shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle Thread April 5 - 11

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I am really loving this posting of my dayily eats.. its the first time Ive felt real accountability.. its totally making me choose things differently... plus I fell off the wagon an itsy bitsy bit.. but knowing that I was going to come here later to post cut the fall short!

so todays eats are:

breakfast: a whole wheat english muffin with cream cheese and crystal light
snack: a yogurt
lunch: pear, carrots, apple, yogurt, and a handful of walnuts
snack: 2 timbits (I think Americans might call these doughnut holes?)
supper: chicken noodle soup, whole wheat soda crackers with margarine, and a glass of milk
snack: a few too many squares (5 or 6 maybe?) of dark chocolate (Nestle Noir with caramel bits.. heavenly!) and some candies (small sucker, a few Werthers, 2 mints)

no ellipticalling today - but I spent the past 3.25 hours constantly cleaning and running up and down 2 flights of stairs so I think thats ok :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
marcyc - breakfast for supper is the best! Breakfast is my absolute favourite meal to go out for.. but I tend to prefer the less healthy stuff like french toast and waffles with lots of fruit and whipped cream!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maevie, I like the word timbits. Yes, we call them donut holes. Waffles with whipped cream and strawberries are the best. We have waffles on the weekend but I use the lite syrup instead of whipped cream - it is almost not worth the calories even if you use Cool Whip lite.

I walked back and forth in my house tonight listening to music on my headphones. I am so looking forward to nicer weather after supper.

35.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Timbits come from Tim Horton''s (a coffee shop started by and named after a Canadian hockey player years ago -a cultural icon - I know they''ve tried to break into the American market too) - so the Timbits makes sense - it''s a cute name :)
I have a baby nephew named Timothy and we all call him Timbit too :)

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hi all
35.gif

so i was so tired after putting the kids to bed last night. my dd had a fever and was up the night before. i had no motivation to workout and had a few
20.gif
pieces of easter candy. i decided to get off my butt at 8:30 last night and proceeded to do one of the harder workouts i have. after 40 minutes and me gasping for air i felt great in a weird way
9.gif
. i knew if i just sat there and didn''t workout i''d feel defeated today. i''m glad i pushed through it. my new motto is no excuses...thats what got me to this point in the 1st place.

anyways aside from the chocolates
30.gif
yesterday my meals were healthy...and chocolate IS dairy, right?
2.gif

i had a grilled chicken salad for dinner w/plain balsamic vinegar, a ham sandwich for lunch on whole wheat and cheerios for breakfast w/ coffee....and i drank a lot of H2O.

get out and just do it!!!! excuses are like
a@@es--everybody has one.

have a great day!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone!

I''m a tad irritated at my husband at the moment. I''m on day TWO of my good habits, healthier eating habit, and he just invited me out to lunch. He knows that I love certain sandwiches, so he asked if I wanted to meet him at Earthfare for a turkey, cranberry, and brie panini. Of course I would, but I actually declined. I don''t want to be tempted by food that I can''t control. Not yet anyway. I''m not really mad at my husband, but I wish he hadn''t put that thought into my head. He knows how much I love certain foods, and it''s hard to say no. I know that''s all I''m going to think about all day now. Well, that and red velvet ice cream.
9.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
morning all. I tried doing some lower abdominal workouts last night and the back still doesn''t like those yet. I guess my abs will have to develop through standing moves and pank and weights and yoga :razz: no crunches or reversed crunches for now.

Tonight I''ll be jogging

Beachrunner - I''ll actually be doing a protein shake daily from here. I feel like I''m definitely not getting enough of it, and I think it would benefit my metabolism.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
red velvet ice cream!? why have I not heard of this deliciousness before? it sounds amazing :)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone I finally got some exercise today. I woke this morning and could actually breathe through my nose which was very nice. Still have some lingering allergy symptoms, but I''m definitely much better off than I was a week ago. I went to my SLAM class today. Great workout, it really got to me though, not sure if was the workout, lack of activity or both.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Hi all - back for another daily dose of lifestyle accountability:

eats:
breakfast: whole wheat english muffin with cream cheese and crystal light
snack: 4 squares dark chocolate
lunch: carrots, pear, handful of walnuts, 2 yogurts
snack: pecan and toffee cookie (100 cal)
supper: airpopped popcorn with margarine and white cheddar seasoning and a glass of milk
snack: cheddar rice cakes

I really need to back away from the dark chocolate these past couple of days.. and possibly manage my severe addiction to popcorn! :) I am SUCH a carb fiend.. I''ve tried to cut it out of my lunches lately because I used to be worse!

I did get some exercise today though although I SERIOUSLY did not want to do it when I got home from work at 9pm:
30 minutes elliptical

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Work went from bad to worse today but hey it’s Thursday which means 2 things to me. We go out to dinner and tomorrow is Friday. Since we went to dinner I had a margarita which was quite tasty. I also ordered a burger which I brought ½ of it home and will have it for lunch tomorrow.

Work will be a major disaster tomorrow so I am planning already to have another drink tomorrow night but then I’ll have 2 days (hopefully) of no work related issues and be able to rest up for another fun filled week of challenges and adventures.

Of course it’s all about perspective no matter how bad my day is Marty’s is always more stressful. Poor guy had to go back in tonight for about 2 hours.

Maevie, how neat to learn where Timbits came from. Too cute you call your nephew that as well. I am with you on the red velvet ice cream.

NYC Sparkle, I like your new motto and good job doing a hard workout last night.

ZoeBartlett, I am quite intrigued about red velvet ice cream myself. Would eating a turkey Panini be that bad? I have never had one but turkey isn’t bad.

Dragonfly, sorry your bad still doesn’t like some things. You have certainly come a long way though.

Appletini, I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

Chat with you tomorrow.
Marcy

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Yep, another week of being stuck. Arg. I started tracking my foods again to make sure I stay exactly in my calorie counts and I''m kicking up the workouts. I actually ran this morning which was a big change from my usual incline walks. I plan on going out on my bike this weekend too and hopefully putting on about 20 miles.

I do meet with the trainer today to take measurements and see how I''ve been tracking that way, so I think that will make me feel better. I also got a compliment this morning from a girl at the gym who said she''s noticed a big difference in me and congratulated me. It made me feel great because we don''t really talk aside from the usual "good morning" and "have a great day", and also because she''s seriously 5'' and MAYBE 100 lbs. She''s very athletic and has an amazing body, so it felt good to hear from her.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cj

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a pop-in. I''ve got bronchitis and pneumonia now. Everytime my allergies hit hard, this is what it progresses to. I have an appt on Mon for Baby. Hopefully we''ll get some good news and I''ll return more to the HLT.

Hope all of you are doing well!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all
I got in a nice walk/jog session with a friend yesterday. I''ve been eating really well this week, so I''m happy about that. I rode this morning, it was nice and refreshing. Not much else to report. YET
27.gif

Apple - I''m glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and you got to exercise

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 12:25:16 PM
Author: Maevie
red velvet ice cream!? why have I not heard of this deliciousness before? it sounds amazing :)
It''s AMAZING, Maevie! I live in the US, and there''s a small ice cream chain called Maggie Moo''s that sells it. It''s my new favorite. I''d seriously eat it every day if possible.
18.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 4:47:02 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Date: 4/8/2010 12:25:16 PM

Author: Maevie

It''s AMAZING, Maevie! I live in the US, and there''s a small ice cream chain called Maggie Moo''s that sells it. It''s my new favorite. I''d seriously eat it every day if possible.
18.gif

I only live a few hours drive from the border with Montana..
31.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
ok - back again.. but I have my first confession to make
7.gif

after posting last night, I had a frustrating phone conversation with my husband (no fault of his own, just a situational frustration) and then I pretty much binged on rice cakes and chocolate.. like seriously bad
I tend to do this sort of emotional eating sometimes - it was getting pretty frequent for awhile, but better lately - however every time I think that it''s under control, I do it again.. Very frustrating and I"m feeling pretty upset with myself today

phew.. that wasn''t soo bad.. I almost didn''t post this info - but I really want to do it right this time
any advice/virtual hugs would help!

now for today''s accountability

breakfast: whole wheat English muffin with cream cheese and crystal light
snack: delicious chocolate chip cookie (a client brought cookies to the clinic) to be fair, someone offered me a second and I declined :)
lunch: handful of walnuts, 2 pears, yogurt, carrots
snack: small Lindt chocolate bunny (an easter gift from a client - lucky day today!)
supper: air popped popcorn with margarine and cheddar cheese seasoning

I seriously need to deal with my popcorn addiction but there are worse things I suppose.. it''s been really bad this week becaue my husband''s been away on business and I''m not used to spending all week alone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PS Land! I am so glad it is finally Friday. My day at work was as expected “OMG and AAK” comes to mind but I survived. Next week will be worse than this week but then things will settle down a bit.

I left potatoes in the oven to bake for supper and had a steak to cook in the grill. I bought the steak last weekend – a lean sirloin. The date on it said it was good through April 9th which is today. I took it out when I got home and it was as brown as can be. We threw it away and got out a few frozen burgers to go with our potatoes. No since getting sick on something that is questionable.

Tomorrow we have to run errands and we are going to play cards tomorrow night with some friends.

Marty is taking off for a few days for work so I am meeting a friend for breakfast on Sunday. I am debating whether to go shopping to the outlet mall but haven’t decided yet.

Pinki, I am sure you’ll be quite pleased with the results of your measurements with the trainer. What a wonderful compliment from the lady at the gym.

Somethingshiny, I hope you start to feel better soon. Good luck at the doctor next week.
Dragonfly, I am glad you spent some time with a friend on a walk / jog.

ZoeBartlett, our Maggie Moo’s closed. I loved their cake batter ice cream.

Maevie, are you in Canada? Don’t beat yourself up over some rice cakes and chocolates. All you can do is brush yourself off and start again. I love Lindt chocolate. It’s my favorite. The chocolate bunnies I bought us were Russell Stover. I don’t think I like them as much as I used to but I cut my little bunny up in to about 12 pieces so it’s lasting me through the week. I sometimes eat bad when Marty is gone too; it’s tough. I get stressed and bored. When he flew to Hong Kong I was bonkers on those days. Sadly he’ll be going back this summer.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Marcy! I appreciate your understanding and kind words.. I just hate feeling out of control.. my husband is on his way home right now and I spent the last 2 hours cleaning and am only craving a drink of water right now :)

Enjoy your weekend too !

(and yes - I''m in Canada - Alberta)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maevie, you are welcome. Being hard on yourself doesn''t really help anything so just accept some days you won''t be as good or dedicated to healthy eating as you''d like. The best thing to do is move on and just decide to try to do better tomorrow. I clean my house when Marty is gone too. It''s a good way to pass the time and a big old glass of ice water always hits the spot when you are cleaning house. Marty''s best friend was from Eston, Saskatchewan. We went to Glacier National park the summer before last and spent a day on the Watertown side. It was so pretty there.

I am going to paint my nails now (pink of course).
35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, the weekend!

Just a quick check-in. I think we''re gonna do some hiking today. It''s suppose to be a beautiful weekend, so we''re def. taking advantage. I do some miles this am, and complete my LR tomorrow (12 miles again). Last night i had a veggie burger and some ranch style beans. yum yum. We''ll have pasta tonight, as it gives me energy for tomorrow.

Enjoy the weekend!

marcy- Hope you get out and enjoy the weather as well. I''m sure it''s nice there too? Hubs and I want to visit Glacier National Park soon, before it''s gone. Sad, isn''t it?

Maevie- Canadian, eh? We have friends in Toronto. Do you eat popcorn every night for dinner? That just wouldn''t be enough for me!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have been remiss in exercising and hence posting--busy working, etc, etc. I was hoping we would miss the Spring snow storms but endured one icestorm this week and I see more snow is predicted. Now I can''t run outside! Love living in the Foothills of the Rockies, but but but the weather!!

Hope everyone is well
35.gif

cheeers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Ladies.......I hope you''ve all had a good weekend. This is going to another fly-by as I''m buried at the moment. Work was decent this week. I made two placements, which is great! On the home front and hence the move front, things are not good. The buyer for our condo is likely flaking out, which is just devastating. Our contract specified mortgage terms he doesn''t qualify for, so if he can''t get such favorable financing, he can back out. And thus far, no one seems willing to give him a mortgage he finds acceptable. If he backs out, we''re sunk. We''re comtemplating a backup plan, which would not make our current mortgage company happy, but could solve the problem for us. So we''ll just have to weigh our options over the next few days. Otherwise, we''re doing well. We had a fabulous workout at the gym this afternoon. Usually, when I get really stressed, my back goes out on me. For whatever reason, while we could be facing financial ruin, I''m remarkably calm about this whole mess.

Sorry for not writing you all individually. I read all your posts. Marcy......If your request for 2 Saturdays comes through, please share them OK?? LOL

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello PS Land! I hope you had a glorious weekend.

This morning Marty took off for a business trip. I met a girl friend for breakfast then did some shopping.

I warmed up 2 small pieces of pizza for lunch and had a lean cuisine for supper.

I worked on laundry and washed sheets and blankets. I put up our flannel sheets but think I’ll keep the electric blanket on for awhile.

This afternoon I rented “Up in the Air”. It was pretty good but kind of sad. I am watching “The Pacific” right now. It’s not as good of a series at “Band of Brothers” (IMO).

My boss has called me and texted me a few times now; sounds like this week will be a rough one. Sigh.

Rod, I am glad to hear you made 2 placements this week. I am just sick to hear the sale of your condo might not go through I hope things go okay. Are you guys committed to buying the new place regardless? Good luck working all of that out.

Marcy
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results