shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle Tread April 12 - 18

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE our breadmachine.. I''m a carb fanatic so I can''t live without bread but this way I determine what goes into it :)

congratulations to me for 30 minutes on the elliptical! feels like such a feat lately :)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!
Typical day for me again. I had leftover curry for lunch, and had a chicken salad with romaine, spinach, egg, bacon, and some bleu cheese (I splurge every once in awhile w/ dairy, and luckily, my stomach feels ok!) I ran 3 miles and did weights and abs.

Lisa- Fresh pasta is SO good. Yum! I haven''t had fresh pasta in quite some time. I use www.mapmyrun.com. I''ll plan a route depending on how many miles I want to do, map it out, and run! I would absolutely LOVE a Garmain watch buuut, they are $$$. Maybe some day. Will you still run the marathon if you sis can''t? I''m sure she''ll be ok though!

SS- Hello! Hope all is well with you and the LO.

marcy- Do you clean your jewelry daily? I''m a bad diamond mama. I''m ashamed to admit I haven''t cleaned my diamond in quite some time.
38.gif

Maevie- I''ll take you up on your apple crisp offer. Canada, right? I''ll be right up!

pinki- Congrats! That''s so awesome.

Yay for Friday tomorrow!
Take care ya''ll
24.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Today was not nearly as bad as yesterday at work. Woo hoo!

We have some burgers on the grill for supper. I put them in one of the 110 calories whole wheat thin bagels with a 50 calorie slice of low fat provolone and they were quite tasty. We had some slow churned for dessert.

Beach Runner, it dawned on me after going to bed tonight I forgot to respond to your post last night. I felt bad when I realized it. I so agree; vanilla is great. I like it in food and that is my favorite smell for candles too. How fun to work from home yesterday. Yes, I am very anal about cleaning my jewelry every day. My MIL doesn’t clean her jewelry too often. On mother’s day last year (after I had 2 glasses of wine) she commented on how dirty her diamond was (I think it is 1.25 ct.) and I said I could clean it for her and then I added something like of course I’d change my cleaning solution afterwards. How rude of me! It wasn’t personal but if I clean anyone’s jewelry that is pretty dirty I will always change out my solution. I tend to be too bluntly honest when I have had a few drinks.

Maevie, homemade bread is the best. I would have a hard time not eating a lot of it when it is hot. We used to have a bread machine and leave it so we had hot bread when we got home from work. Mmm. Glad to hear you had some time on the elliptical.

Pinki, I am sure it feels like your weight will never budge but as Lorelei always reminds us slow and steady wins the race. And your well wishes for my day helped; it actually wasn’t that bad.

I think I will try to go to bed early. One more day of work to go.

Take care.
Marcy

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
BeachRunner - yup - Calgary.. see you around 6:30?
3.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
ok - here''s my daily accountability

I work 1-8pm on Thursdays so my eating is always a bit off.

breakfast: small piece of homemade whole wheat bread with margarine, glass of crystal light
snack: small glass of milk, 2 mini oranges, 4 whole wheat soda cracker and cheese
lunch: green beans, small piece of baked chicken, small portion Greek salad (pine nuts and feta.. mmm), 1/2 whole wheat roll with butter, few spoonfuls of rice, small piece of apple pie, glass of water (thank you work for a lovely lunch :))
snack: none
supper:3 mini oranges; handful of pecans
snack: bowl of strawberries with a little sugar, half the usual (big :)) amount of air popped popcorn with the usual :)

exercise: 30 minutes elliptical

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey folks!!!

No work out yesterday. Sis and I celebrated tax day by going to the symphony. It was a pretty neat show. The symphony did one co-production number with a well known dance company in Chicago and they removed half the symphony and set them up at hte back of the stage. The dancers were in the front of hte stage dancing. It was *REALLY* neat!!!

Dinner was a flatbread chicken wrap. Quite good, but very late. Got home around midnight. THe dog was barking out th window at 5AM, then my dad text me. "SERIOUSLY?!?"
20.gif
Thank GOODNESS It''s Friday.

Beach, I thinkI''ll still run if sister is out of commission, but she should be OK to run. Training doesn''t start till June, and she''s got some time before then. She''s starting PT on MOnday. *YUMS* curry! I looooove Indian food. Sadly James doesn''t.
7.gif

Pinki, congrats on breaking through your plateau. It sounds easier than it is, but you mustn''t get frustrated when you plateau, it''s part of the process. It helps knowing your hard work is going somewhere, but try getting recognition other ways too, like energy levels, no longer craving junk, etc. Those are biggies also, even if they''re not just pounds.

Marcy, So awesome you have a good team. that makes it easier to deal with when work goes sideways. I use my sonic care toothbrush to clean my e-ring. it works quite well. I also totally get too blunt when I''ve had a few drinks too.

Maevie congrats on the 30 mins of elliptical. That is quite an accomplishment. Mmmm. I *LOVE* fresh bread. YOu''ve inspired me to make some this weekend. I didn''t register for a bread maker soI have to do it the old fashioned way.

~Lisa

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Last night was a great night, ran some errands and took my dog to the Dog Park. I got in a couple laps there. This morning I hit the gym in the a.m. as usual, Abs Class and then 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I run a fundraiser/charity basketball game that raises money for the Special Olympics, and that''s tonight so I''m running around trying to get last minute raffle items together, organize brackets, print out the release forms and rules, etc. It''s going to be a long night!

BeachRunner - I love mapmyrun.com. I actually use it all the time for my bike rides. You''re right, a Garmin watch would be neat but they are so freaking expensive. My fiance Kyle and I registered at REI and I wanted to get one but then we decided to go for other items that were more expensive that we actually needed like new sleeping bags.

Marcy - I''m glad my well wishing worked! At least you were prepared for the worst so then when it wasn''t so bad you could breathe a sigh of relief. Your MIL story is too cute. Hopefully she didn''t think you were being mean! I just commented to my FSIL that her ring was nasty dirty. She was given her grandmother''s ''Childrens'' ring (I don''t know what they''re called, but they have all the kids'' birthstones) and it was sooooo dirty I think I said like 3 times how awesome it was that she got it but that she really needed to get it cleaned. Then I kept babbling about taking it in to have the prongs checked, get appraised, etc. and she just stared at me like I was insane.

Maevie - Great job on the work out and eating. I''ll be carpooling with Beachrunner to try some baked apple goodness.
31.gif

Lliang Chi - The symphony sounds like it was amazing! I haven''t been in so long, I really need to make it a priority again. LOL at your dad...reminds me of when my brother lived with me...we used to IM each other to ask questions when we were in rooms next to each other. Thank you so much for the reminder about other successes than just weight. You are right, I definitely do not crave grease, sweets or general junk like I used to. Sometimes it shocks me how little I want bad stuff and I get so happy! It''s a huge success for this formal over-indulger.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi all
I am justifiably off the wagon this week thanks to my birthday. After tonight I''ll be picking back up. I''ve eaten out every night this week... and haven''t paid once. Bliss. LOL Back to the grind tomorrow. I have worked out... though not every day. I guess we gotta have a flimsy week now and again.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I'm still around, took a hiatus because dh hurt his back really bad at work so he obviously had to take time off from p90x. Since we were doing it together I took time off too...then fell into a slump for another week and went out to eat and pretty much gained back all the weight I took off in the first 3 weeks. SO I am back to square one. I think the trick is just to keep going because when I find out he had to stop for awhile and that I was going to too, I was actually kind of disappointed because I enjoy the workouts lol imagine that! Anyways, I promise to post more often. I am starting back up on Monday from the first week of phase one...and for right now? I just had a cinnamon dulce latte and a cheese danish lol, gotta get my kicks before I cut down again
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy!
35.gif
Hope everyone is well.

The weather has been fine lately and I was out for a walk/run yesterday; no biking b/c it is still on the rack and my DH need to put air in the tires.... But i got to the gym and did my water run and also did the stetp incline on the treadmill. One lady has been following my workout in the water--she told me she thought my body was beautiful! Good thing I was in the pool already with a wet face, as it made me teary--I''ve not had that compliment from a women, well, ever....made my day!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Friday, YAY!
36.gif

Today is my day off from working out. I''m not totally sure on our eats tonight. On to better news: my husband FINALLY got a job! Woohoo! We''re super excited, and I think you could see the weight just lift from both of our shoulders.

Marcy- No worries! Everytime I see my MIL, she asks to see my ring (she just loves the emerald cut) and wants to clean it. Whoops. Poor her though, all she has is about a 2 carot OEC family hierloom...um, drool! Husbands side of the fam has family diamonds that will get passed onto the females, but you can not be married into the diamonds. So, evenually, my SIL will inherit the diamond. Lucky lady!

Maevie- So, you''re just a little big north of me! No biggie. Hope this batch of apple crisp turns out just as good!
18.gif

Lisa- Symphony, how cool! I used to go to the symphony all the time when I was growing up (w/ my parents). I''ll start my marathon training in June too. Eek!

pinki- Garmin''s ARE crazy expensive. Registered at REI, as in wedding registry? That''s SUCH a good idea! We have a big flagship REI store here. It''s bad news; so easy to spend too much money there. Sleeping bags are a neccessity. We had winter and summer bags, but I usually take my winter bag all yr round. It''s super comfy and I''m always cold at night.

dragonfly- Birthdays are a justifiable excuse! I''ll be celebrating my birthday in a couple weeks and I''m totally making my hubby get me soy ice cream. Hell, I may even request an ice cream cake, and just suffer through the consequence of eating dairy.
14.gif
OH, I LOVE your EC ring you bought for your bday. It''s lovely, and I''m partial to step cuts!

smurfy- I hope you jump back on that bandwagon! Your latte sounds..sweet. wow! I try to not drink my calories. I never do the Starbucks/other coffee shops specialty drinks, although they are goood. I''d rather eat a muffin and drink some tea or coffee. Have a good weekend, and I expect to see you here on Monday!
2.gif

Sharon- As always, your workouts sound amazing, and I''m always jealous of your pool workouts. Sigh. I used to belong to a small women''s gym in WV where the majority of the members were older ladies. Some of them would look at me like I was crazy, and would occasionally give me compliments. It''s the little things in life
1.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock

I just lurk here, but I couldn''t help chiming in about the Garmin watches :). I have a Forerunner 305 and they''re really not badly priced! They go on sale a lot and I''ve seen them as low as $129 and usually priced around $150 for a sale.

I LOVE having it. I started with mapmyrun but I would always forget where I said I was going to turn and I didn''t have a regular watch so I didn''t know my exact time either :). Then I had a Nike + which I did enjoy, but it didn''t give you mile splits and over time, I found it getting uncalibrated (I have heard it does that when you start running at different speeds and I was getting faster at the time).

Then I got my Forerunner. Best.Toy.Ever. I love being able to look at my wrist and know exactly how far I''ve gone, how much time has passed, what my speed is at the moment. And then when I get home, I can upload my data and stare at it for like 20 minutes and match up to the map where I was and visualize if I was feeling good at that point or whatever else. And I like that the data can be kept on the Garmin Connect site, so I can also stare at my data when I''m at work (yes, I like data). It also has tons of options to do intervals which I don''t use, but my hubby has one and uses those and like it. I have mine set up to automatically track every mile and beep when I''ve hit a mile and tell me what my overall pace was for that mile. I would highly recommend asking for one for a gift if you don''t want to shell out the $$, but just keep an eye out and you can prob. snag one for a really good price.

Since I am here....I am running in a relay marathon tomorrow and I am psyched! I''m on a team with my dad, hubby and my two best friends and the relay basically runs the length of the middle of the Jersey Shore. It''s going to be fun - my portion is about 6.5 miles. My longest race to date has been 5 miles, and I had a small case of shin splints so my training didn''t go exactly as planned, but I''m still looking forward to it! And my team raised over $1800 for the Special Olympics which is AWESOME!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 4:14:23 PM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*

I just lurk here, but I couldn''t help chiming in about the Garmin watches :). I have a Forerunner 305 and they''re really not badly priced! They go on sale a lot and I''ve seen them as low as $129 and usually priced around $150 for a sale.

I LOVE having it. I started with mapmyrun but I would always forget where I said I was going to turn and I didn''t have a regular watch so I didn''t know my exact time either :). Then I had a Nike + which I did enjoy, but it didn''t give you mile splits and over time, I found it getting uncalibrated (I have heard it does that when you start running at different speeds and I was getting faster at the time).

Then I got my Forerunner. Best.Toy.Ever. I love being able to look at my wrist and know exactly how far I''ve gone, how much time has passed, what my speed is at the moment. And then when I get home, I can upload my data and stare at it for like 20 minutes and match up to the map where I was and visualize if I was feeling good at that point or whatever else. And I like that the data can be kept on the Garmin Connect site, so I can also stare at my data when I''m at work (yes, I like data). It also has tons of options to do intervals which I don''t use, but my hubby has one and uses those and like it. I have mine set up to automatically track every mile and beep when I''ve hit a mile and tell me what my overall pace was for that mile. I would highly recommend asking for one for a gift if you don''t want to shell out the $$, but just keep an eye out and you can prob. snag one for a really good price.

Since I am here....I am running in a relay marathon tomorrow and I am psyched! I''m on a team with my dad, hubby and my two best friends and the relay basically runs the length of the middle of the Jersey Shore. It''s going to be fun - my portion is about 6.5 miles. My longest race to date has been 5 miles, and I had a small case of shin splints so my training didn''t go exactly as planned, but I''m still looking forward to it! And my team raised over $1800 for the Special Olympics which is AWESOME!

Danielle, thanks for this! A couple questions for you:
How does this watch track mileage/splits/etc? Does it have a footpod or does it use GPS?

My co-worker just got the Forerunner60 and said that ran her around $200 (this watch has the footpod, not GPS).

Do you find this watch to be bulky at all?
And,
Good luck on your marathon! How exciting! I work with people w/ disabilities, some of them in the SO, so that''s super awesome that you raised so much money for such a good cause! And, a banana a day keeps the shin splints away! (for me, anyways)

Thanks again!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
The forerunner 305 uses GPS. The footpod can actually communicate with this watch too, so you can buy it as an accessory (THAT is expensive though!). I don''t use the watch when I''m running on the treadmill and stick to the roads and not trails with crazy tree cover or anything, so the GPS is perfect for me.

I don''t find it to be bulky when I''m actually running. I''m in grad school and work full time, so I will go running around campus after class a lot of days. I like to get changed before I leave work, so I''ll put my forerunner on before I go to class. I am a leftie and wear my watch on my left arm (weird, I know) and I can''t take notes with it on my arm and it does get annoying when I''m sitting in class. But - when I''m running, I don''t notice it at all. The stupid cord from my headphones flopping around bothers me A LOT more. It IS bigger than your usual watch, but I don''t find it to be particularly heavy on the wrist and it certainly doesn''t get in my way.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say that I was proud of myself tonight. I got a three way deal giving me an apetizer, dinner and dessert at the restaurant we went to. I only ate one piece of the apetizer (brought the rest home for SO), less than half of dinner (HUGE southwest style chicken salad), and shared the dessert with the table
16.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I fell off the wagon a little bit today re: chocolate but only because we went out for lunch as a clinic (only 4 of us who work there) and I had no involvement in the decision about where to go.. ended up at Pizza Hut where they only had buffet! and my coworker insisted I share dessert with her (but it was Freaking delicious!)

breakfast: piece of whole wheat bread with margarine
snack: 4 pecans
lunch: 1 piece of pizza, a few bread sticks with cheese (and 2 with a bit of chocolate on top), small bit of caesar salad, garden salad with very little dressing, and half of a "chocolate caramel lava cake".. wow.. yummy
snack: 1 mini orange
supper: baked chicken, salad (spinach, strawberries, small cubes of cheddar, apples, pecans -no dressing) and a glass of milk

no snack yet but there are plans for strawberries and maybe a bit of whipped cream

I was full from supper so decided to make the apple crisp tomorrow :)

no exercise besides the walk home from the train (15 minutes ish)

tomorrow is my cheat day re: chocolate which is good because I am going out for a monthly supper with a friend (I almost never eat out, but this will be the third time this week - crazy!) and we always share dessert

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My day was the worst one yet. I was very close to knocking on the HR department door at 5. Yep, I am that close. Not only does the other team in our division that provides us schedules have accuracy issues but when I point it out to them I get my head bit off. My boss did it today and that was the icing on the cake. We can’t do our job unless we have accurate data and since they can’t provide us accurate data we have to ask them to fix it. My boss must have apologized to me every 20 minutes the rest of the day but only because he knew he really pushed me too far. Everyone on that team has bit of my head or someone on my team and not once have they been made or felt obliged to offer up an apology. GRRRRR!!! I am TICKED.
The only good thing going for me today at least every time I looked in the mirror I could see my WF studs, my ideal cut pendant and my ideal cut ering so I had something to allow me to sparkle on.
My folks are in Arizona for a week. She asked me tonight what we were doing tomorrow and I said “drinking.” I don’t think she found that very funny.
Glad to see so many posts here.
Maevie, so you only work later hours one day a week? Different hours always throw me off too. Mmm to pizza buffet at Pizza Hut.
Lisa, glad to hear you and your sister had fun at the symphony. I had a sonic care toothbrush and it kept hurting my teeth so I threw it out. I never thought of using it for a jewelry cleaner though. Too funny we get chatty after a few drinks.
Pinki, glad to hear you had some time for some good workouts. Sadly I didn’t prepare for the worst today and it happened. I told my team I am taking them out to lunch in a few weeks when the work load dies down. Too funny about your FSIL ring. I hope she gets it cleaned. A friend of mine at work bought an aqua ring and I think they look more gross than anything else dirty so I bought her a jar of jewelry cleaner. Of course when she talks to me now and I look at her hand she always says “I know I need to clean my rings”.
Dragonfly, how fun to get free birthday dinners all week. I love stretching a birthday out for a few days.
Smurfyimproved, I hope your husband gets better. No worries about a bump in the road; it is sure frustrating how a few days of bad eating can derail your progress. Often part of it is only water retention.
Sharon, we still have very chilly wind here. What a great compliment on your body.
Beach Runner, congratulations to your husband getting a job! How wonderful. Your MIL’s ring sounds nice. I sure like my EC RHR. I wear it quite a bit.
Danielle, good to see you here again. Good luck in your marathon.
I don’t know what our plans are for tomorrow but I plan on being lazy and try to veg out a bit. Marty’s week was worse than mine so I am sure he’ll agree.
Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! I didn''t sleep well at all. Marty is in the shower and we are going to breakfast then to run errands. The best part of today - NO WORK. (I hope.)

Have a great day.
35.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Marcy - I''m sorry you''re having such a rough time at work lately - what is it that you do? And your husband too - you both deserve a calm, relaxing weekend with maybe a few drinks :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
today is my chocolate permitted day so I''ve already had some and it''s barely lunchtime :) but I am also filling up on my usual mini oranges and the leftover salad from supper last night.
Just checking out the nutritional information for the restaurant I"m going to with my friend tonight - trying to decide what''s worth the calories :) (besides the chocolate mouse/cheesecake cake - that''s a given!)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m happy to report I only gained one pound! I did the 30 day shred and am cooking this for supper
18.gif
Also grabbing some fresh strawberries and those angel food cups for dessert
31.gif

Tomato-Basil Chicken

Full of fresh pesto flavors, this saucy chicken dish rests on a bed of hot fettuccine. From eatbetteramerica.com
Prep Time: 20 min
Start to Finish: 20 min
makes: 4 servings (1 1/2 cups each)

8 oz uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 medium tomatoes, chopped (2 1/2 cups)
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey breast
3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
1. Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package. Cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil, stirring occasionally, until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in remaining ingredients except fettuccine; reduce heat to medium.
3. Cover; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft. Serve over fettuccine.

Nutritional Information
1 Serving: Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 540mg; Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 5g); Protein 30g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15% Exchanges: 3 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
That sounds fabulous Smurfy - I''m always in the mood for pasta, especially with basil!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Friday we didn''t do anything at all. I had planned to run the long way to sis''s house with the dog, but she did NOT want to run AT ALL. So we walked the short way. Lazy dog! Today sis and I worked in the garden for a good 2 hrs, pulling weeds, mulching etc. It looks great, but a little empty. i want to plant some more flowers in the front so it looks super pretty and cool looking. But we haven''t gone to Home Depot, so maybe tomorrow. I also plan to do veggies in the garden. Mmmm... tomatoes & red peppers :) And chili peppers.
18.gif

Sis and I made dinner yesterday. I ate SO. FREAKING. MUCH yesterday!!!! Horrible! Today for lunch sis and I made ropa vieja and some southwestern style corn with peppers & black beans, and pasta salad with the grilled veggies I made for dinner last night. It was tasty, but late lunch. Tonight we''re going to tapas with some of James''s friends from out of town. I''m going to alternate one glass of sangria, one glass of water. Sis actually is going to give up boozing since she hurt her foot. Maybe I''ll try to join her...

Marcy, HUG HUG HUG to you friend! I''m so sorry you were having such a bad day. I totally know what you mean. I''m on the fence on resigning certain days as well. Hopefully you''re having a nice calm weekend

Danielle, I''m going to ahve to check out the Garmin watch now. I had a Suunto HRM that I could get a foot pod with. But someone STOLE it on my honeymoon
29.gif

Pinki, Aw, pup to the dog park!! Fantastic! How was the fundraiser? I need to raise $1000 for my marathon (doing it for charity: Diabetes research). Can you give me some ideas how to raise money?? The symphony was very nice, and it''s nice to have an excuse to get all dressed up. And my dad is in China so he texts me at 5AM on a regular basis. Ugh!! I''m starting to put my phone on silent at night...

Dragon, Happy birthday! Don''t forget to change your age in your signature :) Go you on doing so well on your B-day eats. And you totally deserve a few days off for your bday.

Smurf, Hope DH''s back is better. awesome job on the 30DS. :) So great you and hubs are doing PX90 together.

Sharon!!! Lot time no see friend. Glad the weather is warming up for you. So nice of your hubs to work on your bike for you. I wonder if I can get James to do mine for me.... Hmmmm ^_^

Beach, Your eats sound fantastic. CONGRATS to Mr. Beach!!!! Ooh, your SIL is a lucky lady to get a 2C OEC. I *drool* over that cut. I do love what I got, but a girl can always daydream right? I''m trying to get used to running outside again. Maybe if I have HRM again I''ll be a little less bratty about doing my runs. I use gmap-pedometer.com to map where ''m going.

Maevie. Mmmm... chocolate! I have to make a cake for Hubs bday celebration with his friends next week. I asked him what kind of cake he wants. "CHOCOLATE!" Hee hee. Apple crisps are delish> James doesn''t like cooked fruit
33.gif
so I don''t really get to make a lot of pies etc anymore. Sigh! So tasty.

ON other news, the job I interviewed for said they will be making me an offer. THe question is how much will they be offering me. They said their top range is less than my current salary. I guess I''m gun shy because I don''t want to jump into this job to just be disappointed and want a different job in a year. Bear with me as I "weigh" my options here...

Good w/new company: large company, larger team, manager seems competent and knows his stuff, more chance of growth because of larger team and larger company, close to my gym, lead position, new industry.
Bad w/ new company: less money, only lead position (should I try for senior position?), work seems very manual-lots of nitty gritty, benefits not as good as I currently have.
Good w/ current company: BENEFITS (don''t pay for healthcare, catered lunches), *super* great commute, slightly above mean salary.
Bad w/current company: Boss is a total idiot, don''t see much space for growth (e.g. not getting promoted etc), mind numbing work, management doesn''t "jive" with me, bunch of big egos (and little brains), small company so can''t "transfer" groups.

Anyway, that''s all for me!

~Lisa, out
5.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday. Marty was up very late installing new virus protector on my laptop. Stupid Vista kept crashing on him. I went to bed but couldn’t sleep. Thinking about what and if I would tell my boss on Monday. I woke up about 6 am and couldn’t go back to sleep. Rats. He got up about 9 am so we went out to breakfast and ran a few errands.
This afternoon I made mini meatloaves and some potatoes au gratin. It is almost done.
Maevie, I am a supervisor of a scheduling department and my husband works for the same company and is in charge of some of the engineering departments. I hope you have fun at dinner tonight with your friends. Yum to chocolate cheesecake.
Smurfyimproved, your tomato chicken basil sounds wonderful. Strawberries shortcake sounds great too.
Laters,
Marcy

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, the weekend!
So, it''s pretty gloomy here today. Got up late this morning (10a) as we went out last night w/ a friend. I made some coffee and oatmeal, and went for my run around 1pm. Half way through it starts raining pretty hard; enough for me to put my hood up (I was smart and wore my rain coat). I wanted to do a slow run as tomorrow is my LR, but when I finished I finished way ahead of my schedule. I always seem to run quick in weather. Should I pray for some rain on my half marathon day??
2.gif
We''re having whole wheat pasta and red sauce. We''re not doing anything tonight, and I''ll be OK with that
1.gif

My hubs ordered a locket I''ve been oogling on etsy since before my wedding (Oct) and it came in the mail early, so, he gave it to me early. I LOVE it!! I''ll have to take a picture and post it.

Marcy- I love eating breakfast out! We rarely do it as hubs isn''t much of a breakfast eater. I hope your work week gets better next week.

Maevie- Nothing wrong with some chocolate. Yum!

smurf- Eats sounds good! I''m not a fan of angel food cake. But, strawberries are on sale for $1 at Kings!

lisa- Everytime I see runners running with dogs, they always seem to have trouble. Maybe you can try to limit your alcohol intake to the weekends? I can''t believe someone stole your watch. OOF! I looked at watches today at our local running store. I just can''t make up my mind. The FR305 was big, and some reviews said the GPS is a little questionable, but the price is nice. The FR60 is nice, no GPS but comes with a footpod to measure distance, pace, etc. It''s a little more $, but a lot smaller. Did you love the HRM watch? I also thought about just buying a HRM watch and the Nike + system. I''m so terrible at making decisions....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach Runner, it was a gloomy day here too. Glad you had a quick run since you were out in the rain. We didn''t do much tonight either. Marty wanted popcorn so we had some and watched a movie.

Dragonfly, are you still planning on starting off the thread for the next month?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I might have gone a bit overboard on the chocolate but my new strategy is thatSaturdays are for chocolate.. so we''ll see. I made it through 4/5 days last week without any.. but my husband is away (AGAIN) for work so this will be a harder week

Marcy - that job sounds pretty stressful - I''m sorry it''s been keeping you up at night.. that''s not good for you !

I slept in a bit today and then went out for a walk but it was SUPER windy so I came back in and did 30 min on the elliptical instead.. will be posting my eats later once I''ve had supper :)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
What a slow Sunday, here. It''s beautiful outside today. I got my long run in today (10mi), and it felt good. I have two more long runs, a taper run of about 5 miles, then my HALF. Eek! We''re just having soup tonight as DH has a migraine today. It''s weird, he never gets headaches.

Re: exercise watches; I think I''ve decided on the Garmin Foreunner 305. The 405 is about $150 more expensive, and reading the reviews, the 305 is just as functional minus the bulk. Whatev. I''ve also read that many people prefer the GPS to the footpod. So, I''ll probably purchase the 305 with any b-day money I get. Yay!

Maevie- Chocolate Saturday, I like it!

marcy- We did the same thing. We rented an awful movie, and watched SNL (which was actually pretty comical last night!)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
alright - no more exercise to report today but here are my eats...

breakfast: homemade whole wheat bread with margarine and crystal light
snack: none
lunch: glass of milk, handful of pecans, tall Starbucks caramel apple cider
snack: mini orange
supper: baked chicken, handful of raw spinach, a few sundried tomatos, cheese pasta (sidekicks - we have a few around that are old - trying to get rid of them), glass of milk
snack: apple crisp! and a few rice cakes (mmm dill...)

not a bad day after the excesses of yesterday :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Marty played golf this morning and this afternoon we met my sister and BIL 1/2 way in between our houses for supper. It was fun. I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow but since I didn''t win the lotto - I guess I''ll be there before 8 am.

Maevie, good plan to enjoy some chocolate once a week. It is rough when Marty is gone too. Mostly because I usually schedule some outings with friends or family which of course means eating and drinking. Good luck this week. Marty is gone 2 weeks in May so I hope to be good with some socializing. I know lack of sleep is very bad for me. I hope to go to bed early tonight. I used to get by pretty easy on 5 or 6 hours of sleep; but not anymore. Sorry it was windy there. We actually had a pretty nice day.

Beach Runner, it was a nice day for a long run. I hope your husband’s migraine gets better. When does he start his new job? I haven’t watched SNL for quite awhile. Sounds fun.

Marcy
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results