the crowded space and on the dirt floor, so I took a chance and got it for $15. When I opened it all up at home I was astonished! It is really large (they way they had it crammed in there -- ugh!) and the colors are super vibrant. There was also a receipt in the bottom of the box for $2,200. Who knows what that means, but the whole thing is definitely worth more than the $15 I paid! My plan is to hang it on the wall opposite the opening to my kitchen. I'd really love to put it above my couch, but I think it's just too big. I'll see if I can get you some sort of photo. It's just laying over the back of the couch right now, but at least you can see the colors.

Still waffling on Pinkie. One minute I'm all split-shank double halo, and the next I'm m toi et moi. Actually I'm so intrigued by the TEM idea that I might have one made with other stones even if I don't go this way with Pinkie. Because... yanno... I need more rings! :cheeky:

Alright, I hear my coffee coming up the stairs. Time to get rolling!

Sorry late to this thread. The Japanese wedding kimono is called an ‘uchikake’. They usually have a large red silk roll on the bottom. I’ve seen a white roll too. I used to have one hanging in my stairwell as I did not have a wall tall and wide enough for it to be hung with the long sleeves extended. They are quite heavy to hang too so make sure you find the studs in your wall. Mine was taken down when we painted and a hook broke off and we never got around to putting it back up. They are truly beautiful and works of art. Would love to see a picture of yours.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Interesting info @lambskin

Dee Jay, if I had a choice I'd pick ruby over garnet any day of the week but I do really like garnets. I am wearing my rubies tomorrow. My rhodolite is a very raspberry color. I had some garnets but gave them to a friend of mine who said I never wear red - yet she wears the garnets all the time. I definitely tend to wear blue stones more than anything else.

You certainly had a very busy day - that makes one of us. Being a short timer I didn't really do much work but I did answer questions and nag at my employees a few times.

Safe travels on your trip tomorrow!

So now I'm 18 hours away from retiring. All sort of people are coming out of the woodwork to wish me well; some are rather surprising who I rarely even know or talk to on a regular basis. One of Marty's former employees was trying to talk me in doing a grand exit like slap someone, throw something, yell at someone or send out a great see ya email. Too funny! A good friend of mine is now referring to me a QB - Quitter *itch - ha ha.

I did manage to read an entire book this week which I finished tonight.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry late to this thread. The Japanese wedding kimono is called an ‘uchikake’. They usually have a large red silk roll on the bottom. I’ve seen a white roll too. I used to have one hanging in my stairwell as I did not have a wall tall and wide enough for it to be hung with the long sleeves extended. They are quite heavy to hang too so make sure you find the studs in your wall. Mine was taken down when we painted and a hook broke off and we never got around to putting it back up. They are truly beautiful and works of art. Would love to see a picture of yours.

Lambie, thank you so much for the info! I ended up hanging this on the wall outside my kitchen. Frankly it's probably too large there, but I love it and that's the only place so I have decided to go with it! Yes, there is a thick red roll at the bottom, and it's definitely a heavy piece! We put it up with wall anchors and a curtain rod. The perspective on this picture is odd; the thing is not really hanging clear down to the ground!

129543E7-C307-4DEA-B378-7D436A384C13.jpeg 56FB5EB4-6473-4801-8DA1-57CC693EE8C4.png

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I am down to the last 2.5 hours. My boss left me 5 huge retirement balloons. Those will be fun getting in my car in this wind. He also got me a nice little engraved jewelry box. Very cool. His card was funny. It was about the 2 words that sum up me leaving - it sucks. Ha ha.

Card night at our house today. Then a lazy weekend.

Laters,
Curby #quitter

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy x-mas eve kids!

Curby, how's retirement? Did you get the balloons in the Curbymobile? Are you bored yet? :lol:

We made it to Missouri with a minimum of angst, although I got on the highway going north instead of south after the first stop for gas. Fortunately the next exit was only a few miles down the road and I swung us around. Oy. Then we started seeing a ton of troopers right over the rise of hills. Sister number one asked "how fast are you going?" I looked at the speedometer and dialed back a little, but I said, "geez Gerri, I'm only 15 over the limit. That's not even a felony." She laughed so hard I though she was going to pee herself. I don't see what's so funny?!? She said the most alarming part was that I even knew that. :cheeky:

Today (after I get some coffee in me!) I am going into the laundry room and I'm not coming out until Everything Is Wrapped! Hopefully come noon someone will slide a plate of cheese and crackers under the door so I can keep my strength up!

Alright, time to go assess the paper and bow and box situation while the French press works its magic.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas
1640451749158.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day after Ho Ho Ho!

Curby, I'm with Snoopy! The past three solid days have been like that, LOL.

Well we all survived. I probably shouldn't speak too soon because we have yet to eat breakfast (!!!) and get out the door, but it's looking promising. Santa was good to us and I got a lot of stuff... none of which I needed of course! I'm hoping it all fits in the car; I mean, stuff comes in, stuff goes out -- there should be some level of equilibrium, right?! Hopefully we'll be on the road soon... but there's no rushing this crew so that part is out of my hands.

Better go make one more sweep and make sure I didn't leave anything behind!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Belated Christmas!,

I hope everyone had a fantastic day and you were surrounded by those you hold dear. We had a great day with my brother and sister-in-law. It was a beautiful day, weather wise, though I would have preferred it a bit cooler. At least it wasn't hot and humid.

I don't know if you knew our holiday dinner tradition is Lobster, and steamer clams from Maine. We've been doing this for years now. And the dinner was superb. My brother and I each had a 4 pounder and Charlie and SIL each had a 2.5 pounder. All accompanied by the potato salad recipe my mother worked on for years and spinach balls, which are super yummy as a side dish or an appetizer. My SIL made a homemade Apple pie, which is usually not very good, but this year it was a real winner. A nice day indeed!

One of my bosses gave me a fantastic solid 316L stainless steel band for my new Apple Watch and I like it so much, Charlie is ordering another one from the same manufacturer (who has bands made in the same factories Swiss companies have their bands made in). We shared some nice simple gifts Christmas morning, but didn't go overboard this year.

With the Omicron, variant spreading everywhere, we're not going to spend much time out there until this surge starts to wind down. We don't go out for New Years Eve, anywhere and I already bought Pate and some of the most gargantuan shrimp I've ever found for that evening.

I'm off work this week, which is going to be a nice break. The only time I've taken off this year was to recover from my Covid battle. So having time off without disease will be much nicer.

That's about all the news from this corner of the universe. Again, I hope all had a great day yesterday and Santa treated you well.

Your friend,

Rod

Ps: Marcy, super WOO HOO to you last week at work!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the fact I'm retired has not really hit me yet - Tuesday morning it's going to set in. Getting the balloons in the car had to be an amusing show - I would get 2 in the car and 3 would pop out; then vice versa - I bet it took me about 2 minutes to get it accomplished. Stupid wind! I was amused. Funny story - Marty immediately took the balloons downstairs and told me not to lift until Friday. About 6:15 when I am expecting our friends for cards to show up - people started showing up from work for a surprise to me retirement party. It was a small group but nice. I am not bored yet.

Glad you were only committing a misdemeanor speeding violation on your way to Missouri. That is pretty funny! 15 miles over the speed isn't that bad. Lots of the highways in Wyoming are now 85 so that puts me at 100, right?

Sadly I've also been eating like Snoopy for a few days too - tomorrow I'm cleaning up my act again.

Did you get all of your presents in the car? I can't say I got anything I needed either but hey it's Christmas! Safe travels going home!

@Rod it sounds like you had a great Christmas day and yes I remember you have lobsters and clams for dinner. Good deal the apple pie was delicious this year. We had my chocolate chip cheesecake with mixed berries on top. It was pretty tasty as well.

What a great Christmas gift from your boss for your Apple watch. We didn't go overboard on presents this year either but we bought new camera lenses last month and Marty has a new camera being shipped right now.

Enjoy your week off. Marty took off the last 2 weeks of the month but he spent most of this week working on my surprises to me party.

So my retirement officially began at 5:05 Thursday when I logged in and approved my employees time cards. They killed my email access pretty much by 5:06 pm. The surprise party was at 6:30 and we had quite a few people come and visit for 60 to 90 minutes. Marty put up some nice decorations and had some snacks for everyone. After the work gang left our friends stayed and we played cards and consumed too much adult beverages till about midnight. It was fun.

Friday I did my lifting and wrapped my last presents and baked a cheesecake for Saturday.

We woke up to white Christmas - about 6 inches of it. Marty got to try out his new snow blower. He said it was worth every penny. We opened presents and I made us ham and cheese scrambled eggs for breakfast. We watched TV movies and went over to some friends house about 4:30 for dinner. They had crab legs, scallops, filet and cheesy scalloped potatoes for dinner. We played games until about 10 pm and ventured home.

Today we went out for breakfast and had a grilled sirloin cap and baked potato for dinner. Snow has been falling off and on today.

I got my January article ready to review then send it off tonight. The local paper had a great article about Marty yesterday because one of his gym clients nominated him for a series they run called unsung heroes. She is 80 years old has been trained by him for about 4 years now. Very cool.

Laters,
Curby

Some of my party pictures
IMG_1311.JPG IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1314.JPG IMG_1315.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, as always, your Christmas dinner sounds absolutely delicious! As for new years, I'm with you on not going out. A nice meal and some prosecco is just fine with me! Any plans for this week off work? If you run out of things to do I'd be happy to put you to work around here, starting with listing the thousand pieces of glass in the dining room!

Curby, surprise retirement party -- awesome! LOL on them cutting off your access at 5:06. Is your "replacement" all up and running? Are we taking bets on what time the first call comes in?! I'm guessing about fifteen minutes after the office opens -- thirty minutes max!

The drive home yesterday wasn't so bad, but by about the six hour mark we had all pretty much talked ourselves out. After getting back to my friends' place and unloading their car / reloading my car I had another hour and a half drive up north. I was looking forward to a nice relaxing drive with my audio book but Liam was headed back from Iowa with the ferals and he was tired so I talked to him the whole way to keep him alert. When I got here I had four orders to pack, and was looking forward to going to bed early but somehow ended up keeping the youngest feral company while he did a Bob Ross chia pet that I got for Liam as a joke. I've never done one and it's quite a process! And quite a MESS... ! We'll see in a couple of days how that turns out.

This morning I have to send one thing to my boss and pack up an order that came in overnight. Then I got "volunteered" to take one of the ferals to Costco to buy some AirPods. I've also got to run by the place where I get my packing materials and pick up some boxes and then get to UPS and the post office. It's going to be a busy day, and the thing I want to do the most (list and clean up the backlog) is nowhere to be seen on the agenda. Maybe tomorrow... ha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope my replacement is ready to jump right in tomorrow morning - I'll let you know when I get the first call or text. Marty told me I shouldn't even answer them but I will. I did see an error on a PPV movie - not my problem anymore.

Glad the trip home was uneventful and good idea that you talked to Liam to keep him awake on his way home. That is a big help when you are tired and driving home. I took Dayquil one time - which drops my IQ like 40 points - and I had a margarita in Fort Collins - BAD IDEA!!! I had to call a friend in California to talk to me while I drove home because I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Let me know how the chia pet turns out - I have no artistic ability so mine would be a disaster.

Was Costco a zoo today? I have the original version of AirPods and Marty has the new ones. Marty got me a little Bose bluetooth speaker to use in my gym downstairs for Christmas - that little speaker sounds pretty good.

Good deal you sent off several orders. I'll have to check your page to see if you have new items listed.

Marty's new camera showed up today. It's setting on the coffee table right now - I might have to take a few pictures again.

My first day or "retirement" was uneventful. I slept until 7:30. Did dishes, cooked lunch, almost finished a puzzle, spent 40 minutes on the phone waiting customer service (such fun) and lifted.

Most of the state has been closed due to snow, ice and wind - we had sun here today but the snow is still blowing around. Winter has arrived!

Laters,
Curby #itsfuntobelazy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, welcome to Day Two! Are you bored yet?!

ETA: I have no idea why this posted... I have so much more *exciting* stuff to say (HA!). To be continued in the next post...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, back to Curby. I would answer the calls too; it's just not in me NOT to, so I totally get it. In every job I've ever left I've had calls come in for ages afterward... sometimes for YEARS afterward. One job that I left in 2012 I STILL get calls from my assistant. No joke. And I STILL answer her questions -- and always will! Nothing new has been posted on my page for almost a month, but I WILL correct that this week. Today though the first mission involves cleaning up the X-mas explosion downstairs. Then, and only then, can I think about doing anything else! Costco yesterday was completely civilized. I'm really concerned about this store (not being facetious when I say this) because it is NEVER really busy. I do tend to go in the middle of a weekday, but even yesterday it was completely fine. As I approached the checkout there was a lady waving her arm to get people to come to her empty register. Liam is of the theory that people in this area are either too cheap to pay for the membership fee, or if they are willing to pay a fee they already joined the Sams Club, which has been in the area for ages. I really really hope this store doesn't close!

Yesterday I was busy all day... but couldn't tell you exactly what I did other than a trip to Costco and then a run to the post office and UPS. We went to dinner with friends who used to live beside Liam but moved to Ohio a couple of years ago. And then I went to be EARLY... and it was GLORIOUS!

So... I'm thinking of doing something crazzzzzy! I've got a GIANT pile of little bits of wrapping paper. You know; the bits that are left after you wrap a bigger box and you just can't bring yourself to throw them away? And then, the next year, when you are wrapping something small and you have the PERFECT size piece and it's such a little *thrill*?! Well... I've got like a hundred of those bits of paper... and the pile gets bigger every year... and I'm thinking I might just throw them away because digging through there to find that perfect piece is so annoying, despite the resulting thrill. Just putting that out there so you understand the level of wackiness that might happen here today! WOAH!!! Hold your hat on Sally! :lol:

Almost ready to get up. Almost!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am always kind of bored but easily entertained. I did get a 500 piece puzzle done in less than 24 hours. Marty just downloaded Photoshop Lightroom Classic for me so now I can go watch tutorials and play with that. I slept in until 7:30 - it's fun (so far) being a lady of leisure. Good thing too it's 25 degrees outside and feels like 15 - can't wait to go run errands. NOT!!!

Yes, I am right there with you on helping out former employees and co-workers. I used to stop by the photo shop where I worked before this job on Saturdays and I'd set down and help them print or inspect photos and even helped in the store. The boss would walk by and do a double take but other than just chatting with me he never said a work. Now this job would be a bit more difficult getting in - they have security gates and you need a badge to access places but I still bet one of my bosses would say "let her in". So far today I've heard NOTHING. My boss usually tells my employees not to bother me on my days off so I am sure he relayed the same message to them now that I am retired.

LOL to Christmas explosion - and I can totally picture that. When my family got together including my sister's kids it was insane how many gifts there were to open. Hope you get that mess cleaned up. Marty and I had one garbage bag from paper, bows and boxes. Not bad for 2 of us.

That is too bad Costco isn't busy there - I was in one in Maryland with my in-laws. It seemed way larger than Sams Club - which is what we have here. I know they have them in Colorado but we've never ventured in to one. I need to make a paper products run to Sams Club - I might be down to a couple of months supply. I guess I'm technically hoarding those precious commodities now but I only buy one at a time.

I too have that pile of leftover small and assorted sizes and shapes of gift wrap and yes you never know when they'll come in handy but I agree that stack can get out of control. I need to stock up on bows before next year too; my supply is pretty weak and lame these days. I always drop a few jingle bells in gifts that are in boxes. You could always tell who our presents were from if they jingled. Sams Club used to have this awesome huge bag of assorted bows and they quit carrying them a few years ago. I get the bags at Walgreens or Target now and they are all smashed up to begin with. Phooey.

We are going out to eat Mexican food in a while and then stop at the bank. Don't have any other plans so far. I give myself till Thursday before I'm totally bonkers.

Laters,
Curby #whatdoIdonow?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I am SHOCKED you haven't been called yet!!! Placing my bet for today! I did get the xmas mess cleaned up downstairs and now I just need Liam to put the big heavy tubs back in the storage room. I could probably push them in there one at a time... but why?! I also managed to get up a couple of listings. Nothing major, but I have to start somewhere, right? I also lined up a new batch of glasses to redo the big banner at the top of my page. That of course created a whole new mess, but I guess I should have expected that. So getting that done is Mission One. Then I'm making a roast in the crock pot. I've been reading about searing it first before you put it in. Do you do that? Who knows how this will turn out... I just hope it's at least edible, LOL.

Yesterday our weather turned and we got the first snow of the season. I went out and cleaned off my car in the afternoon. It was still coming down but I figured if I stayed on top of it a little it wouldn't be too bad at the end because I just hate it when it's all heavy snow and ice on the windshield/windows. The sun is out today, but it's cold.

My goal is to be downstairs and productive by 9 and it's already 8:37 so I better head for the shower!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I did check out your site this morning - it's looking good.

Once again no call or text from work - I'm betting my boss flat out told them not to bother me. Since I'm a "quitter" you know. Ha Ha. And yes I am BORED already.

Nice you got the Christmas mess cleaned up and packed up. I packed up my 7 little LED plastic trees that set on the fireplace. Tomorrow I'll pack up our "greeters" - a big Snoopy and Snowman. Friday I'll pack up the Christmas village. Why go crazy in one day?

How did your roast turn out? I have seared roasts before cooking them in the oven and crock pot - I can't say I noticed much difference. That does sound good though. I might pick up a roast tomorrow.

Is it still snowing there? How much snow did you get? We will make it above freezing finally tomorrow but Friday the temperatures drop again with more snow expected. I have a hair cut scheduled Saturday morning - I might change it to a warmer day. Ha Ha. The high for Saturday is 17 and that's before wind chill is factored in. I'll see if Marty can drop me off since it's Saturday morning.

We watched the 4th Jason Bourne movie today and a few Kevin Costner movies. Tomorrow I thought we'd go out to breakfast then go to Sam's Club. I did look at knitting and crochet patterns today. Everyone I know might get a hat.

I must be getting old because I got a notice hey your light bill is due in a few days - I had it entered in my checking account but never actually went online and paid the bill. Sadly I never noticed it hadn't cleared yet - I paid it on bill pay then got nervous it wouldn't get there in time due to the holidays so paid it on their website as well. My mind is either failing or I'm so distracted lately I can't remember what the heck I'm doing. With a double payment our next bill won't be too bad with all the Christmas lights we have outside.

My last check stub was posted today and I did get my almost 6 weeks of vacation I had accrued - woo hoo! My last check.

Next I have to move my 401K to our credit union and then I think I'm done with post work stuff. Yay!

Marty's new camera has a leveler right on the screen. Fancy!

Curby
#Iamboredalready

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, the roast was GREAT! Not sure if it was due to searing it beforehand or the load of mushrooms and onions I put in at the end though LOL. We've got plenty left over for today too, so the "what are we going to have for dinner?" question is answered! It snowed a tiny bit more yesterday, but nothing really of note. I think in total we only got a few inches, but it's that hard crunchy stuff now because it was so wet and then the temperature dropped. I need to find my long ice scraper because when I had to go out yesterday and using the little one it was a big PITA. Plus I can't reach the middle of the windshield, ha ha. I have all my bills on autopay or else I'd be in the same boat every single month! And speaking of utilities, Liam was snipered by a $250 gas bill and a $150 electric bill last month. Hi comment was that usually when one goes up (gas) the other goes down (electric). Uh... USUALLY people don't live in houses where the children leave lights on literally 24 hours a day. Whenever I get up to pee in the middle of the night I can see the lights on under the door in the bedroom! And he is guilty of NEVER turning the lights of in the basement. I think they've been on continuously for the four years I've known him!

Yesterday I got eight listings up. Well, OK, three of those were from a set of dishes I had to break up because I didn't get any salad plates (so dinner plates, bowls and cups and saucers). At long last I can see actual progress in the dining room! If I continue at this pace we might be able to eat in there by Easter. :lol:

I never did find a good place to put my glasses yesterday to try to retake the banner pic. I'll try again today since it's not sunny so maybe the glare/reflection problem will be less.

Alright, up and at 'em!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results