shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I sure hate to hear your back is still so bad. I understand wanting to avoid the doctor. I hate to think the doctor would want to restrict your activities. I sure hope you get better. I know what you mean about it's hard to want an upgrade on your rings. I keep thinking about getting a different ring or different anniversary band but when I try different combos on I just don't like them as well. I think the bracelet you got is a perfect size. I haven't heard from Marty yet tonight so I am all sad. His boss is over here from the UK so probably a bunch of them went out to supper. He gets home Friday then leaves again Sunday and then comes home next Wednesday. Glad to hear Matt is only gone for a short time next week.

I think I'll start getting ready for bed. Then maybe read a chapter or two.

Marcy

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Hello Marci, deegee, and Sharon,

I'm going through this thread trying to figure out what it is :) please forgive my ignorance. Is this a thread where people check in everyday with their activity/food log to help encourage themselves (and others) to stay healthy? Or is it something else? I'm having a hard time motivating myself to lose a some extra pounds, maybe a daily public check-in is what I need :)

Thanks.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

FridayC--this thread has evolved, once there were many posters talking about exercising, eating, lifestyle patterns that promoted wellness, etc, etc. People have moved on...but everyone is welcome!

Personally, I don't "check" in everyday--it isn't a "blog" for "me". But do what you feel would work for you!

MOnday I did yin/yang yoga, Tue ran at the pool/deep water, and ran on the treadmill. Wed went for a 10K walk outside and today I did the restorative yoga program and errands. Taking a break from working, I get to have fun exercising--I've missed it! Except for the hosuework....I never miss taht! (it gets ignored....heheee)

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Fridays Child. As Sharon says this thread has changed and evolved but you can make it whatever you want to be. It’s good to just check with each other to see what we are doing and also as a place to post workouts and food for the day. We will sure be here to encourage you, help you and cheer you on. It’s hard to be motivated but I am a firm believer in slow and steady is the best process. I’ll be anxious to hear more about your plans.

I used to be very obese and lost over 160 pounds by eating 1200 calories a day. I’ve put some of that weight back on and my extra skin finally firmed up so I am not happy with my progress these days but I continue to work on it one day at a time. I am not as strict as I used to be and I need to get out my food scale and start weighing out my food again. I like to go for walks for exercise but have neglected them this winter. I recently had a tooth pulled so have cut back on food for about a week now and I notice my pants are already getting loose. That is good! Since it’s hard to eat, I can only eat soft food and I am tired of eating the same thing I am not snacking and I always seem to be hungry so maybe this tooth extraction is just the kick in the behind I need!

Sharon, how nice to take a break from work. You are sure getting in some great workouts though. Yay for ignoring housework. I succeeded at doing that this week. I figure I’ll work on it Sunday when I have nothing better to do.

My day was busy and I did something pretty stupid so had to spend some time with my boss and HR. Sigh, my blood pressure is pegged and I feel really, really bad. I sent a text to the wrong person and my apology was not accepted. I did get in a lot of walking though going back and forth between HR.

After work I picked up a few things at the grocery store. Breakfast was 2 pieces of wheat toast and some peaches. Lunch was a soft shell taco and 3 chips. Supper was 1/2 of a small cheese pizza.

Marty will be home tomorrow. I need a hug.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh marcy-hugs to you. Marty will give you a great big bear hug when he gets home and you'll feel better. I'm sorry to hear about your
lousy day. And you're eating like a bird these days! Don't worry, I seem to be picking up your slack. I'm really discouraged with my back. Today was a really bad day as far as pain and being able to get around. I remember when I first started posting here that Rod was going through physical therapy for a back injury. I wonder how he's getting along.

Sharon-you sure do get a variety of exercise in! That's awesome.

Fridays Child-I like to check in each day to keep myself on track and see what others are doing. Sometimes it gives me ideas of things to try. I lost 65 pounds and have kept 55 of it off for more than 2 years, and I'd like to get rid of that other 10 again. I've been sedentary for the last month due to my lousy back, but am looking forward to getting moving again. Marcy always inspires me to try to do better! I lost weight by joining weight watchers, and having to weigh in each week in front of the scrawny little weight watchers leader was what I needed to get myself going. It kept me honest.

Food was okay today. I had greek yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, a cup of chili for lunch, and a salad and turkey sandwich for dinner. All snacks today were fruit-a banana mid-morning, and apple in the afternoon, and grapes after dinner. I guess I need to eat really light since I'm not able to exercise right now. I'm so happy tomorrow is Friday. I don't think I could make it another day...even though I missed work on Monday. It's been a long week anyway. I'm off to bed. Goodnight!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I hope you & Marty have a wonderful, relaxing evening! Quickie quesion...do you have a jewel jet, and do you clean your tennis bracelet with it? (sorry, 2 quickie questions)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Marty got home today. Yay! I have to get his laundry done tomorrow since he leaves again Sunday.

Work was a little better today but still not fun. We met some friends for a drink after work then i picked up fast food on the way home from the bar. We watched “Down Periscope” when we got home and are catching up on some Big Bang Theory.

Snow is moving in on Saturday night. Winter will be back for a few days.

Deegee, yes I have a jewel jet and I do clean my bracelets with it. I only use it every couple of weeks but I soak my jewelry at night after I wear it in diluted Windex or the pink jewelry cleaner. What I do with bracelets it kind of hold them from the side with the rubber tweezers. I do sometimes drop it but it falls in the little basket below it. I hate to hear your back was so bad today. I hope you are doing better tomorrow. I miss Rod. The last I heard from him he was busy and doing good.

I did pretty good on food today. I had wheat toast for breakfast, some fresh fruit for break, the other 1/2 of my small pizza for lunch and a small burger for supper. I can tell my stomach has shrunk because I can’t eat as much these days but that is a good thing. See my tooth problem was a good thing. When Marty asked me what was for supper I said either pasta or ground beef. Ha Ha.

Well, take care and have a great and healthy weekend.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Marty got up very early to play golf. I worked on laundry and started working on a program for our astronomy club. The internet is awesome. You just google images or info and you've got it. I thought I'd do a program on the solar system. I could have used some of the power points I used when I taught school but decided I wanted to just make up something new. I found little fun facts and got a lot of pictures to use.

Marty called me about 11:15 so I met him for a drink then we went to lunch. We were going to go out with friends tonight but this guys wife is one of those fragile headachy moody ladies and usually backs out of thing so we had leftovers and watched TV. Marty is heading out again tomorrow anyway.

Food today wasn't bad today. Breakfast was a swiss cheese, canadian bacon and wheat toast, lunch was 1/2 of a burger and fruit and supper was 2 cheese raviolis and a french roll.

We have snow moving in tonight. Aak. It should melt fast tomorrow.

Marcy :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I made us a big breakfast. Marty had to leave about 11:15 to get to the airport on time. I made potatoes, eggs, bacon and canned biscuits. I had a sandwich for lunch and don't know what I'll do for supper yet. I am going to a 1st communion party later so will maybe pick up a soft shell taco on the way home.

I ordered both of us a pen. Marty always picks out a new pen for Christmas and I always get something cute and pink for myself. I had a 25% off to an online pen store so I ordered something and of course he wanted another pen for himself. I got a blue and white stripped Parker. I have been taking so many notes at work I am tired of using Bics. Lol.

The snow never materialized but it's very chilly and windy.

I am watching Top Gear today. That show makes me laugh. I think I'll get in some reading this afternoon.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aak! The shank on my EC RHR snapped in 1/2 when I was taking the ring off. Good thing it's under warranty. Too bad I have to take it to Denver.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-eek! I can't believe your ring broke! I hope you can find the time to get to Denver soon to get it fixed or replaced. I usually use the pink stuff for my jewelry, but I may have to try to diluted windex. I was truly amazed with how much different my ring looked after the jeweler cleaned and polished it. I swear I clean it every day! I can't seem to find my jewel jet. It has disappeared along with my neti pot. They were both in the cabinet under my kitchen sink. I had to move things out last year when we got the new countertops and sink, and I can't find the box of stuff anywhere. I have a bad feeling that it went the way of the other trash and debris when the contractor was cleaning up. It was pobably a good thing that you didn't go out with the fragile lady and that you and marty had an evening at home. I have come to cherish those evenings with Matt! I don't see how Marty has the energy to get out and play gold so early after he has been traveling. I hope this is a short trip for him.

I accomplished my goal of doing almost nothing this weekend. It felt great, too. Yesterday we ended up going to a restaurant in KY near where my family lives. Afterwards we stopped by my niece's softball game and took the girls out for icecream. Today I rested a lot. We went to eat and went grocery shopping. I picked up around the house because the cleaners come tomorrow, and they definitely won't pick things up...they just clean around stuff. We walked 2 miles this evening. I thought I'd be okay since I had a lot of rest today, but my back swelled and I have ice on it right now. I'm determined to show my back that I'm the boss and that it is not going to get me down again. Matt is leaving bright and early in the morning but should be home by Wednesday. The company car he ended up with this time doesn't have satellite radio so I made him a couple of cd's to listen to while he's driving. He hasn't heard my Florence + The Machine cd's before. He'll either like them, or think I've gone nuts for listening to her music. Until this past October, I listened to screamo. That should beat screamo, I think. Have a great day tomorrow!

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Your weight loss stories are amazing, kudos to you!!! I don't have anything to add to the thread right now, so I will just participate by reading :) I haven't worked out in 3-4 weeks or so, and once I've fallen off, it's hard to get back on. I am telling myself I WILL workout by the end of this day. That will be my first baby step :) (PS deegee good for you for having a weekend off, and marcy sorry your ring broke!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. :wavey: I got to bed early (for me) last night and was just falling asleep when Marty texted me from Vegas and woke my up. At least he told me he had just bought me a present. I’ll see what it is when he gets home Wednesday. He got himself a new laptop bag that is expandable so it’s probably something like a purse, billfold, case or something like that.

I decided I’ve had it with toast for breakfast so I slowly ate my baggie of dry cheerios at work this morning. I loved every bite of it too. I had a banana for break. Lunch was a lean cuisine and some peaches. Supper was 2 crispy tacos and a chocolate ww bar.

I got my performance appraisal today. Yay for a nice one and a modest raise. After my stupid attack last week I have been pretty shaken and thinking I have no business being in charge of anything but my overall success rate is much higher than my failures. I was thinking of becoming more strict but that’s just not my style and I guess I’d rather be taken advantage of than make myself and the rest of the team miserable. My boss and I talked for quite awhile so I came out of our meeting feeling somewhat better. I always tell my employees I know how to do our job in my sleep but I am still a novice at being a manager.

Deegee, that’s right - show your back who is boss! Glad you got in a nice walk this weekend. I hope you find your jewel jet. I don’t use my too often but I notice a difference when I do use it. I also clean my jewelry every day but when the jeweler cleans and polishes them I can see they come back cleaner and more sparkly than before. I am glad you had an easy weekend. That is nice Matt is only away for a few days. Did you download any of the Vince Flynn books? I hope you like them. I am about 1/2 way through the first book American Assassin.

Fridays Child, thanks for the kudos. I struggle every day to try and eat right and make sure I take that extra step but as long as I keep trying I figure I am ahead. It is hard to get back in to a routine like working out once you’ve taken a break from it but those baby steps are moving in the right direction. You will find what works for you.

Thank you ladies for commiserating with me on my ring breaking. It is one of my favorite rings I will miss wearing it till I get it fixed. I know I can send it in to be fixed but that kind of makes me nervous. I hope they just put a new shank on it but since it’s a warranty repair i will take what they decide to do. I need to go shopping there soon anyway for my birthday present.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Worked out pretty hard yesterday--my legs are sore today. Had planned on yoga, but don't think I'll push it. Another class on Thur--so that will work instead.

Would have walked outside today ---but light snow. So I'll wash the floor today.... :((

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I don't mind snow this time of year. It goes away fast. Good idea to get some housework done and stay in where it's warm.

Work was really busy again. Breakfast was Cheerios and peaches. Lunch was a cheese sandwich and a few crackers. Supper was a junior cheeseburger and a baked potato.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day.

Work was busy with assorted issues, problems and work.

Marty is on his way home right now. Sweet.

Breakfast was Cheerios, peaches, lunch was a sandwich and a few crackers and supper was pasta.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! I have been having internet problems all week and Matt wasn't here to fix it. My 3G was painfully slow for data, so I have been playing games every evening on my ipad instead of searching the internet. Matt is home and all is back to normal now. I had yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, leftover spaghetti for lunch, and we stopped at Cracker Barrel for dumplings and green beans for dinner. I needed chocolate today, so we split a piece of double chocolate Coca Cola cake. The rain has let up, I plan to walk at least a mile this evening. I'm doing exactly as instructed-anti-inflammatory meds & ice for 20 minutes before walking, and ice for 20 minutes every hour until I go to bed afterwards. Seems like a lot for just a mile, but I have to start somewhere.

marcy-ooh! Is Marty back yet? I can't wait to hear what he bought you! You guys are so sweet to each other. I'm glad to hear you got a good evaluation and a raise. It was in the paper today about how we had a 6 yr salary freeze under the previous gov and that there have only been around 600 raises approved under the current gov. A very low number considering the total number of state workers there are. Spend your raise on something fun! Any ideas on what you want for your birthday? Matt asked today if I wanted to get a new ipad and give my current one to my mom (I was planning to buy her an ipad 2 with just wi-fi for mother's day. I don't see her spending the money for a data plan for a 3G version.) he thinks she would be more inclined to accept it instead of a new one, and he's probably right. It's a joke in my family that everyone lines up for my hand-me-downs. Anyway, what would you say the major improvements are for the new one? Glad you got to eat your Cheerios. That has always been my favorite cereal. I did download American Assasin, but I haven't started it. I have been playing games in the evenings instead of reading. I go through spells where I can't read enough, and then spells where I just want to play games. I'm sure the reading mood will hit me again soon.

Hi sharon & fridays child! I hope you're well!

Have a great day tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, glad you are finding the way to get in a walk and not flare up your back too much. Glad to hear Matt got home and got your internet fixed for you. I am lost if something goes wrong like that when Marty is gone. Chocolate coca cola cake sounds good; I wonder if I can get that for breakfast sometime? We usually only eat there on the way to Denver. We are the family and friend hand me downs too. I don't regret for a minute spending the money on the new iPad. The screen resolution is really noticeable on text and pictures. I think it is a bit quicker but I didn't have any complaints before. I like the microphone for dictation but I don't use it too often. Just the fact it is the only way your mom will get an iPad makes it worth it. I don't notice it is heavier or warmer than the iPad 2 which was a lot of the original complaints. I notice the better camera works before for FaceTime. I have quite a few things I want to look in to for my birthday. Among them are a larger emerald cut diamond on my RHR, a larger Kentucky Blue Sapphire in a new RHR, a new ruby RHR, a new ering with my current diamond, a different anniversary band, upgrade my sapphire bracelet and of course anything else that strikes my fancy. I like their orange sapphires and have thought about getting slightly larger studs. I love being able to just upgrade. Poor Marty will be spending a LOT of time waiting for me to check through all of the above.

Yes, Marty did get home a little while ago. He got me print of "Salute" by Tom Everhart. I absolutely love Snoopy. They have some originals in Vegas so Marty always goes and looks at them when he is there. A few years ago he got me a poster of the "Last Supper". I'll attach a photo of my new print.

Sharon, did your snow melt yet?

Friday's Child, how are you doing?

Take care.
Marcy

SnoopySalute.JPG

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad I found this thread! I'm trying to make a few healthy lifestyle changes too. Starting simple I guess.! First I'm taking a good walk everyday. I'm starting with 10 to 12 blocks depending on the day. A big circle from my house and back again. Some days i get a lot of walking in anyway but on those days that I don't I really want to get out and walk. Second I'm trying to remember to eat lots of vegetables and salads. It makes a big difference in the way I feel. So getting some veggies or salads with lunch and dinner and some fruit with my breakfast. I already don't eat processed foods but I'm heavy on the grains excluding wheat. I am sensitive to it.

I have some health problems that are related to chronic fatigue ( well CFS is the diagnosis I was given, I get flair ups of joint pain, headaches, fatigue etc) and I noticed when I do the above I notice a difference so that's my motivation.

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone, I'm sorry I haven't checked in lately!

Innerkitten - welcome!

Marcy, congratulations on your raise! And I love the print your husband got you while he was away, that is too sweet.

Deegee, I can't imagine having to deal with inflammatory pain every day. I hope you're feeling good, and great job on your 20 min walks.

Sharon, you sound like you are a workout pro. Washing the floors is a workout too :)

As for me, I am starting to get back into a rhythm of working out. My natural state is slim and I have a very small frame, but since I haven't been exercising I don't have as much energy as I should and I can tell I've lost muscle and added fat to my body composition. I hadn't weighed myself in a while, and the body fat % thingy on my scale said I was 2-3 points up from my normal. This was at the end of last week, and I decided that I needed to finally get my butt in gear. So this is my fourth day in a row of working out. My usual thing is Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones or Ripped in 30. They are both pretty tough for me, since I haven't been exercising lately. My legs are so sore walking up and down steps, but I know it'll go away soon as my body adjusts. If anyone is looking for a workout DVD, I highly recommend any of Jillian Michaels'. They are quite tough for an absolute beginner, but they do work. After my last pregnancy (5th) I got back down to my teen-age weight using her workouts. I'm 38 years old, btw.

As for food, I have been tracking my calories on the Lose It app on my phone. When I am trying to slim down I usually tend to eat the same things for breakfast, lunch and snacks - it's just easier for me. For dinner, I eat whatever I am cooking for my family, I just cut down on my portion size. The BIG thing for me is to stop nighttime snacking. Once I can do that for a week or so, then I'm out of the habit and lost my craving for nighttime salty carb things. Here's what I have been eating over the past 4-5 days:

Breakfast - usually steel cut oats, with a bit of agave (1 Tbsp or less), half and half (1-2 Tbsp), shredded unsweetened coconut (1 Tbsp), and a few pecans OR two eggs cooked in coconut oil

Lunch - sandwich made with a bagel thin, 3-4 slices turkey, a slice of cheddar cheese, sundried tomatoes (2 Tbsp), small amount of Kraft spicy mayo, and spring mix lettuce

Snacks - 1-2 slices of cantaloupe, a clementine, a grapefuit, or half an avocado (with almost the same toppings I put on my steel cut oats, except for pecans), green tea, black tea, water

If I eat a grapefruit with dinner, I have less room for the entree, so that makes it easier for me to cut back on my portion size.

One book about food that I love, love, love is The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth. I bought it a few years ago, and it's really interesting reading and an easy way to incorporate healthier foods into my cooking. It's not a plan or anything, it's just a bunch of facts (and opinions) on foods from the author and other experts and nutritionists. I can pick and choose what I want to try out, instead of doing a complete, sudden overhaul - which is too much for me to handle for our family of six. I don't know about you guys, but I hear lots of random facts about foods, and I can't keep it all straight, so I like this book for having useful nutrition info all in one place. For example, until reading 150 Healthiest... I had no idea that coconut oil is so healthy, since common "knowledge" in past years has made saturated fat to be the ultimate enemy of healthy eating. I love coconut, so learning that all coconut is actually great for you, was good news for me :) (I also love how coconut oil doesn't have that greasy smell that other oils do).

Anyway, I thought I'd share that book rec for anyone who hasn't heard of it!

Happy healthy living everyone!

20120419untitled-2.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Inner Kitten. Great idea to make some healthy lifestyle changes! Going for a walk everyday is a wonderful idea. I find it’s not only a great way to get your mind and body going but it helps keep me motivated to make wise food choices. It sounds like you are making sure to include fruits and vegetables with your meals. I am sorry to hear you have some health problems but I am delighted to hear walking and eating healthy food seem to help that.

Friday’s Child, it sounds like you are getting in some great exercise It’s always a good feeling to be sore from working out. I bet your eating routine and plans will work great for you. It’s amazing what a difference just cutting out evening snacks can make. I like using portion control for supper and dining out too. Thanks for suggestion to read a good and helpful book.

Inner Kitten and Friday’s Child, it’s nice to hear what you are doing, so I thought I’d go over what works for me. I have tried many diets but didn’t really learn much from them. All protein diet, a grapefruit before every meal, juice for 3 days, low carb, protein shakes for lunch and breakfast but i found those type of diets very hard to stick to for any length of time. I finally found counting calories, using a food scale (to get every last morsel allowed for those calories) and trying to be sensible when faced with temptations got the best results for me. I also found that easy enough to stick to so that a lot of it has become routine for me.

I struggle every day wanting to snack, or to get seconds but I always keep trying. I found that having a tiny piece of chocolate every day kept me more honest than denying myself something I really wanted to eat. One thing we eat quite a bit of is slow churned ice cream. It’s low fat and a treat that doesn’t really blow my calories for the day. I weigh out my dish and have it with Marty after the dishes are done for supper.

I find the best form of exercise for me is walking and sadly I haven’t been getting in as much walking lately as I should. I want to start taking a walk at work for my break now that we are slowing down so that is my current goal to go back to walking every day.

Deegee, I hope your back is doing better today.

Sharon, I am sure you’ve been getting in some exercise this week.

We were slow at work this afternoon but I was really busy until about 3 pm. Breakfast was cheerios and peaches, I met a friend for lunch and had 2 corn shell tacos and a few chips, and for supper Marty picked up tacos so I guess it was a taco day for me. I had to have some alka seltzer a little while ago because my stomach is complaining tonight.

Well, take care. I need to go work on my talk for our meeting tomorrow.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are having a great weekend.

I took off work about 2 yesterday and we went to get my in-laws at the airport. They were an hour late. We ate supper then got to our meeting 5 minutes before it started. People were milling around outside since we have the key.

My program on the solar system went okay. Marty got up early to go play golf. I met a friend for breakfast. Marty and I went out for lunch after golf and brought 1/2 of it home for supper.

This afternoon we watched tv. Marty got the sprinklers going and I picked up the house.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

fridays child-I downloaded the book you mentioned. I haven't had a chance to get into it yet, but it looks like it is right up my alley. Our Weight Watchers leader gave us lists of healthy foods that I started incorporating into meals at home. I love to peel and eat grapefruit after dinner to help curb evening snacking. I can tell that not being able to exercise as I normally do is really hurting my energy level. Walking is about the only thing I can do and we had been walking 4 miles every evening. For the past 2 months I've had an unusually difficult flare up, so I'm lucky if I can walk 4 miles the entire week.

inner kitten-I'm a lot like you with the fruits and veggies. My coworkers are envious of the salads I bring for lunch. Last week I made one with every raw veggie I had in the fridge-romaine lettuce, spinich, cucumber, green pepper, sugar snap peas, carrots, fresh mushrooms, red cabbage, jicama, radishes, and tomatoes. I couldn't eat the whole thing because my jaw got tired from all of the crunching! I usually have some kind of berry with cottage cheese or yogurt for breakfast, snacks are usually either fruit or raw veggie. I'm also like you with pain...eating right and exercise makes a huge difference.

marcy-the print Marty got you is too cute. How thoughtful of him! On his way home from the last trip, Matt stopped by McDonald's and brought me a triple thick shake. That's Matt...always thinking about food. You have quite a list! I could NEVER make a decision if I had more than 2 things to choose from. You know I have issues with that. :loopy: I'm glad your solar system talk went okay. At least you weren't late. I probably won't decide whether or not to get a new ipad until I go to Best Buy to look at them. On one hand I don't want to give mom my used one, but on the other hand I think Matt is right and she would be more receptive knowing I had upgraded and had one to spare, and I would buy her a wireless router and a case. I dunno.

Today was a cold, windy, rainy day. We had to go to a funeral this morning. One of Matt's lunch buddies died suddenly this week at age 38. Since we were already in town, we went to a local restaurant called Pies and Pints for gourmet pizza and beer for lunch. We came home and both took naps, and then went to Panera Bread for broccoli soup for dinner. Not the healthiest day, but I still have plenty of weekly points left for tomorrow. I tend to hoard them all week so that I can have one or two bad things on the weekend. I'm too swollen to attempt a walk, so Matt walked Lily by himself. Today was lousy, but yesterday was great. It was 80 and sunny outside, so we left work early and took Lily to the park. We took a long walk (more of a mosey) on a trail through the woods, and then took Lily to the doggie play area where she made some new furry friends. It was a very relaxing and much needed mood improving day! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is supposed to be 23C today--so a long walk outside is in order. I did the restorative program at yoga yesterday, 1.5 hours of bliss. Gosh I love and need it. I have no lower back problems, but it does focus on that which is always good to keep healthy!

I was very sore from scrubbing the floor the other day--gotta remember to keep that OFF of my to do list!

cheers--Sharon

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome! I want to check out that book. I love the idea of eating foods that matter. I'm glad to here coconut is in there. My daughter and I can't handle large amounts of dairy. Just a little cheese or milk as an ingredient for a meal but not like a whole glass of milk, so we eat coconut icecream. It's called So Delicious and you can get it at Whole foods and Safeway. It's dairy free and soy free for those that don't handle soy well and it is sweetened with agave syrup instead of sugar. Tastes just like real ice cream.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1335112916|3177780 said:
HI:

It is supposed to be 23C today--so a long walk outside is in order. I did the restorative program at yoga yesterday, 1.5 hours of bliss. Gosh I love and need it. I have no lower back problems, but it does focus on that which is always good to keep healthy!

I was very sore from scrubbing the floor the other day--gotta remember to keep that OFF of my to do list!

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon, Thats great that you do yoga. That's one of my eventual physical fitness goals. I'm afraid I don't know celcius but I'm guessing that means it's a nice day :)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
deegee|1335069950|3177602 said:
Hello!

fridays child-I downloaded the book you mentioned. I haven't had a chance to get into it yet, but it looks like it is right up my alley. Our Weight Watchers leader gave us lists of healthy foods that I started incorporating into meals at home. I love to peel and eat grapefruit after dinner to help curb evening snacking. I can tell that not being able to exercise as I normally do is really hurting my energy level. Walking is about the only thing I can do and we had been walking 4 miles every evening. For the past 2 months I've had an unusually difficult flare up, so I'm lucky if I can walk 4 miles the entire week.

inner kitten-I'm a lot like you with the fruits and veggies. My coworkers are envious of the salads I bring for lunch. Last week I made one with every raw veggie I had in the fridge-romaine lettuce, spinich, cucumber, green pepper, sugar snap peas, carrots, fresh mushrooms, red cabbage, jicama, radishes, and tomatoes. I couldn't eat the whole thing because my jaw got tired from all of the crunching! I usually have some kind of berry with cottage cheese or yogurt for breakfast, snacks are usually either fruit or raw veggie. I'm also like you with pain...eating right and exercise makes a huge difference.

marcy-the print Marty got you is too cute. How thoughtful of him! On his way home from the last trip, Matt stopped by McDonald's and brought me a triple thick shake. That's Matt...always thinking about food. You have quite a list! I could NEVER make a decision if I had more than 2 things to choose from. You know I have issues with that. :loopy: I'm glad your solar system talk went okay. At least you weren't late. I probably won't decide whether or not to get a new ipad until I go to Best Buy to look at them. On one hand I don't want to give mom my used one, but on the other hand I think Matt is right and she would be more receptive knowing I had upgraded and had one to spare, and I would buy her a wireless router and a case. I dunno.

Today was a cold, windy, rainy day. We had to go to a funeral this morning. One of Matt's lunch buddies died suddenly this week at age 38. Since we were already in town, we went to a local restaurant called Pies and Pints for gourmet pizza and beer for lunch. We came home and both took naps, and then went to Panera Bread for broccoli soup for dinner. Not the healthiest day, but I still have plenty of weekly points left for tomorrow. I tend to hoard them all week so that I can have one or two bad things on the weekend. I'm too swollen to attempt a walk, so Matt walked Lily by himself. Today was lousy, but yesterday was great. It was 80 and sunny outside, so we left work early and took Lily to the park. We took a long walk (more of a mosey) on a trail through the woods, and then took Lily to the doggie play area where she made some new furry friends. It was a very relaxing and much needed mood improving day! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!

Isn't it interesting about the relationship with diet and pain. I think it has something to do with inflammation. Some foods or situations can trigger it. You've reminded me I haven't been for a walk today! Gotta get out while it's still nice out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hate to se another weekend coming to an end. This morning I went grocery shopping first thing and started a batch of homemade soup. I cleaned up by produce and started on laundry. Marty got done with golf about noon so I met the guys for a drink then we came home and I finished the soup.

This afternoon we’ve been watching the disaster movies on FX. All the snow and ice are making me cold.

Supper was cottage cheese and strawberries. I measured out my cheerios for breakfast for the week.

Deegee, your crunchy salad made my mouth hurt! I am sure getting tired of chewing on the left side. I am going to wear those teeth out. LOL! I worked on refining my shopping wish list today - I may have found a way to get quite a few upgrades without breaking the bank. Sorry to hear about Matt’s lunch buddy. That is pretty young. What happened? Good idea to save up points for the weekend. Going to the park sounds like a nice time. Are you getting any of the rain or snow from the latest storm back east? You’ll have to let me know when you go check out the new iPads.

Sharon, that is wonderful you enjoy your yoga so much. I usually get Marty to scrub the floor for me but I know he gets sore from doing it too.

Inner Kitten, the coconut ice cream sounds great. I hope you had a nice walk.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1335129984|3177953 said:
canuk-gal|1335112916|3177780 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon, Thats great that you do yoga. That's one of my eventual physical fitness goals. I'm afraid I don't know celcius but I'm guessing that means it's a nice day :)

IK:

I love yoga--but cannot do it exclusively, as I have joint pain already (wrecked shoulder golfing) and too much stress on that is painful. The restorative program I do (in combo with the more strenuous portion or alone) is very helpful b/c it focuses on stretching and meditation. So I agree, it is good to have yoga as "part" of one's program--good to mix things up!

And yes 23 is decent/warm--supposed to be 26C today! :)) :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We had very nice weather here today. I wanted to be sick. Ha ha.

I left a roast cooking in the crock pot. Marty said it drove him crazy all day smelling it. He was hitting the pantry a lot because it was making him hungry. Too funny.

I had Cheerios and strawberries for breakfast. Lunch was soup and a small piece of cornbread. Supper was raw veggies, roast and mashed potatoes. I had a frozen chocolate ww bar for dessert.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results