shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy foods for when you''re sick?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,

What do you recommend eating while you''re sick? I''m trying to slim down and tone up, but it''s hard when you''re sick!

My dilemma is that my go-to healthy foods aren''t great for sickness (e.g., yogurt and cheese can aggravate mucus production and salads just aren''t cutting it!) and my go-to sick foods aren''t healthy (e.g, ice cream, popsicles, soup, mashed potatoes).

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi blingbunny, myself, my hubby, and my 8 month old son just recovered from the stomach flu. phew. The Dr. recommended the BRAT diet - Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. It actualy wasn''t too bad and we were feeling better in a couple days time!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
When you''re sick, go with whatever is appetizing. I think your body craves certain things when you''re sick because it needs those items. Like soup, you need the salt to keep your levels in balance. Crackers, because they are bland and easily digested. Popsicles b/c they are hydrating. Mashed potatoes because they provide much needed sugar/starch carbs.

I think chicken soup and ginger ale are the best, maybe some gatorade. Personally, I ditch the diet if I get sick and go with whatever I can handle at the moment.

Hope you''re feeling better!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Meg--ditch the diet and eat what you need to eat to nurse yourself back to health.

I eat the same exact things every time I''m sick: Welch''s grape juice, Saltine crackers, Campbell''s home style chicken soup, and ginger ale. I never eat (or drink) ANY of these things when I''m well, but they always make me feel better!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven your sick diet sounds like mine except I go for the boxed chicken soup.

Blingbunny, definitely go with what makes you feel better and sets with your stomach then go back to more healthy foods when you are doing better. Get well soon.
35.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll ask my doctor today when I go in. I''ve got something that feels like a sinus infection (sore throat, ears throbbing, cheekbones hurt, pressure...ugh)

I really don''t want to eat- the thought of trying to swallow
14.gif
so i''ve had stuff like instant carnation breakfast, been drinking propel, and will probably make some mashed potatoes with chicken stock.

feel better!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
if it''s a stomach thing I stick with BRAT plus liptons noodle soup in the box

if it''s sinuses I eat a lot of brothy soups (especially hot and sour from chinese take out), stir fried veggies with garlic and ginger, juice, popsicles made with juice, and the liptons noodle soup in the box (I lvoe that stuff:)

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I''m back! so, in my case, I had sinus congestion but very little postnasal drip, so dairy was fantastic for soothing my dry itchy throat. But that''s just for a dry itchy throat- I mean, it feels like I licked a bunch of cotton balls and tried to swallow but they got stuck in my throat. no fun.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I'm back, too! Ugh, so I finally dragged myself to the doctor after 2 weeks of misery. Turns out I have a bad sinus infection. On meds now and feel sooo much better. Thanks for all your suggestions!
5.gif
I've been living off of rice porridge, chicken soup, and frozen bananas.

Kas baby, if your throat is dry and sore, try a teaspoon of raw, unprocessed honey. You can stir it into warm tea, if you don't like the smell or taste of straight honey.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results